US to pull out of Syria + Turkey to invade Syria?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Somebody sure is defensive!
Stop deflecting. Answer the following questions:

- Your idol Mr. Hope & Change, armed, funded, supplied air support for ISIS & changed military policy so they wouldn't rounded up, and it's Trump you blame?

- Trump captures all these ISIS fighters & holds them for the EU countries for 3 years, they refuse to take them back & Trump's the bad guy? What are we supposed to do with them? Babysit them in N Syria forever? Keep them in secret prisons somewhere indefinately?

- Remember how outraged you people were about what a meanie Trump was to our most closest, bestest allies NATO? Why aren't you condemning them? This is their baby.

- Where is your outrage towards Turkey? Oh that's right, Turkey gets a pass because they were Obama's bestie & they hate Saudi Arabia.

- You want the US to go to war with Turkey?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Trump has no idea what he’s doing with this move, craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What an alternate reality you live in. Trump just turned out NATO, outted Turkey, forced the Kurds/Syria to ally themselves & began the withdrawal of US troops from Syria, which moves him toward fulfilling yet another campaign promise.

justthefacts

Stop deflecting. Answer the following questions:

- Your idol Mr. Hope & Change, armed, funded, supplied air support for ISIS & changed military policy so they wouldn't rounded up, and it's Trump you blame?

- Trump captures all these ISIS fighters & holds them for the EU countries for 3 years, they refuse to take them back & Trump's the bad guy? What are we supposed to do with them? Babysit them in N Syria forever? Keep them in secret prisons somewhere indefinately?

- Remember how outraged you people were about what a meanie Trump was to our most closest, bestest allies NATO? Why aren't you condemning them? This is their baby.

- Where is your outrage towards Turkey? Oh that's right, Turkey gets a pass because they were Obama's bestie & they hate Saudi Arabia.

- You want the US to go to war with Turkey?
Erdogan is a tyrant and a monster. Liberals don't like Erdogan. As for NATO, they certainly now have a very tough decision on their hands, but last week, before Trump moved the troops, the situation was much better.

We don't need to go to war with Turkey. Were we at war with Turkey last week before we decided to move our troops?

I don't know about keeping the ISIS captives forever, but not letting them go immediately would be a start.

justthefacts

What an alternate reality you live in. Trump just turned out NATO, outted Turkey, forced the Kurds/Syria to ally themselves & began the withdrawal of US troops from Syria, which moves him toward fulfilling yet another campaign promise.
How many troops were in Northern Syria? How many troops is Dear Leader sending to Saudi, a country about which you once said, " If you truly love Israel you can't support Saudi Arabia and the UAE" and "The Saudis ARE Al Queda, that fact is not in question." Earlier this year you said, "That said, the Saudis have plenty of money & don't need any aid from the US. Sell them arms? Absolutely. Give them taxpayer money. Hell no."

I was also under the impression that Trump had promised to destroy ISIS

Last edited:

bga1

How many troops were in Northern Syria? How many troops is Dear Leader sending to Saudi, a country about which you once said, " If you truly love Israel you can't support Saudi Arabia and the UAE" and "The Saudis ARE Al Queda, that fact is not in question." Earlier this year you said, "That said, the Saudis have plenty of money & don't need any aid from the US. Sell them arms? Absolutely. Give them taxpayer money. Hell no."
The Saudis are paying the expense for the troops we are sending there.

bga1

Erdogan is a tyrant and a monster. Liberals don't like Erdogan. As for NATO, they certainly now have a very tough decision on their hands, but last week, before Trump moved the troops, the situation was much better.

We don't need to go to war with Turkey. Were we at war with Turkey last week before we decided to move our troops?

I don't know about keeping the ISIS captives forever, but not letting them go immediately would be a start.
ISIS us a JV force- per Zero.

saintpaulguy

I make no bones about my dislike for the President, but even though this sloppy and weird, he’s doing the right thing. We can not afford in lives and treasure to stay forever. CRG is mostly correct on this.

People will die, and if that upsets you, bring yourself or a loved one to the enlistment office to help the cause. My biggest disappointment with Obama was his turnaround on getting our troops out of harms way. If Trump has a genuine feeling, it seems to be angst for fallen military members.

theczar

Syria was supposed to be a 30 day deployment, 10 yrs ago. Syria does not have nuclear weapons nor are they a threat to the United States. This is purely meddling in someone else's business and sacrificing someone "else's" kids.

saintpaulguy

Saudi Arabia has been renting the US military since the 1970s. We arm, train, and in recent years protect them with boots on the ground. We keep them at a sort of peace with Israel and kept them out of the Soviet sphere. In exchange, they keep the world price of oil low.

bottlebass

Main Member
Syria was supposed to be a 30 day deployment, 10 yrs ago. Syria does not have nuclear weapons nor are they a threat to the United States. This is purely meddling in someone else's business and sacrificing someone "else's" kids.
Holy balls, I never thought I'd say this but theczar... is... correct..

justthefacts

Holy balls, I never thought I'd say this but theczar... is... correct..
The problem with this analysis is three-fold:

A) The last time Americans were killed in Northern Syria was January. Troops have been killed in other countries since then.
B) When ISIS reforms, it won't just be Syria's problem.
C) It still doesn't explain increasing the total number of troops in the ME by putting a bunch in Saudi.

bottlebass

Main Member

A) The last time Americans were killed in Northern Syria was January. Troops have been killed in other countries since then.
C) It still doesn't explain increasing the total number of troops in the ME by putting a bunch in Saudi.
A) No American troops should be getting killed anywhere right now.
B) ISIS isn't just a US problem.
C) If you would pay attention you would know I already said I was against sending more troops to SA and I've always 100% been against their war in yemen and our support of it.

You are in way over your head when it comes to the ME.

justthefacts

A) No American troops should be getting killed anywhere right now.
B) ISIS isn't just a US problem.
C) If you would pay attention you would know I already said I was against sending more troops to SA and I've always 100% been against their war in yemen and our support of it.

You are in way over your head when it comes to the ME.

The point is that foreign policy right now is not based on any sensible goals. It would be one thing if Trump was uniformly non-interventionist but he's not. He's only consistent about two things:

1) Doing the opposite of anything Obama did
2) Complying with what dictators he likes want him to do

bottlebass

Main Member
The point is that foreign policy right now is not based on any sensible goals. It would be one thing if Trump was uniformly non-interventionist but he's not. He's only consistent about two things:

In syria troops were in active harms way. In SA they are not. Not that I'm agreeing with sending troops to SA. But there is a difference. It just doesn't help your narrative.

bga1

Trump aside...what do you propose? Don't retweet someone else. Did you want our small force that was moved to be fighting on behalf of the Kurds in Syria against Turkey? What would you do?

justthefacts

Trump aside...what do you propose? Don't retweet someone else. Did you want our small force that was moved to be fighting on behalf of the Kurds in Syria against Turkey? What would you do?
a) As I already posted in this thread, "We don't need to go to war with Turkey. Were we at war with Turkey last week before we decided to move our troops?" The very limited force we had in Northern Syria was preventing Turkey from taking this action. Turkey was not going to invade while they were still there.

b) Trump knew this. KNEW IT. And so he knew that as soon as they were moved, Turkey would invade. He should have brought the issue up with NATO and had multi-lateral talks so that NATO could make clear that it would be unacceptable.

c) We could have also moved the prisoners, especially the actual fighters. I'm sure this wouldn't have been easy, but the issue was not urgent. As I mentioned, no Americans had been killed there since January. The force was small, it can't have been costing much in relative terms to keep them there. No one has ever offered any an attempt at a rationalization on the timing of this other than, "Trump talked to Erdogan last week." As I said, Trump loves dictators who oppress journalists, so he ignores his advisors and does what the tyrants want without any planning.

justthefacts

In classic Trump fashion, he can't make a justifiable case for his actions, so he lashes out and lies about others.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

howeda7

Exactly. This wasn't a major reduction in troops, or a reduction at all and the negative impact is huge. Reducing our troops overseas is good. That doesn't mean every single instance is good no matter how or why it was done. Certainly not when done completely out of the blue on a wim at the request of a madman.

justthefacts

Exactly. This wasn't a major reduction in troops, or a reduction at all and the negative impact is huge. Reducing our troops overseas is good. That doesn't mean every single instance is good no matter how or why it was done. Certainly not when done completely out of the blue on a wim at the request of a madman.
TRUMPKINS: Trump is the best ever because he greatly increased military spending! Our military was falling apart!
TRUMPKINS: All troops should be stationed in the United States at all times. Except the ones in Saudi Arabia.

howeda7

No one is saying that.
Between Syria and SA, the net is that we have more troops deployed today than a week ago and we've made a huge mess that got a lot of people killed. The Trumpkins are cheering all of it on. Explain to me why it's been a good week.

bottlebass

Main Member
Between Syria and SA, the net is that we have more troops deployed today than a week ago and we've made a huge mess that got a lot of people killed. The Trumpkins are cheering all of it on. Explain to me why it's been a good week.
Less troops are in direct harms way = good.

Top Bottom