Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
"The markets are tanking once again because this body can't get its act together," he said. "This has to stop," McConnell said, adding, "The country is out of time."

These are just scare tactics. McConnell isn't a genius by any measure, but he's not as stupid as this statement, and he can't be this fearful. The market is going to find its level once everything stabilizes. The concern is the status of individuals and small businesses and by association the health of the economy. Time is of the essence, but haste makes waste.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Really? Then how did that cupcake blitzkrieg through 16 opponents in the 2016 GOP primary?
The field was worse than what the Dems had this time around. If you think Trump was a really strong candidate then you weren't paying attention. He should have been defeated easily.

Cruze

Reaction score
The field was worse than what the Dems had this time around. If you think Trump was a really strong candidate then you weren't paying attention. He should have been defeated easily.
Joe Biden has all but beaten Sanders because the rest of the Democratic Party has rallied around him. Trump won the GOP nomination because the Republican Party didn't do what the Dems did for Biden.

Section2

Reaction score
All that shows me is that the only moderates in the Senate are Dems and most of them were voted out.

Susan Collins may vote against Trump more than the average R, but anytime it's a major issue, outside of the ACA, she grandstands and then caves and votes with the party. She's a fraud and she will lose in November.
Which major issues Howie? We're all ears wondering which ones you're referring to? It wouldn't be Kavanaugh, would it?

bga1

Reaction score
Based on what I have read, I believe the mentioned income cutoffs for outright grants are $75,000 for married and $150,000 for married. I did read something about possible proposals to give taxpayers with income levels above those funds, but those might be more in the form of loans.
The smart way to do it would have been to give everyone the checks and then anyone that exceeded those levels at the end of the year would have to pay it back on the tax return. There are going to be people with restaurants that made 170k last year but go broke this year and they will get zip. Too bad.

Section2

Reaction score
The smart way to do it would have been to give everyone the checks and then anyone that exceeded those levels at the end of the year would have to pay it back on the tax return. There are going to be people with restaurants that made 170k last year but go broke this year and they will get zip. Too bad.
Cut everyone the checks, donate it if you don't need it. I bet MOST people who don't need it would donate it. If not, who cares, less complicated.

bga1

Reaction score
a 1400 page bill is RIDICULOUS.
There should be some sort of law that emergency bills like this can only be passed for temporary measures in a 6 month window. No money or law changes that are long term should be passed in emergency bills.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
"The markets are tanking once again because this body can't get its act together," he said. "This has to stop," McConnell said, adding, "The country is out of time."

These are just scare tactics. McConnell isn't a genius by any measure, but he's not as stupid as this statement, and he can't be this fearful. The market is going to find its level once everything stabilizes. The concern is the status of individuals and small businesses and by association the health of the economy. Time is of the essence, but haste makes waste.
Oh no, of course he's not that stupid. It's, of course, a lie.

He was just trying to "shame" Dems into passing the false bill that was in the senate at that time, screwing over poor people and slathering on crony capitalism for the rich and big corporations.

Good on the Dems for refusing!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Joe Biden has all but beaten Sanders because the rest of the Democratic Party has rallied around him. Trump won the GOP nomination because the Republican Party didn't do what the Dems did for Biden.
Fear does that.

They sold their soul, willing to take the worst of the worst, if it meant a win. "Storm the cockpit"

justthefacts

Reaction score
That's what the Pelosi plan is/was:

justthefacts

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why we'd bail out the cruise lines? They all sail under foreign flags to avoid paying taxes here. Eff them.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I was paying very close attention. What you are doing is substituting your own view of "what should have happened" instead of what did happen (this is something bga1 does relentlessly on the basketball board).

This is a case of you ignoring reality to suit your viewpoint. A winner is someone who wins, not someone who checks all the right boxes. Now, whether Trump could pull this off again now that he has an actual record as an incumbent instead of a potential record as a very different type of candidate remains to be seen.

bga1

Reaction score
That's what the Pelosi plan is/was:

Yes and those were the things that they had agreement on with the Rs. The things that they shoved in at the last were things that killed the deal like a whole bunch of social engineering measures and Dem wish list items.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yes and those were the things that they had agreement on with the Rs. The things that they shoved in at the last were things that killed the deal like a whole bunch of social engineering measures and Dem wish list items.
Why are you making this up?

Section2

Reaction score
Where is Howie to decry the massive spending in this bill?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I was paying very close attention. What you are doing is substituting your own view of "what should have happened" instead of what did happen (this is something bga1 does relentlessly on the basketball board).

This is a case of you ignoring reality to suit your viewpoint. A winner is someone who wins, not someone who checks all the right boxes. Now, whether Trump could pull this off again now that he has an actual record as an incumbent instead of a potential record as a very different type of candidate remains to be seen.
I get what you saying, but Trump was viewed as a long shot. The Dems had it in the bag and then didn't. They screwed up more than the Repubs did well.

bga1

Reaction score

He will pull if off again unless the Dems pull a different candidate out of the hat than Biden. He was almost unable to pull off a 15 minute live talk he gave the other day. He looks and sounds horrid.
The left looks crazy to most Americans and even the Bernies are not going to vote for the status quo Dems.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
You're giving an incomplete analysis of the 538 ranking. 538 ranks by the far right figure which adjusts the propensity to vote one way or another based on the partisan lean of the senator's home jurisdiction. That factor is very relevant. By that measure, Collins is 22% more likely to vote with Trump than her state would predict. If Collins had the same voting record as Tom Cotton, she would have been out of a job years ago much like Rod Grams was after one term as Minnesota's senator.
What I posted is completely accurate and directly relevant to the false claim Howeda7 made (one of legions of false claims that he makes). The column I used ranks members by -- "How often a member votes in line with Trump's position". Howeda7 claimed, Every time Trump does or says something indefensible she's "concerned" or "troubled" but when it's time to vote she bows and licks his shoes like everyone else. My post correctly points out that what he said was false.

That's all. Over and out. I need to get back to work.

howeda7

Reaction score
To be fair, it's hard to rally around Ted Cruz. No one likes Ted Cruz. Not even his fellow GOP Senators.

howeda7

Reaction score
This. Beeg is right! The end is near.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
What I posted is completely accurate and directly relevant to the false claim Howeda7 made (one of legions of false claims that he makes). The column I used ranks members by -- "How often a member votes in line with Trump's position". Howeda7 claimed, Every time Trump does or says something indefensible she's "concerned" or "troubled" but when it's time to vote she bows and licks his shoes like everyone else. My post correctly points out that what he said was false.

Howie owned again!!!!!

howeda7

Reaction score

None of what I said there is untrue. Almost every time she's had "concerns" or been "deeply troubled" on an issue she ends up voting with him. When it's his personal behavior she says "he's learned his lesson." She's a fraud.

I said nothing about her overall voting record, but that she "only" votes with him 67% of the time is hardly a gotcha.

Top Bottom