Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I hope that's not true. It will prove the GOP and every GOP voter has been full of sh!t for a decade, like I suspect you are.
How am I full of shit? I supported the Obama bailout (although had issues with TARP). I now support what Trump is doing. Although, I see the situations as different.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Marriott furloughing tens of thousands, I think I just saw.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
How am I full of shit? I supported the Obama bailout (although had issues with TARP). I now support what Trump is doing. Although, I see the situations as different.
Then you aren't. Good for you.

Section2

Reaction score
Sure. As soon as we resolve how the GOP has become the party of stimulus after uniformly bashing the stimulus bill for a decade. I wonder what changed?
Honestly do not recall bashing the idea of a stimulus. Bush himself was pushing for one is my recollection. Now, bashing THIS particular stimulus as full of a bunch of crap and shovel ready jobs that weren't so shovel ready? Sure.
The GOP is full of Keynsians. Both parties operate from the same playbook. both parties are full of hypocrites. Is this some huge revelation you think you've unearthed?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Fiscal stimulus is keynesian economics meant to boost aggregate demand and GDP. Sending people cash is not a macro economic measure, it's relief.
This has nothing to do with Trump. I don't know which he is proposing. If he's proposing stimulus, that's idiotic. If he's proposing sending people cash for a month or two, I think that's great.

we are in a crisis. I know you can't see past your drool thinking about November. But millions of people just got thrown out of work because of government actions. Maybe necessary government actions, but through no fault of their own. It certainly seems reasonable to send them cash.
You are now officially the biggest hypocrite on the board, eclipsing ShillGA.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Honestly do not recall bashing the idea of a stimulus. Bush himself was pushing for one is my recollection. Now, bashing THIS particular stimulus as full of a bunch of crap and shovel ready jobs that weren't so shovel ready? Sure.
The GOP is full of Keynsians. Both parties operate from the same playbook. both parties are full of hypocrites. Is this some huge revelation you think you've unearthed?
I could be wrong, but I think he's referring to the vote in 2009. There's no getting around the implication.

Section2

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think he's referring to the vote in 2009. There's no getting around the implication.
Took a quick peek at Wikipedia. Republicans disagreed on how large the bill should be and what should be included. Can you show me any Republicans who opposed the concept outright? I don't recall any. Dems had a supermajority so opposition was totally symbolic.

Section2

Reaction score
No it’s not. You have completely lost any shred of remaining credibility with your posts in this thread.
Your assertions are extremely compelling. I oppose Keynesian economics. I oppose central planning. I'm not opposed to short term relief to people thrown out of work through no fault of their own. I'd rather we had a much smaller government and people were more self reliant and joined various organizations where people take care of each other, but that's a long term goal.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Your assertions are extremely compelling. I oppose Keynesian economics. I oppose central planning. I'm not opposed to short term relief to people thrown out of work through no fault of their own.
So you support welfare now? You have done nothing but preach against that since your conversion from Obama voter to a-Hole.

Section2

Reaction score
So you support welfare now? You have done nothing but preach against that since your conversion from Obama voter to a-Hole.
The reason I oppose welfare, corporate and individual, is because it distorts market incentives. I don't see how a short term relief measure, when government has outlawed work for millions, is distorting market incentives.
What's the alternative?

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Took a quick peek at Wikipedia. Republicans disagreed on how large the bill should be and what should be included. Can you show me any Republicans who opposed the concept outright? I don't recall any. Dems had a supermajority so opposition was totally symbolic.
The democrats didn't. Franken wasn't seated until the summer. Kennedy wasn't present to vote. Snowe, Collins, and Specter were the three senate republicans who voted for it, bringing the vote to 60 in favor to break the filibuster.

howeda7

Reaction score
And you have such an affinity for Trump, that you will excuse every bad move that he's made.

Tell me.....what was your last few criticisms of your king? I'd like to see posts. My guess is that you couldn't provide them. You've been a shill from the day you logged in.

It'll be fun to see this.
He could give Susan Collins a run for her money. He's been deeply troubled at least twice.

howeda7

Reaction score
The Trumpsters on this board have zero fiscally conservative principles. We already knew this, but this confirmed it. If Dear Leader wants it, they want it. Their first, last and only rule.

GopherJake

Reaction score
The reason I oppose welfare, corporate and individual, is because it distorts market incentives. I don't see how a short term relief measure, when government has outlawed work for millions, is distorting market incentives.
What's the alternative?
Let individuals fend for themselves, which would adhere to your principles. Some people will sink and some people will swim. Also, the government doesn't have the money to do this and that is another one of your bedrock principles.

Anyone reading this, please don't misunderstand, I do not follow S2's supposed rigid principles, but hearing him spew them day-after-day, while contradicting them day-after-day as well, but denying so, is what I am calling out. Again.

howeda7

Reaction score
Let individuals fend for themselves, which would adhere to your principles. Some people will sink and some people will swim. Also, the government doesn't have the money to do this and that is another one of your bedrock principles.

Anyone reading this, please don't misunderstand, I do not follow S2's supposed rigid principles, but hearing him spew them day-after-day, while contradicting them day-after-day as well, but denying so, is what I am calling out. Again.
The only thing the Feds should be sending Americans is a pair of bootstraps. One for every man woman and child. That's all we need.

Section2

Reaction score
I think the TDS sufferers are a little confused about what I support.
trillion dollar stimulus? I oppose.
a month or two or however long the government mandate lasts, cash to individuals? Support. That should be nowhere near a trillion.

voting against a Democrat bill in 2009 that had giant subsidies for all kinds of Democrat pet projects (solyndra, huge subsidies for big Ed, etc) was NOT a vote against a stimulus package of any kind. Rs support the idea of a stimulus. They are politicians. Giving people money is what they love to do. They want to give the money. Not the other party. Some of you seem wholly naive to politics and political parties. Your recent enlightenment is not a good occasion to attempt dunks.

Section2

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the last time Howie made a meaningful post with actual information? I can't.
99 % sarcasm, anger, fellas, bad faith, partisan Hackery since at least 2016. The most worthless, least influential poster on the board. Occasionally he makes a thoughtful post, but almost all are emotional rants.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
99 % sarcasm, anger, fellas, bad faith, partisan Hackery since at least 2016. The most worthless, least influential poster on the board. Occasionally he makes a thoughtful post, but almost all are emotional rants.
CIVILITY!!

howeda7

Reaction score
Sounds like they are capping the checks at incomes of $100K. Discrimination!

GopherJake

Reaction score
trillion dollar stimulus? I oppose.
a month or two or however long the government mandate lasts, cash to individuals? Support. That should be nowhere near a trillion.
Couple questions for you Fred:

1. Why is it ok to deficit spend for this, even though you are strident about your opposition?

2. Please detail with some specificity your plan. You say it won't cost$1T. How much will it cost? How will it be distributed? To whom? How much does that come out per person? Go on record now, so you can't use hindsight to frame your response.

ROCK

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if someone noted (didn't read through this thread) but while I was out delivering food some radio type said it is now $1T. Just heard it can't confirm it. Keep $$$ in the hands of my customers. They are cooking at home. Certainly I gave been exposed but I am in great health. For me the pollen is worse.

bga1

Reaction score
Couple questions for you Fred:

1. Why is it ok to deficit spend for this, even though you are strident about your opposition?

2. Please detail with some specificity your plan. You say it won't cost$1T. How much will it cost? How will it be distributed? To whom? How much does that come out per person? Go on record now, so you can't use hindsight to frame your response.
While you are at it, why don't you offer what you would do in this situation??

Top Bottom