Trump Will Try to Cancel November Election

GopherJake

Reaction score
They are many many times worse. You are not being objective.
It is directly proportional. If you are an asshat multiple times per day, it shouldn’t be surprising that the media- or anyone else for that matter- points out with each instance your asshattedness. I’m talking about Don here, not you, S2.

Whining about the media response to an asshat is weak.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
That was actually sort of halfway to a reasoned, mature response. At least until you started crying about the criticism that trump gets and that this whole mess is really the fault of the people who are mean to trump. (I know that you didn't vote for him, deuce, and you aren't a republican.) He failed badly and continues to fail at his most important assignment, keeping people safe. He compounds the problem every time he opens his mouth. Even when he almost belatedly does something right, he can't help lying and making things worse. No google website in the near future. Tests are still a trickle and every day is precious. No ventilator numbers. No personal responsibility.
It's not the fault of people who are mean to Trump. They are making things worse.

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score
Most are in favor of having better mental health in background checks. Red flag laws are different. I haven’t specifically asked them their viewpoints on that aspect.

howeda7

Reaction score
He actually could have pretty easily secured his re-election with a presidential response. He's proven pretty good at missing golden opportunities laid at his feet.
He was never capable of a Presidential response though. He doesn't have it in him.

Section2

Reaction score
It is directly proportionate. If you are an asshat multiple times per day, it shouldn’t be surprising that the media- or anyone else for that matter- points out with each instance your asshattedness. I’m talking about Don here, not you, S2.

Whining about the media response to an asshat is weak.
it's not whining to state facts. You can argue it's deserved, but you can't argue it's the same as Obama.

jamiche

Reaction score
It would be so interesting to see how Biden would handle these challenging times in which this is just one of them as he has a hard time knowing what day it is, what city he is in, what office he is running for, what record to listen to on his record player, etc. He can say nice things nicely but is that enough to vote for him? I guess we will have a choice of narcissism or at the very least the beginnings of senility which only gets worse.
Yes. The current circumstances offer a very, very low bar.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
If the virus is still going come fall, then by all means let's postpone the election.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
If the virus is still going come fall, then by all means let's postpone the election.
Already covered, if there's no election before January 20, 2021, then Trump is out of office. So is Pence. The President is the Speaker of the House. If there is no speaker because there is no election and a new Congress isn't in place, then the Senate Pro Tem is president.

Either way, not happening. Only Congress can change the election date. One of the parties will never let that happen.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Already covered, if there's no election before January 20, 2021, then Trump is out of office. So is Pence. The President is the Speaker of the House. If there is no speaker because there is no election and a new Congress isn't in place, then the Senate Pro Tem is president.

Either way, not happening. Only Congress can change the election date. One of the parties will never let that happen.
I think he'll just do it anyway. Who could complain after the left wasted 3 years with the Russia scam?

Lady Gopher

Reaction score
But you know none of that matters. Why? Because what actually matters is the expertise, competence, and abilities of the people that the POTUS hires.

Sure, of course, the buck stops with the POTUS, and that is who takes the credit or gets the blame for how things turn out. That's what it is. But actual mechanics of the administration are the people the POTUS hires.

Joe would hire almost all exactly the same, amazing, incredible crew that made Obama's WH administration one of the best in the history of the country. (y)
You really are okay with a senile president?It is an insult to the electorate by the Democratic party.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I heard Barrack Obama is going retroactively cancel trump's win...and become the president once again...as covid 19 is a world wide extinction level threat and Obama is the only one who can save the world
Don't get my hopes up.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight as I don’t care for either major party, but having connections with the police (Minneapolis police seargent and lieutenant) and military (captain and colonel) both parties have told me that the vast majority of each are conservatives. So I think it’s kind of a Dem dream that the police and military are going to protect them over their own interests. Kind of like those gun laws where the police won’t enforce them and have helped create sanctuary cities. Just saying.
They're conservatives, but are they traitors?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I think he'll just do it anyway. Who could complain after the left wasted 3 years with the Russia scam?
If, upon losing in November, January comes and he needs to be dragged from the White House by an angry patriot mob of his peers, he won't survive to stand trial for his many crimes. He'll get strung up from the nearest tree.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Well, thanks for that clarification, but the Senate Pro Tempore is Charles Grassley.....yuck.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight as I don’t care for either major party, but having connections with the police (Minneapolis police seargent and lieutenant) and military (captain and colonel) both parties have told me that the vast majority of each are conservatives.
Well, I believe that absolutely. But, the same thing could be said of most of the officers of the Imperial Russian army at the time of the Russian Revolution. But, their side didn't win anyway. The same thing could also be said of the Kapp Putsch during the early days of the Weimer Republic but the population went on a general strike and their putsch fizzled out very quickly.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Well, thanks for that clarification, but the Senate Pro Tempore is Charles Grassley.....yuck.
That could change in this wild scenario. If there was no election, then the democrats would gain control of the Senate. They could appoint another senator to be Pro Tempore.

Top Bottom