Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

stocker08

Reaction score
the fact that the tan suit is the only counter argument ever offered is proof that this idea is false. No they didn't blow it up. a few shows mentioned it, a few right wingers tried to generate some fake outrage, almost no one really cared. it's the perfect example of a straw man.
Wrong. Coffee off the airplane? Another thing that the right "lost their collective minds over". Drumnf tops those several times each day. The right is just a joke.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Two weeks. Maybe sooner. Or some say not until May. But they'll be beautiful.
Indeed! Seems to be some confusion around the edges of the program. My question: what about dependents who are NOT under 17 but who filed their own returns as single filers? I guess we will see!

howeda7

Reaction score
Indeed! Seems to be some confusion around the edges of the program. My question: what about dependents who are NOT under 17 but who filed their own returns as single filers? I guess we will see!
I'm not sure. But I know I got screwed out of a Jessie Ventura check under those circumstances. I'm still bitter about it. :cool:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Only the right wingers in GopherHole will think the extra couple of days of negotiations forced by the Democrats wasn't worth it.

5 Ways Democrats Changed the $2 Trillion Stimulus Package

1. After complaints from Democrats, a $500 billion fund — $425 billion for the Federal Reserve to leverage for loans in order to help broad groups of distressed companies and $75 billion for industry-specific loans — will now have far stricter oversight, in the form of an inspector general and a 5-person panel appointed by Congress, lawmakers said. Democrats said the Republican bill provided too much discretion to Trump and Mnuchin to dole out the funds.

2. Companies that accept money must also agree to halt any stock buybacks for the length of the government assistance, plus an additional year. The original text of the legislation appeared to limit stock buybacks and executive pay raises, but Democrats said Mnuchin could waive some of those requirements.

3. Democrats also secured a provision that will block Trump family businesses — or those of other senior government officials — from receiving loan money under the programs. With hotels and resorts among the businesses seeking assistance, Democrats feared Trump’s companies could seek taxpayer funds as well. Trump did not rule that out complaining that he does not get enough credit for donating his presidential salary.”

4, 130 billion for hospitals ($55 billion more than GOP wanted).

5. $150 billion for state and local governments (GOP wanted zero).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/us/politics/coronavirus-senate-deal.html
This is excellent work.

Kudos to the Dems for winning these points!

ComoGopher

Reaction score
Hey I am a dumb kid about the economy. Do companies get any money that is not a loan? They shouldn't right? If they can lay folks off, those folks can get unemployment. Freeze rent and mortgage payments. Feeze car payments. Nobody is going anywhere or doing anything right? This is about survival. Freeze property tax. All you gotta pay for is utilities, groceries, insurance, and gas if you are working.

Section2

Reaction score
Hey I am a dumb kid about the economy. Do companies get any money that is not a loan? They shouldn't right? If they can lay folks off, those folks can get unemployment. Freeze rent and mortgage payments. Feeze car payments. Nobody is going anywhere or doing anything right? This is about survival. Freeze property tax. All you gotta pay for is utilities, groceries, insurance, and gas if you are working.
sounds great until some of the lenders are overseas. global economy

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Wrong. Coffee off the airplane? Another thing that the right "lost their collective minds over". Drumnf tops those several times each day. The right is just a joke.
This is the intellectual equivalent of calling Obama "Hussein".

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Isn't the stimulus money tied in some way to not laying people off? I hope United's bounty is reduced, then, if they did layoff a significant number of workers.

If you're not paying your payroll, then just suspend operations. You don't need and shouldn't get a bailout. That should be for businesses that are trying to stay afloat to keep paying their workers.

Cruze

Reaction score
Is there any doubt that right wingers who used to call themselves "principled conservatives" and who were proud of being "budget deficit hawks" will be lining up to support the Trumpster on this?

Trump says he won’t provide documentation for audits into $500 billion in corporate bailout funds

President Donald Trump said on Friday that he will not adhere to a portion of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill that would authorize an inspector general to oversee how $500 billion in business loans will be spent.

The $500 billion loan program was the biggest point of contention between Democratic and Republican lawmakers throughout the relief bill’s negotiation process. Democrats called this a “slush fund” that would give Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin broad authority to disburse the funds as he saw fit.

The IG provision was intended as an accountability effort to alert Congress if the Trump administration was not complying with auditing measures. It was also meant to help ensure the president and his family did not directly benefit from the emergency funds through their businesses.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-stimulus-trump-inspector-general-wont-comply

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that right wingers who used to call themselves "principled conservatives" and who were proud of being "budget deficit hawks" will be lining up to support the Trumster on this?

Trump says he won’t provide documentation for audits into $500 billion in corporate bailout funds

President Donald Trump said on Friday that he will not adhere to a portion of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill that would authorize an inspector general to oversee how $500 billion in business loans will be spent.

The $500 billion loan program was the biggest point of contention between Democratic and Republican lawmakers throughout the relief bill’s negotiation process. Democrats called this a “slush fund” that would give Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin broad authority to disburse the funds as he saw fit.

The IG provision was intended as an accountability effort to alert Congress if the Trump administration was not complying with auditing measures. It was also meant to help ensure the president and his family did not directly benefit from the emergency funds through their businesses.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-stimulus-trump-inspector-general-wont-comply
I thought impeachment was going to chasten him!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This is impeachable if he follows through. Taking our money and bailing out himself or Kushner would be tyrannical.
Perhaps he figures, at this rate he's gone in November and no one can touch him legally, so pillage the place why you still can?

howeda7

Reaction score
This isn't the pathetic need of a man with a huge ego or anything.

howeda7

Reaction score
Perhaps he figures, at this rate he's gone in November and no one can touch him legally, so pillage the place why you still can?
That's the plan no matter when he leaves office.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What do you think lefties? Pelosi concerned about ‘the less fortunate’?

Top Bottom