Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power - per his presser yesterday.

Will You Accept The Results of the Election (ensuring a peaceful transition of power)?

• Yes - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

beatles

Reaction score
My uncle is mentally handicapped - how sick and sad in this day and age to say something like that - man you must be a disappointment to you parents.
He’s a typical Trump supporter. Deplorable.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Walz is using powers that are granted to the Governor by the State Constitution - powers that have been upheld in court.

and to the bigger picture for Galt - every instance you cite is due to the virus. School districts are choosing learning models based on the case counts in their local county. likewise with activities and sports. if case counts get too high, schools are forced into distance learning and can't play sports.

Walz is not spreading the virus or causing case counts to rise. the growth in cases is tied directly to people congregating without face coverings or social distancing. college students - or that age group - are the #1 factor driving the rise in case counts.

In Martin County MN, there was a funeral service followed by a reception with no masks or social distancing. Which lead to a breakout. Which led to the local school going to distance learning. and now the local football coach is doing videos on social media pleading with people to wear masks and avoid these gatherings.
School districts aren’t “choosing”.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Joe Biden calling a "media lid" at 9:30 got as much coverage as Trump declaring he won't abide by the election outcome. #bothsides.
It had more to do with how many timeS Joe has done that, but hey, don’t let facts get in your way. Debate-prep, am I right?

Wally

Reaction score
umm, if that were true then these same things would be happening in every state. They are not. What’s the difference?
If you think that, why do we even have states? I guess everything should be decided by washington. Right?

cjbfbp

Reaction score
umm, if that were true then these same things would be happening in every state. They are not. What’s the difference?
What Republican states with any significant population are you going to hold up to us as models? In case you haven't noticed, we're pretty low in the ranking of cases per 1 million population (#34). Maybe you'd like us to be more like Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi, ranked 1 through 4 in cases per 1 million.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
Boy your game is weak Death Is Coming -

From Fox News - notice the bolded part you "Man of Letters" Crap, Dumbo Donald doesn't even have a 70% approval rating form the Rs. Shit just got serious boy. Try to hit off tee, i'm throwing nasty two seamers and you'll never make contact trust me.

Eighty-seven percent of registered voters in New York state say they approve of the job he’s doing steering the state’s efforts in combating the crisis, according to a Siena College poll released Monday. Even 70 percent of Republicans in New York give Cuomo a thumbs-up on the job he’s doing.
Well, that really got weird.

Spoofin

Reaction score
What Republican states with any significant population are you going to hold up to us as models? In case you haven't noticed, we're pretty low in the ranking of cases per 1 million population (#34). Maybe you'd like us to be more like Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi, ranked 1 through 4 in cases per 1 million.
Galt was asked what things Walz took away. He listed a bunch. SON said Walz didn’t take them away, COVID did. I asked why some other States have some of those things then?

As for your statement - forgetting for a second that you are citing a meaningless stat in case count, let me ask how MN is doing in LTC resident protection? If it was up to me liar Walz would be in jail for killing elderly and allowing the destruction of MPLS - but hey, you see red/blue so let’s tout him. Sick.

Wally

Reaction score
Galt was asked what things Walz took away. He listed a bunch. SON said Walz didn’t take them away, COVID did. I asked why some other States have some of those things then?

As for your statement - forgetting for a second that you are citing a meaningless stat in case count, let me ask how MN is doing in LTC resident protection? If it was up to me liar Walz would be in jail for killing elderly and allowing the destruction of MPLS - but hey, you see red/blue so let’s tout him. Sick.
From a let it rip guy, fucking priceless.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I tried to answer that by showing a statistic (hardly a meaningless one as you characterized) that our state is ranked us far lower in per capita infections than states who haven't imposed similar restrictions. It's not all red-blue. There are three Republican governors (Charlie Baker in Mass, Larry Hogan in MD, and Mike DeWine in Ohio) who have taken this virus very seriously but two of those serve predominately blue populations and DeWine has had a long career in politics and cares more about safety than ingratiating himself with Trump or his followers. I'm sure you've never heard of any of them because you're a dedicated know-nothing and non-reader.

You're useless and I'm done with you.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I tried to answer that by showing a statistic (hardly a meaningless one as you characterized) that our state is ranked us far lower in per capita infections than states who haven't imposed similar restrictions. It's not all red-blue. There are three Republican governors (Charlie Baker in Mass, Larry Hogan in MD, and Mike DeWine in Ohio) who have taken this virus very seriously but two of those serve predominately blue populations and DeWine has had a long career in politics and cares more about safety than ingratiating himself with Trump or his followers. I'm sure you've never heard of any of them because you're a dedicated know-nothing and non-reader.

You're useless and I'm done with you.
You are missing the point completely. I’m not arguing that MN is doing better or worse than anyone - I’m showing that Walz is implementing those restrictions - not COVID. Try and follow along. Thanks.

BTW - case count is a useless statistic.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You are missing the point completely. I’m not arguing that MN is doing better or worse than anyone - I’m showing that Walz is implementing those restrictions - not COVID. Try and follow along. Thanks.

It's not case count. It's case count per 1 million of population so it is normalized for different levels of population. If you think I'm clueless enough to use raw case totals to make a point, then you don't understand my training.

Yes, Walz has implemented those restrictions (not strongly enough in my opinion) and that has left us in a better position than most states.

GopherJake

Reaction score
You are missing the point completely. I’m not arguing that MN is doing better or worse than anyone - I’m showing that Walz is implementing those restrictions - not COVID.
Let's take them one-by-one. Trip to Hawaii. Which restriction did Walz put in place forcing JG to cancel his trip to Hawaii?

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's not case count. It's case count per 1 million of population so it is normalized for different levels of population. If you think I'm clueless enough to use raw case totals to make a point, then you don't understand my training.

Yes, Walz has implemented those restrictions (not strongly enough in my opinion) and that has left us in a better position than most states.
The bolded was my point to SON when you jumped in - so you could have just said “you are right Spoofin” and saved us time.

Case count, even normalized, is a meaningless measurement. Your training has failed you.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score

So if there was no covid, would Walz still be taking the same actions?

Certainly, MN has taken a different approach than other states - but that is based on the advice of the State Dept of Health and other health experts. Just like the Big Ten's medical experts gave them different advice than the SEC's experts.

Hey, I'm not thrilled with everything, but I understand it. I blame the virus, not the Governor.

FWIW - the MSHSL is allowing FB and VB to return. I cover sports for a local radio station. But under the MSHSL health and safety guidelines, I don't know if I'll be allowed to broadcast the games, because I am considered "non-school personnel." I don't blame the Governor for that, either. Because he had nothing to do with it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Let's take them one-by-one. Trip to Hawaii. Which restriction did Walz put in place forcing JG to cancel his trip to Hawaii?
Well, that one wasn’t Walz. Not COVID either tho. He can blame the GOV of Hawaii and their stupid 14-day policy for that.

Your turn - his kids doing distance learning?

Spoofin

Reaction score
So if there was no covid, would Walz still be taking the same actions?

Certainly, MN has taken a different approach than other states - but that is based on the advice of the State Dept of Health and other health experts. Just like the Big Ten's medical experts gave them different advice than the SEC's experts.

Hey, I'm not thrilled with everything, but I understand it. I blame the virus, not the Governor.

FWIW - the MSHSL is allowing FB and VB to return. I cover sports for a local radio station. But under the MSHSL health and safety guidelines, I don't know if I'll be allowed to broadcast the games, because I am considered "non-school personnel." I don't blame the Governor for that, either. Because he had nothing to do with it.
Plain and Simple - Walz set the criteria the schools are forced to follow and so I blame him. He didn’t need to take the approach he did. I don’t agree with it - but that isn’t my point here.

Even better, in typical Walz fashion he presented it as “guidance” and said the final choice is up to the school districts, but there was fine print. Up to them as long as they follow the guidance or are more restrictive. Needing to file for approval from the state and facing the wrath of the COVID crowd in the process if they want to be less restrictive. In other words, not up to them.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You are missing the point completely. I’m not arguing that MN is doing better or worse than anyone - I’m showing that Walz is implementing those restrictions - not COVID.
That's your point? Of course the governor is implementing restrictions. A virus can't implement anything. This is what you've taken great satisfaction in stating? What a putz! You should try operating at a bit higher level.

The question I was addressing is whether or not those restrictions are merited and I believe they are when you consider the national evidence. I guess you were so busy congratulating yourself for stating the obvious that you missed that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
That's your point? Of course the governor is implementing restrictions. A virus can't implement anything. This is what you've taken great satisfaction in stating? What a putz!

The question I was addressing is whether or not those restrictions are merited and I believe they are when you consider the national evidence. I guess you were so busy congratulating yourself for stating the obvious that you missed that.
Hey Ding Dong. I responded to a post that said “Walz didn’t do those things, COVID did.” If you can’t follow along, then don’t comment on posts.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Hey Ding Dong. I responded to a post that said “Walz didn’t do those things, COVID did.” If you can’t follow along, then don’t comment on posts.
SON meant the virus dictated the governor's actions. Apparently you were dedicated to arguing trivial word choices. Don't you have kids and a family? Why don't you spend some time with them instead of wasting so much time on this board? You don't contribute anything valuable. I'm at least an empty-nester. What's your excuse?

Spoofin

Reaction score
SON meant the virus dictated the governor's actions. Apparently you were dedicated to arguing trivial word choices. Don't you have kids and a family? Why don't you spend some time with them instead of wasting so much time on this board? You don't contribute anything valuable. I'm at least an empty-nester. What's your excuse?
And again, COVID didn’t dictate his response - he chose his response. If COVID dictated it then every Governor would have done the same. They all had choices - including Walz. You like his choice. Super. Galt doesn’t. Super. Either way - it was his choice.

stocker08

Reaction score
His excuse is TDS. The righties on the board all have really bad Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Top Bottom