Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

stocker08

Reaction score
I bet that notebook is a beauty. How are you crayolas holding out now that you can't get them free at restaurants?

I blasted Obama- on policy. I would love to see you guys debate and even blast Trump on his actual policies- functional policies. Not on form but on function. You can't.
Lol. Trumps policies have sucked hard.

And your jokes about crayons? I'd rather be writing with those than be sniffing sharpies like you, pal.

Section2

Reaction score
Because every little thing is taken as a slight? Media blew up on Obamas brown suit. Trump eclipses that every day with his tweets. Should the media stay silent because Trump doesn't like it? Because he decided that they are all fake news now?

It's disturbing stuff....that anyone would side with that dope.
the fact that the tan suit is the only counter argument ever offered is proof that this idea is false. No they didn't blow it up. a few shows mentioned it, a few right wingers tried to generate some fake outrage, almost no one really cared. it's the perfect example of a straw man.

howeda7

Reaction score
Go back and look at the archives. I and others complained about Obama over all 8 years- about his policies. But the magnitude of it was 1/20th of this and when he did something well, like nail bin Laden we were able to give him credit. I've checked on it because I wanted to see what I have done. I feel good that we were tough on him because he was a terrible President, but we also did not sink anywhere near to the personal lows that you all have hit. Balance is important.

By the way, your opinion, does not reflect public sentiment, Gallup has a poll out today that has Trump at 60% approval on the handling of this crisis. That is 100% because he is speaking directly to the people and the media is not getting as much of an opportunity to twist what he says (despite their desperate efforts to do so).
Lol. You don't really believe these lies you tell.

howeda7

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Not true. You hated everything that Obama did and gave him credit for nothing. You really think that nobody remembers your visceral hate towards Obama. Please. It's like your cheerleading of Trumps coronavirus takes a month ago. You were fully for them then....now you can't remember what they were. What a joke.

Trump only has a coronavirus response approval rating (overall approval rating still dismal) over 50% because he has adults at his press conferences. And they are clarifying all of the wrong things that he is saying. 50% of people are at ease knowing that president yams is speaking nonsense for a few minutes and then going back into the pressure cooker while the doctors, scientists, mom, pop, and other adults take over.
Beeg's "I was fair and easy on Obama" revisionist history is less believable than Trump's "I always thought it was a pandemic" lie.

bga1

Reaction score
I do remember you praising Obama for the Bin Laden thing. I was shocked. I also remember a few others poo-pooing it though.

I would say Obama had many warts, but I would take him over Trump. He surrounded himself with much better people. That is a major issue I have with Trump. He tried to drain the swamp and made a mess of it imo.
See that's what I call a fair opinion- even though I differ with it. You didn't have to make up what Trump said to disagree with him. Again, good for you.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Beeg's "I was fair and easy on Obama" revisionist history is less believable than Trump's "I always thought it was a pandemic" lie.
Ah, Beeg wrote that he ripped Obama for 8 years straight and that he was a terrible president. How did you get fair and easy on Obama from that?

Section2

Reaction score
Beeg wasn't fair and easy on Obama. You are 25X less fair and easy on Trump. Imagine beeg melting down in 10 threads a day during the normal Obama years, and then take a look in the mirror.

howeda7

Reaction score
Ah, Beeg wrote that he ripped Obama for 8 years straight and that he was a terrible president. How did you get fair and easy on Obama from that?
"only on policy" and he was "quick to give him credit" both lies.

bga1

Reaction score
Beeg wasn't fair and easy on Obama. You are 25X less fair and easy on Trump. Imagine beeg melting down in 10 threads a day during the normal Obama years, and then take a look in the mirror.
I was fair- because he stunk as a president. However, I was not easy on him...because I love America. :)

Section2

Reaction score
I was fair- because he stunk as a president. However, I was not easy on him...because I love America. :)
You weren't fair, but so what. You're a partisan. You are very open and honest about that.

Cruze

Reaction score
Disregarding reasonable differences of opinion about his policy decisions, the Trumpster has told countless bald face lies and has acted like a complete jackass during his entire presidency. His daily demeanor as President of the U.S. has been much like a 13-year old bully boy in middle school. This alone make him worthy of scorn by every U.S.citizen who loves their country and who used to be proud of the respect and admiration the rest of the world used to have for America.

To try to compare Trump's presidency with Obama's is the height of absurdity. A century from now most legitimate historians will regard his time in office as one of the low points in American history. The only thing Trump was ever going to be able to accomplish during his presidency was a long period of low unemployment and a continually rising stock market. He's lost both of them now. Trump is screwed even if he wins a second term in office. He will always be considered to be a low class piece of sh*t by a very large percentage of Americans.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Disregarding reasonable differences of opinion about his policy decisions, the Trumpster has told countless bald face lies and has acted like a complete jackass during his entire presidency. His daily demeanor as President of the U.S. has been much like a 13 year old bully boy in middle school. This alone make him worthy of scorn by every U.S.citizen who loves their country and who used to be proud of the respect and admiration the rest of the world used to have for America.

To try to compare Trump's presidency with Obama's is the height of absurdity. A century from now most legitimate historians will regard his time in office as one of the low points in American history. The only thing Trump was ever going to be able to accomplish during his presidency was a long period of low unemployment and a continually rising stock market. He's lost both of them now. He's screwed even if he wins a second term in office.
That's somewhat/mostly true, and STILL the criticism has been unceasing and unfair. All you had to do was stop the nonsense and focus on the big stuff and the substance, and you couldn't do it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Larry Kudlow says the bill will be 6 trillion! Thank God the party of fiscal conservatism is in charge or imagine what it would be!

bga1

Reaction score
You weren't fair, but so what. You're a partisan. You are very open and honest about that.
Of course I am a partisan. As is everyone here, including you. We all have a worldview and see things a certain way. That doesn't mean we can't be honest about the opposition in terms of their good and bad points. So, no I refuse to get tossed into that pot along with the dishonest leftists here. They are ends justify the means people, there is not lie too big to tell if it gets them to the goal line. That's not me, nor is it you, even though we are both partisans.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Larry Kudlow says the bill will be 6 trillion! Thank God the party of fiscal conservatism is in charge or imagine what it would be!
Knew it would happen. Here it is. Hackin blaming the r folks already. And says nothing about Nancy and chuckles pork.
Hypocrite.

bga1

Reaction score
It is disturbing that both sides of the media lie. It used to be that the media was above that. Fox helped usher in the new way years ago. The rest has caught up. Doesn't mean it is right.
What portion of the whole media do you think Fox is?

Section2

Reaction score
4 of that is Fed liquidity, not spending. the 2 is nancy's bill. you're on record that the bailouts in 2009 were totally necessary and good, so I guess you'll just need to shut up and support this too.

GopherJake

Reaction score
You weren't fair, but so what. You're a partisan.
The fact that you think these are mutually exclusive says a lot about you. But of course your posts scream this dozens of times per day.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
4 of that is Fed liquidity, not spending. the 2 is nancy's bill. you're on record that the bailouts in 2009 were totally necessary and good, so I guess you'll just need to shut up and support this too.
:clap:

justthefacts

Reaction score
He will pull if off again unless the Dems pull a different candidate out of the hat than Biden. He was almost unable to pull off a 15 minute live talk he gave the other day. He looks and sounds horrid.
The left looks crazy to most Americans and even the Bernies are not going to vote for the status quo Dems.
So your previous post was making the point that the points that both sides agreed on should be in the bill? Bold.

And when you used the past tense to describe what the "smart way" "would have been" it was probably just a typo.

bga1

Reaction score
So your previous post was making the point that the points that both sides agreed on should be in the bill? Bold.

And when you used the past tense to describe what the "smart way" "would have been" it was probably just a typo.
The smart way is never going to be the route congress chooses. From that post, I now understand why you usually tweet what others say....

Cruze

Reaction score
Only the right wingers in GopherHole will think the extra couple of days of negotiations forced by the Democrats wasn't worth it.

5 Ways Democrats Changed the $2 Trillion Stimulus Package

1. After complaints from Democrats, a $500 billion fund — $425 billion for the Federal Reserve to leverage for loans in order to help broad groups of distressed companies and $75 billion for industry-specific loans — will now have far stricter oversight, in the form of an inspector general and a 5-person panel appointed by Congress, lawmakers said. Democrats said the Republican bill provided too much discretion to Trump and Mnuchin to dole out the funds.

2. Companies that accept money must also agree to halt any stock buybacks for the length of the government assistance, plus an additional year. The original text of the legislation appeared to limit stock buybacks and executive pay raises, but Democrats said Mnuchin could waive some of those requirements.

3. Democrats also secured a provision that will block Trump family businesses — or those of other senior government officials — from receiving loan money under the programs. With hotels and resorts among the businesses seeking assistance, Democrats feared Trump’s companies could seek taxpayer funds as well. Trump did not rule that out complaining that he does not get enough credit for donating his presidential salary.”

4, 130 billion for hospitals ($55 billion more than GOP wanted).

5. $150 billion for state and local governments (GOP wanted zero).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/us/politics/coronavirus-senate-deal.html

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
Disregarding reasonable differences of opinion about his policy decisions, the Trumpster has told countless bald face lies and has acted like a complete jackass during his entire presidency. His daily demeanor as President of the U.S. has been much like a 13-year old bully boy in middle school. This alone make him worthy of scorn by every U.S.citizen who loves their country and who used to be proud of the respect and admiration the rest of the world used to have for America.

To try to compare Trump's presidency with Obama's is the height of absurdity. A century from now most legitimate historians will regard his time in office as one of the low points in American history. The only thing Trump was ever going to be able to accomplish during his presidency was a long period of low unemployment and a continually rising stock market. He's lost both of them now. Trump is screwed even if he wins a second term in office. He will always be considered to be a low class piece of sh*t by a very large percentage of Americans.
What are Trump's 5 biggest policy lies Cruzemaster? Let's break them down. Thanks.

bga1

Reaction score
Only the right wingers in GopherHole will think the extra couple of days of negotiations forced by the Democrats wasn't worth it.

5 Ways Democrats Changed $2 Trillion Stimulus Package

1. After complaints from Democrats, a $500 billion fund — $425 billion for the Federal Reserve to leverage for loans in order to help broad groups of distressed companies and $75 billion for industry-specific loans — will now have far stricter oversight, in the form of an inspector general and a 5-person panel appointed by Congress, lawmakers said. Democrats said the Republican bill provided too much discretion to Trump and Mnuchin to dole out the funds.

2. Companies that accept money must also agree to halt any stock buybacks for the length of the government assistance, plus an additional year. The original text of the legislation appeared to limit stock buybacks and executive pay raises, but Democrats said Mnuchin could waive some of those requirements.

3. Democrats also secured a provision that will block Trump family businesses — or those of other senior government officials — from receiving loan money under the programs. With hotels and resorts among the businesses seeking assistance, Democrats feared Trump’s companies could seek taxpayer funds as well. Trump did not rule that out complaining that he does not get enough credit for donating his presidential salarys.”

#3 is the only one they really care about. I would guess that #3 is not constitutionally valid but I doubt it will matter. You can bet that "those of other senior government officials" won't include Congress. They are going to get their money out of this.

Section2

Reaction score
The fact that you think these are mutually exclusive says a lot about you. But of course your posts scream this dozens of times per day.
They aren’t mutually exclusive. But anyone engaging with bga knows his perspective clearly. He’s upfront and honest about it. If you want to argue with him, fine. I can’t think of who would be the poster here on the left that matches him. Are there any admitted Democrat party loyalists?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

5 Ways Democrats Changed $2 Trillion Stimulus Package

3. Democrats also secured a provision that will block Trump family businesses — or those of other senior government officials — from receiving loan money under the programs. With hotels and resorts among the businesses seeking assistance, Democrats feared Trump’s companies could seek taxpayer funds as well. Trump did not rule that out complaining that he does not get enough credit for donating his presidential salarys.”

Exactly. The rest of the year, this is called negotiating and working across the aisle, which you're supposedly supposed to do. This week it's called fucking over Wall Street.

GopherJake

Reaction score
They aren’t mutually exclusive. But anyone engaging with bga knows his perspective clearly. He’s upfront and honest about it. If you want to argue with him, fine. I can’t think of who would be the poster here on the left that matches him. Are there any admitted Democrat party loyalists?
Your statement certainly implied that because he is partisan, this excuses him being unfair. Which was my point. A simple, "yes, I agree, let me restate" would have been fine and indicated you aren't just reflexively argumentative. Letting you get away with that type of thing allows you to degrade the intellectual level of conversations. You do it all the time.

Section2

Reaction score
Exactly. The rest of the year, this is called negotiating and working across the aisle, which you're supposedly supposed to do. This week it's called fucking over Wall Street.
If this is really all that they wanted in the bill, why didn't they demand these inclusions, and publicize it? Why did they add 1000 BS Democrat wish list items and create a PR disaster that the NYT is trying to cover for them?
Don't be so gullible. Most of these items Republicans have no problem with.

also note for fiscal conservative Howie, Dems added $200 billion in new spending.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
If this is really all that they wanted in the bill, why didn't they demand these inclusions, and publicize it? Why did they add 1000 BS Democrat wish list items and create a PR disaster that the NYT is trying to cover for them?
Don't be so gullible. Most of these items Republicans have no problem with.

also note for fiscal conservative Howie, Dems added $200 billion in new spending.
:clap:

Top Bottom