Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power - per his presser yesterday.

Will You Accept The Results of the Election (ensuring a peaceful transition of power)?

• Yes - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I guess I'll put this is this thread. We've been hearing this since the GW Bush presidency, that things would work a whole lot better if we had an elite ruling class...and of course a right-wing one. Republicans are continuing to try and set up a post-democracy, one-party, minority-rule system.

Wally

Reaction score
I guess I'll put this is this thread. We've been hearing this since the GW Bush presidency, that things would work a whole lot better if we had an elite ruling class...and of course a right-wing one. Republicans are continuing to try and set up a post-democracy, one-party, minority-rule system.
In other words.....If only we could keep the women, blacks and mexicans from voting....

jovs

Reaction score
This election will be a disaster. With all the states having various time lines for how mail in ballots are counted. When the ballots need to be lost marked. States are different in how mail in ballots are allowed to be changed once their is an issue found. More people than ever are requesting mail in ballots. Plus the mail may or may not be slowing down. Add in the fact that everyone will be doing Christmas shopping online and stores are starting ads in October the increase in may flow could be astronomical. There is a fighting chance this election will make Gore vs. Bush look like a smooth election. It could be February and the winner still may not be known.
If that's the case it will probably be Pelosi that is sworn in as president on the 20th of January, makes for interesting scenarios.

justthefacts

Reaction score
No doubt about it. Don't be surprised to see lawsuits filed for emergency injunctions on November 4th asking for ballot counting to immediately halt in every state. They're already drafting them to have them ready to go.
👏

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The concern was that such injunctions would be honored for whatever reasons. Thank goodness we're past that part of it. The vote counting will be completed.
I hear the PA legislature is going to appoint 20 Trump electors regardless of who wins the race.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I hear the PA legislature is going to appoint 20 Trump electors regardless of who wins the race.
Can they only do this if the election isn't certified? I'm sure we'll know more about how the specific process function this week, however, with such a bright light being shone on the eection, the cookaroaches tend to scatter - they can only thrive in the darkness, thank God.

USAF

Reaction score
And no Republican will speak out against this. Disgusting.
FWIW, Pompeo will be viewed by history as the worst SecState in history so this isn't exactly news.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Of course, any of the Rs who do not condemn this behavior are reprehensive .

I think that some of them are grandstanding, like Pompeo, because they want to run in 2024.
I also think some like Moscow Mitch want to keep their base ginned up for the GA recount Senate election.

History will likely judge them as co-conspirators in harming our beautiful democracy; faux patriots, just like many on this board.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Beyond just demolishing public trust in elections, Trump's bluster is now having real-world impacts

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
Trump is a hilarious goofball. No better way to display his insanity to his followers. Keep it up

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
My guess/hope is this is all part of his next con to keep his lemmings hootin and hollerin till he leaves and joins with OAN of some other propaganda platform to continue in the spotlight - he literally cannot function without it at this point IMO - it's his oxygen.

He is what he is - a grifter looking for his next buck

I also hope that based on the State Legislatures in PA, WI, MI, AZ saying emphatically they won't allow their electors to change to him - that some hardcore Rs like Langford (OK) will do what he said and insist that that the daily intel briefings include #46 and that will get the GSA moving as well.

Fingers, toes and pets crossed.

PS - Navarro make my skin crawl.

Top Bottom