Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power - per his presser yesterday.

Will You Accept The Results of the Election (ensuring a peaceful transition of power)?

• Yes - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No - unequivocally - realizing that all the ballots may not be counted until after the election.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

OldBob53

Reaction score
Trump has the hyper masculine Giuliani and millions of lock-stepping, well armed supporters at his side. By the way, who does the Secret Service report to? Are they under Homeland Security or possibly DOJ?

If ordered to continue protecting Trump in the Whitehouse post inauguration, will they obey?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Trump has the hyper masculine Giuliani and millions of lock-stepping, well armed supporters at his side. By the way, who does the Secret Service report to? Are they under Homeland Security or possibly DOJ?

If ordered to continue protecting Trump in the Whitehouse post inauguration, will they obey?
Good question.

I don't think that they're be a significant number willing to go that far - it's always more fun to play army than join one. My guess is that most of them are toy soldiers, however in my experience there is usually a certain % of nutballs in any group (the Rittenhouse types) who will use it as an excuse to be violent. So yet another thing we have to worry about and that may possibly endanger the lives of our first responders - beyond childish and selfish. Cue some jackass who will likely rebut my post with the Thomas Jefferson quote about rising up against tyranny with a revolt; If those types want to risk their freedom, family and possibly lives to do so then you they better put on their big boy pants as actions have consequences. I do have confidence in our law enforcement professionals whose fidelity is to the law, vs. a bunch of wanna be militia types who like to drink a few brews and shoot their long guns in the woods on the weekends.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trumps ego is hurt, the only actions he will take now are to hurt Biden and hurt the country to make ot pay for not reelecting him, watch and see.

Hope I am wrong but its not looking good.
The only chance otherwise is if his advisors convince him to run in 2024 and behaving like a rational adult now will help him.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I'm guessing Trump and his people are calling around the country and pressuring state and local Republicans to get in line with the message. It's going to take broad-based support to be able to pull this off.

Top Bottom