Trumps Taxes

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s fake. I’m not able to read the article though I’ve heard from various sources some of what’s in it. It does appear that it is a hit piece in that they had no interest in hearing what the Trump attorney had to say about it, the NYT wasn’t willing to share information with the public, they cherry picked only the worst information and didn’t focus on all of the information in context, and maybe didn’t/don’t understand the nature of the real estate business according to a WSJ reporter.
You could DVR Fox News for 20 minutes and read it....

John Galt

Reaction score
If the question is "How do we solve the "debt crisis", my first step would be to call in economic experts to help ascertain that there is, indeed, a crisis. I'd want to know the specifics: the scope and the depth of the problem. What are our options.

As a person who is not an
Straight answer. Thank you.
Now will you give me a clear answer?

Post 339

stocker08

Reaction score
He also has himself listed as an economic consultant on his profile page - so it must be true because he said so - where I have I heard that before?????

By his insane & immense post count - that counseling business looks like he's its been hibernating for many moons.

I bet his wife makes the money and he sits in his boxers all day long on here trying to improve his self-esteem and worth.
Deuce lives in his parents basement. Nobody that stupid can support themselves.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you ever need to know what was just on Fox, KGF was watching live and can tell you.
Actually, I don’t watch much live unless I’m multi-tasking, posting and watching or something else. I record shows and skip through for interviews and commentary of interest.

stocker08

Reaction score
This really doesn’t fit the definition of snowflake. The term usually refers to leftists, often on college universities. If these progs simply put conservative speakers visiting on campus “on ignore” that would be fantastic and quite mature. However, they don’t do that, rather they have hissy fits, shout down views they don’t like and create safe spaces with coloring books to recover in.
Wah. I can't watch movies or the TV because hollywood is all LEFTIES! Mainstream media is so mean to my best friend...Prez Trump!

Righties are all victims and snowflakes to boot. Don't stray away from your echo chamber, snowman. You might melt. LOOK OUT!!! Local news weather report!

cjbfbp

Reaction score
They weren't allowed because Rosenstein figured out early in the process that the Mueller team was simply on a fishing expedition.
I was never a great fisherman but I know that you can't catch fish if you are prevented from going on a fishing trip.

Section2

Reaction score
If the question is "How do we solve the "debt crisis"?, my first step would be to call in economic experts to help ascertain that there is, indeed, a crisis. I'd want to know the specifics: the scope and the depth of the problem. I'd want some historical comparisons. I'd like to see how the problem has been approached in other countries, and which methods have been effective, and which have not. I'd want to see options.

As a person who is not an economist, my impression is that we would probably reduce spending in certain areas, and change some policies in order to increase revenue. To me, there seems to be some low-hanging fruit at both ends.

Something tells me that you and I would disagree strongly on just how to accomplish those two things. Me, I'd say the military budget could be trimmed — carefully and prudently, and tax policies could be changed to tighten loopholes and increase tax rates for extremely wealthy people. But, as I said, I'm not an expert, so I'd call on — and lean on the advice of — people who are.

Now: your turn. Please answer my straightforward question regarding Trump's business practices. Do you see them as honorable?
Ok, well, I’ll excuse you for being uninformed on the issue. It’s a lot bigger than a deficit and high debt load. The Fed has taken incredibly reckless and destructive actions that have boxed us in. Trimming, prudence, slight tax changes won’t come close to solving the problem. Only one country to my knowledge has taken the correct approach ever and that is Sweden in the 90s, which allowed insolvent banks to fail, cut spending, and got on the short road to recovery.
No, Trumps business practices are not honorable. I would never lend him a dime or work with him in any way. It’s all marketing and image. He would have faded away if a certain CNN chief hadn’t given him a tv show 15 years ago. Whoops. That said, the right has been desperate for 30 years for anyone with the balls to stand up to the lefts culture war and the destructive media complex. I’d much rather someone who understood economics and was a good person did that, but I’m glad Trump is since no one else would. He has inflamed and outed those groups and there’s no going back. No idea if the result will be good or bad, probably bad. But the path we’ve been on is unsustainable even in the medium term. Happy talk is not helpful.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yeah, they actually report news. I turned it over to CNN and their Legal Analyst was ripping Trump and Trump supporters about the taxes story, suggesting illegality, even though the NYT said there’s nothing illegal and how his supporters are basically too dumb to believe it, even though it’s not alleged. That’s a news analyst ripping voters. You won’t see that ignorance from FNC legal analysts.
Why do you guys keep saying this? I've shown at least two instances of possible illegality in previous posts and there's a 3rd below. Just because Charlie Kirk or someone tells you the story doesn't allege that he broke the law doesn't make it true.

I searched for the word "illegal" in the story and this is the only hit:

Here are all the instances of the word "legal" other than the one above:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Now will you give me a clear answer?

Post 339
I did. But I'll try again...

— Cut military spending

— Increase taxes on the very rich

Also, I'd shore up Social Security by eliminating the exemption for higher incomes.

diehard

Reaction score

— Cut military spending

Also, I'd shore up Social Security by eliminating the exemption for higher incomes.
I thought that even you were smarter than to come up with something that actually hurts instead of solves. You may not be that sharp , but others are worse.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I'm getting the vibe from that guy that slavery is morally ambiguous but economically awesome.
You guys are falling into S2's trap. He wants to argue about James K. Polk's approach to video game ratings because he doesn't want to talk about Trump's taxes.

bga1

Reaction score

— Cut military spending

What happened when Trump cut taxes? Black people hit their highest employment and wage level ever.
Yeah, that happened.
The left wants to punish investment. Trump wants to inspire it.

bga1

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep saying this? I've shown at least two instances of possible illegality in previous posts and there's a 3rd below. Just because Charlie Kirk or someone tells you the story doesn't allege that he broke the law doesn't make it true.

LOL! Where is all the Russian stuff that was promised??

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Ok, well, I’ll excuse you for being uninformed on the issue. It’s a lot bigger than a deficit and high debt load. The Fed has taken incredibly reckless and destructive actions that have boxed us in. Trimming, prudence, slight tax changes won’t come close to solving the problem. Only one country to my knowledge has taken the correct approach ever and that is Sweden in the 90s, which allowed insolvent banks to fail, cut spending, and got on the short road to recovery.
No, Trumps business practices are not honorable. I would never lend him a dime or work with him in any way. It’s all marketing and image. He would have faded away if a certain CNN chief hadn’t given him a tv show 15 years ago. Whoops. That said, the right has been desperate for 30 years for anyone with the balls to stand up to the lefts culture war and the destructive media complex. I’d much rather someone who understood economics and was a good person did that, but I’m glad Trump is since no one else would. He has inflamed and outed those groups and there’s no going back. No idea if the result will be good or bad, probably bad. But the path we’ve been on is unsustainable even in the medium term. Happy talk is not helpful.
This is an excellent post.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
What happened when Trump cut taxes? Black people hit their highest employment and wage level ever.
Yeah, that happened.
The left wants to punish investment. Trump wants to inspire it.
Ur absolutely right. All those billionaire blacks no longer had to worry about estate taxes and capital gains. The world got brighter!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

B/c it doesn’t say or confirm that he did anything illegal?

justthefacts

Reaction score
B/c it doesn’t say or confirm that he did anything illegal?
You said, " NYT said there’s nothing illegal " This is exactly what S2 did. He said the NYT said there was nothing illegal, and then when I pointed out the article DIDN'T say that, he shifted to, "well, that doesn't confirm there's anything illegal."

Again, you don't have to read the article, but then don't make claims about what's not in the article.

USAF

Reaction score
Next time I see this type of ridiculous deflection I promise I'm going to reply to 50 posts about Biden with "LOL! Where is all the Ukraine stuff that was promised??"
Life is too short to try to speak as an adult to low intelligence shills like beeg, but this was funny.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You said, " NYT said there’s nothing illegal " This is exactly what S2 did. He said the NYT said there was nothing illegal, and then when I pointed out the article DIDN'T say that, he shifted to, "well, that doesn't confirm there's anything illegal."

Again, you don't have to read the article, but then don't make claims about what's not in the article.
I’ve heard media analysts say, after reading the article, that there is no claim of illegality. You‘re free to post any claims or proof otherwise. Your last post made one vague accusation. About as good as a howie claim.

Top Bottom