US to pull out of Syria + Turkey to invade Syria?

bga1

Your response is what I expected. Perhaps if you read what I wrote, you would have a deeper response. But, I suspect you don't really want to explore the nuance of Islam when your naive opinion solves your prejudice just fine.

oof
Actually- I misread one word "not". Sorry, my bad. Islam is intent on expansion - just as I now see you said. The problem with Islam is that it is set on doing so by force and infiltration. Christian aims to expand but not by force. Major, major difference.

justthefacts

Kind of seems like Trump realizes we have been arming some bad groups over there the last few years and he's letting Turkey clean up the mess.

Speaking of these bad groups they have been killing innocent Turks for years but none of you have been posting pictures of the injured or dead Turkish children/citizens.

This area has been at war since the beginning of time. We have the greatest military in the history of the world (maybe) and we can't even come close to policing this area. Get our troops out of harms way.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cruze

Kind of seems like Trump realizes we have been arming some bad groups over there the last few years and he's letting Turkey clean up the mess.

Speaking of these bad groups they have been killing innocent Turks for years but none of you have been posting pictures of the injured or dead Turkish children/citizens.

I would be careful about who you are labeling a "bad group". Many people consider the Kurds to be freedom fighters. They are not choir boys (and girls) but the Turks have massacred more innocent victims than any country other than Russia, China, and Germany.

List of Turkish Genocides and Other Atrocities

World War I (1914–1918)

Greek genocide[17][18][19][20] 1913–1922 Ottoman Empire 500,000–900,000

Assyrian genocide[23] 1914–1918 Ottoman Empire 270,000–750,000

Armenian Genocide 1915–1918 Ottoman Empire 850,000–1,800,000

Massacres in the Çoruh River valley 1916[28] Çoruh River valley 45,000

Massacres in Erzincan and Erzurum 1918[29] Erzincan and Erzerum 10,000

Post-World War I (1919–1923)

Zilan massacre July 1930 Van Province 4,500–15,000

Suppression of the Dersim rebellion Summer 1937-Spring 1938 Tunceli Province 7,594–13,806

Istanbul pogrom 6–7 September 1955 Istanbul 13–30

Pınarcık massacre June 20, 1987 Pınarcık in Mardin Province 30

Kuşkonar massacre March 23, 1994 Kuskonar, Sirnak 38

Roboski airstrike December 28, 2011 Uludere, Sirnak 34

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Turkey

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
I would be careful about who you are labeling a "bad group". Many people consider the Kurds to be freedom fighters. They are not choir boys (and girls) but the Turks have massacred more innocent victims than any country other than Russia, China, and Germany.

List of Turkish Genocide and Atrocities

World War I (1914–1918)

Greek genocide[17][18][19][20] 1913–1922 Ottoman Empire 500,000–900,000

Assyrian genocide[23] 1914–1918 Ottoman Empire 270,000–750,000

Armenian Genocide 1915–1918 Ottoman Empire 850,000–1,800,000

Massacres in the Çoruh River valley 1916[28] Çoruh River valley 45,000

Massacres in Erzincan and Erzurum 1918[29] Erzincan and Erzerum 10,000

Post-World War I (1919–1923)

Zilan massacre July 1930 Van Province 4,500–15,000

Suppression of the Dersim rebellion Summer 1937-Spring 1938 Tunceli Province 7,594–13,806

Istanbul pogrom 6–7 September 1955 Istanbul 13–30

Pınarcık massacre June 20, 1987 Pınarcık in Mardin Province 30

Kuşkonar massacre March 23, 1994 Kuskonar, Sirnak 38

Roboski airstrike December 28, 2011 Uludere, Sirnak 34

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Turkey

Are all Kurd groups the same?

Dean S

The war in the Middle East is expanding, not contracting in Trump's ending the endless wars (US involvement). We now have genocide occuring, plain and simple. Kurds and others are going to be massacred unless a foreign power steps in to stop the Turks. Russia and Iran are suggesting they are going to do this. Our friends are being killed and the President thinks this will lead to peace. It is an outrageous stand. Peace through death is not admirable.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
TFW you know Dear Leader screwed up but your cult doesn't allow you to admit it
You have no idea what's going on. As usual you parrot what others tell you to think. You literally have no idea what Trump is doing with this move. You just think you do. Go ahead and bark at the moon. Let it all out. It doesn't matter.

justthefacts

You have no idea what's going on. As usual you parrot what others tell you to think. You literally have no idea what Trump is doing with this move. You just think you do. Go ahead and bark at the moon. Let it all out. It doesn't matter.
Why don't you go ahead and explain the genius of letting a bunch of ISIS fighters get away?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Why don't you go ahead and explain the genius of letting a bunch of ISIS fighters get away?
Let me get this straight? Your idol Mr. Hope & Change, armed, funded, supplied air support for ISIS & changed military policy so they wouldn't rounded up, and it's Trump you blame? Too rich.

Trump captures all these ISIS fighters & holds them for the EU countries for 3 years, they refuse to take them back & Trump's the bad guy? What are we supposed to do with them? Babysit them in N Syria forever? Keep them in secret prisons somewhere indefinately? The US should pull out of there, let Syria, the SDF, Turkey, Russia & NATO sort it out.

Remember how outraged you people were about what a meanie Trump was to our most closest, bestest allies NATO? Why aren't you condemning them? This is their baby.

Where is your outrage towards Turkey? Oh that's right, Turkey gets a pass because they were Obama's bestie & they hate Saudi Arabia.

jamiche

Trump has no idea what he’s doing with this move, craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom