Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

Cruze

Reaction score
Trump effectively ousts the top watchdog for the $2 trillion in virus relief.

President Trump moved on Tuesday to oust the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief. It was the latest step in an unfolding White House power play over semi-independent inspectors general across the government.

The official, Glenn A. Fine, has been the acting inspector general for the Defense Department since before Mr. Trump took office. Last week, an umbrella group of inspectors general across the executive branch named him the chairman of a new Pandemic Response Accountability Committee with control of an $80 million budget to police how the government carries out the $2 trillion relief bill.

But Mr. Trump has now abruptly named a different federal official — Sean O’Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general — to be the acting inspector general for the Defense Department. The move effectively removed Mr. Fine — a former Justice Department inspector general with a reputation for aggression and independence — from his role overseeing pandemic spending.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/...context=storyline_updates_world#link-179c5b11

Section2

Reaction score
Could there be a swampier state than Florida?
Adam Carolla used to have a great bit where they would read some bizarre story and you had to guess if it was Florida or Germany. So I don't think it's just the politics that are backward. KGF excluded.

Section2

Reaction score
Trump effectively ousts the top watchdog for the $2 trillion in virus relief.

President Trump moved on Tuesday to oust the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief. It was the latest step in an unfolding White House power play over semi-independent inspectors general across the government.

The official, Glenn A. Fine, has been the acting inspector general for the Defense Department since before Mr. Trump took office. Last week, an umbrella group of inspectors general across the executive branch named him the chairman of a new Pandemic Response Accountability Committee with control of an $80 million budget to police how the government carries out the $2 trillion relief bill.

But Mr. Trump has now abruptly named a different federal official — Sean O’Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general — to be the acting inspector general for the Defense Department. The move effectively removed Mr. Fine — a former Justice Department inspector general with a reputation for aggression and independence — from his role overseeing pandemic spending.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/...context=storyline_updates_world#link-179c5b11
who has authority to make these decisions?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Adam Carolla used to have a great bit where they would read some bizarre story and you had to guess if it was Florida or Germany. So I don't think it's just the politics that are backward. KGF excluded.
I don't think it's necessarily the politics either. I think it's in the water down there. Lots of corruption and bad dealings.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Anybody receive a stimulus payment yet? Any of you red-staters get yours yet?

cncmin

Reaction score
Why hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans haven't moved to FL yet is beyond me. That move, alone, would guarantee that presidents like the current one would be prevented for decades. See, this mess IS the fault of the Puerto Ricans!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans haven't moved to FL yet is beyond me. That move, alone, would guarantee that presidents like the current one would be prevented for decades. See, this mess IS the fault of the Puerto Ricans!
I can almost guarantee someone will post asking why a Puerto Rico citizen should be allowed to immigrate to the US.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Penny in a wel if the Virus keepe gitting out of controle

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I assume your awful spelling is a bit, but I don't understand it.
OK justthefacts, I’ll come clean.

Sadly, I am dyslexic.
I attended classes at the University of Roade Island, in second grade, to learn how to read. I was a case study there when dyslexia when it was first looked into as a disability. When we moved to Gainesville Florida, I also attended the same types of classes at the University of Florida as a case study. I was able to learn how to decode the written word to read. I still I have problems visualizing sight words in my head and still have a very bad spelling problem. I usually use my computer, write on the Word Program and spell check. I have not been doing that lately on your open forum. I will from now on. Unless I had a few beers late at night!:drink:

TALON

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Correct, but it shows who is fraudulent when claiming to want less government, less spending, etc.
I would like a President and Congress to come up with balanced budgets, but the pandemic has upset any chance of that at this time. I do hope the extra money allotted to the pandemic goes to the right people this time.

TALON

GoodasGold

Reaction score
OK justthefacts, I’ll come clean.

Sadly, I am dyslexic.
I attended classes at the University of Roade Island, in second grade, to learn how to read. I was a case study there when dyslexia when it was first looked into as a disability. When we moved to Gainesville Florida, I also attended the same types of classes at the University of Florida as a case study. I was able to learn how to decode the written word to read. I still I have problems visualizing sight words in my head and still have a very bad spelling problem. I usually use my computer, write on the Word Program and spell check. I have not been doing that lately on your open forum. I will from now on. Unless I had a few beers late at night!:drink:

TALON
GUS don’t feel the need to use Word and SpellCheck just to post here. U R perfectly coherent as is; and your writing style makes you uneek. Besides,
it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

howeda7

Reaction score
GUS don’t feel the need to use Word and SpellCheck just to post here. U R perfectly coherent as is; and your writing style makes you uneek. Besides,
it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.
We need a speechwriter to replace DeckerGopher. We've found our man.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score

Thank you, but I should do it out of respect for the readers of this board and myself. I should use spell check which I am not doing now. ITS BEER TIME!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Is Trump doing anything at all to get the second round deal done? Has he made a single public statement about it? Did he not brag about his deal-making skills?

Top Bottom