Trump Will Try to Cancel November Election

cncmin

Reaction score
It is directly proportional. If you are an asshat multiple times per day, it shouldn’t be surprising that the media- or anyone else for that matter- points out with each instance your asshattedness. I’m talking about Don here, not you, S2.

Whining about the media response to an asshat is weak.
x one bazillion.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Grassley is like 84. He has has the real experience we need!
He has the learned patience of a (great-)grandfather.

Who can forget when he would lightly bang the gavel and say "...order .... order" as people talked over him during his committee hearings on Kavanaugh.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
If, upon losing in November, January comes and he needs to be dragged from the White House by an angry patriot mob of his peers, he won't survive to stand trial for his many crimes. He'll get strung up from the nearest tree.
Bad leading the "angry patriot mob".

Section2

Reaction score
x one bazillion.
The media's goal, seems to be getting dunks on Trump. Not just MSNBC, all of the MSM.

"Trump deserves it because he says dumb stuff and is a jerk".

Report on him fairly, you can still make him out to be a jerk. Have a little faith in your readers.

But crap like this;

Complete lie. They desperately want to get a dunk on Trump. This happens all the time, every single day.

cncmin

Reaction score
The media's goal, seems to be getting dunks on Trump. Not just MSNBC, all of the MSM.

"Trump deserves it because he says dumb stuff and is a jerk".

Report on him fairly, you can still make him out to be a jerk. Have a little faith in your readers.

But crap like this;

Complete lie. They desperately want to get a dunk on Trump. This happens all the time, every single day.
I'm not going to deny that it seems the media goes out of their way to pick apart Dear Leader, but you're still whining about the media picking apart a total asshat, who also happens to be the world's most powerful person. If they were doing this to a better person who wasn't anywhere near as powerful and wasn't anywhere near such an asshat, your whining might be justified.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm not going to deny that it seems the media goes out of their way to pick apart Dear Leader, but you're still whining about the media picking apart a total asshat, who also happens to be the world's most powerful person. If they were doing this to a better person who wasn't anywhere near as powerful and wasn't anywhere near such an asshat, your whining might be justified.
What is the goal of the media? Seems pretty obvious to me. That’s my complaint.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
For some reason, I don't see CRG as much of a front-lines kinda guy. He seems more like the strategist back in the command tent.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Not as much of a cut-and-dried situation as I thought. This is a must read, if only as a presidential election law history lesson.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This is the core issue with out constitution as written, as they highlight:

"
The danger begins with the fact that, regardless of what people believe, the Constitution does not give Americans the right to vote for their president. Rather, the Constitution says that a college of electors votes for the president, and Article II of the Constitution gives states nearly unlimited power to decide how these electors are chosen. In the early years of the American republic, many state legislatures decided which presidential candidate the state’s electors would support. South Carolina used this method until 1868. Today, all 50 states grant their residents the right to vote for president, and the people’s vote determines which electors from each state will select the next president. However, any state could change its law and instead allow its legislature to decide which electors will choose the next president.

In other words, states have a lot of power in deciding how the election will run. Today, Republicans control 30 state legislatures and Democrats only 19, with one state divided. (Nebraska technically has nonpartisan legislators, but it is a reliably red state, so I include it with the Republican states.) These red-state legislatures control 305 electoral votes, and only 270 are needed to secure the presidency. Presumably, most red states, if not all, would appoint electors who would elect Trump for another four years. Of those 30 states, 22 also have Republican governors, which means in those states there would be no Democratic governor to veto Republican legislation taking away the people’s opportunity to vote for president. Those 22 states represent 219 electoral-college votes—perilously close to the 270 required for Trump to be reelected.

"

This method was clearly an error on the part of the founders.

Another error that many states make is the awarding of electors in a winner-take-all fashion with respect to the statewide vote.

Rickman55

Reaction score
Trump voted by mail a few weeks ago. LMAO!
He’s a hypocrite, liar, crook and narcissist among other things.
Did you expect anything less from him? Just like he didn’t see the memo circulated January 29th about how bad the pandemic could get, until a few days ago. He deserves everything the media is throwing at him. Anyone who votes to re-elect this guy needs to have their head examined and their heart.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The only reason for mail in voting is because the D's know they can't win and want to cheat. More obvious still, is that the D's also tried to write into the stimulus, ballot harvesting by "community groups" & they tried to add no auditing of contested elections. It's quite obviously another attempt to cheat by the D's. Not going to happen.

Instead, Trump will institute Voter ID, an activist Dem judge will issue an nation wide injunction, it will then go to the Supreme Court & the SC will side with the Trump Admin.

With Voter ID in place, the voting will go on as normal. It's just common sense that If people can social distance at the supermarket to buy chips, they can social distance at the polling places. I'm all in favor of insisting on 6' social distancing at the polling stations & maybe adding more polling stations, if need be.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The only reason for mail in voting is because the D's know they can't win and want to cheat. More obvious still, is that the D's also tried to write into the stimulus, ballot harvesting by "community groups" & they tried to add no auditing of contested elections. It's quite obviously another attempt to cheat by the D's. Not going to happen.

Instead, Trump will institute Voter ID, an activist Dem judge will issue an nation wide injunction, it will then go to the Supreme Court & the SC will side with the Trump Admin.

With Voter ID in place, the voting will go on as normal. It's just common sense that If people can social distance at the supermarket to buy chips, they can social distance at the polling places. I'm all in favor of insisting on 6' social distancing at the polling stations & maybe adding more polling stations, if need be.
No. No elections. Legislatures can pick the electors. It's cheaper, easier, safer, and legal.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When did voter ID get into the discussion?

Feels as arbitrary as requiring someone to bring two apples and a pear with them in order to vote.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Appreciate the suggestion, but we'll just go ahead and do the normal voting thing in November, but with ID.
That won't happen. Cancelling elections like I described is legal. Yours is, only if democrats allow it. They'd never do it.

Why even bother voting? Just stay home and have a beer. Let the legislature do the work.

justthefacts

Reaction score

I'm about to blow your mind:

As for your comparison to grocery shopping, when's the last time you saw 400 people in line at the grocery store?

I do have to say, though, that nothing screams "Constitutional Conservative" quite like suggesting that the President unilaterally change voting procedures in 50 states.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I'll take that as your admission that the statement "The only reason for mail in voting is because the D's know they can't win and want to cheat" was fabricated from whole cloth, and also that grocery stores and polling places are different
Nahhhh. We all know the reason you want mail in voting instead of a normal election. Like I said, we're just going with the normal election. Thanks anyhow.

Top Bottom