Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Despicable Democrats see an opportunity in this crisis. Not to help the American people, but to hold an emergency relief bill hostage until they get their radical wish list. How long will Americans across the country have to wait? The Dems. are truly evil.

1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance 2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service 3. Required early voting 4. Required same day voter registration 5. 10k bailout for student loans 6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers 7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining 8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025 9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights 10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees 11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance 12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance

(none of the above have been denied by leading Democrats)
The lefties here are silent. Utter pussies.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why do you say that? She certainly has a voting record of being a centrist. Just wondering why you think that's not the case?
Being a grandstanding b____ to end Kavanaugh. I hope she never serves again, after this term.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why do you say that? She certainly has a voting record of being a centrist. Just wondering why you think that's not the case? When it comes to supporting Trump positions, she does it the least amongst every Republican Senator, even less often than Rand Paul. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/susan-m-collins/
She's a fraud. Every time Trump does or says something indefensible she's "concerned" or "troubled" but when it's time to vote she bows and licks his shoes like everyone else.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
This current Left is so pathetic. They only seem to know how to be dumb. Trump was a cupcake in 2016 and they did everything wrong and lost. The Kavanaugh thing only could backfire and guess what happened. There was literally no good reason to attempt the impeachment trial but they went ahead with it anyways and looked foolish. Now this. Sad. Our two major parties continue to operate at an all-time low.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
^^^ moderate conservative white man who posts on internet message boards, find a reason to nitpick Dems who are trying to keep GOP from screwing people and crony capitalism with the bailout.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Livingat45north

Reaction score
She's a fraud. Every time Trump does or says something indefensible she's "concerned" or "troubled" but when it's time to vote she bows and licks his shoes like everyone else.
Sorry, I confused you for someone that actually looks at facts and reality versus living in a pretend world. Her voting record shows the exact opposite of what you state. Maybe you should actually try educating yourself on a topic before you start spewing false info, but again, for you it's easier just to live in a pretend world. Here's the actual voting record data for the Senators ranked by the "Agree with Trump" score. I gave you the link to this in my previous post, but since it's apparently too hard for you to click a link I'll grab a screenshot and paste it for you. She's the most central Senator there is. You can't get any more in the center than her voting record.

Capture.JPG

Cruze

Reaction score
The Trumpster and Mitch McConnell. In all probability the two worst human beings ever to have their jobs.

NYT Editorial: The Coronavirus Bailout Stalled. And It’s Mitch McConnell’s Fault.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky failed to do his job this weekend. As the economy spiraled downward, Mr. McConnell, the Senate majority leader, said he would produce a bipartisan bailout bill authorizing an infusion of desperately needed aid. Instead, Mr. McConnell emerged on Sunday evening with a bill that would provide a lot of help for corporate executives and shareholders, and not nearly enough for American workers.

It would let the Treasury Department hand out hundreds of billions of dollars to corporations — potentially including businesses owned by President Trump — without requiring a binding commitment to preserve jobs and wages. And the bailouts could remain secret for six months.

The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoided cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

To take just one example, the bill would let the Treasury bail out hotels owned by Mr. Trump on whatever terms his administration might care to dictate — and Mr. Trump refused on Sunday night to pledge that he would refrain from taking any federal aid.

But what is the point of passing a bailout that does not protect jobs and wages? Senate Democrats want more from Republicans in other areas, too. They are pushing to deliver more funding for health care, and for state and local governments, and to expand unemployment benefits. These are worthy goals that deserve bipartisan support.

Republicans can quickly resolve this standoff by accepting the necessary changes to protect the public interest. Alternatively, the Senate could table the big-business bailout. Boeing, the major airlines and other companies clamoring for help simply do not need federal assistance with the same urgency as small businesses and individual workers do — particularly because the Fed in recent days has stepped in to help big companies borrow money.

Read complete article at: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/coronavirus-bailout-mcconnell-congress.html

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You can't get any more in the center than her voting record.
The evidence you provide to support this claim, fails miserably. The magnitude of each thing that is voted upon, matters far more than a simple average of agree/disagree.

Section2

Reaction score
Sorry, I confused you for someone that actually looks at facts and reality versus living in a pretend world. Her voting record shows the exact opposite of what you state. Maybe you should actually try educating yourself on a topic before you start spewing false info, but again, for you it's easier just to live in a pretend world. Here's the actual voting record data for the Senators ranked by the "Agree with Trump" score. I gave you the link to this in my previous post, but since it's apparently too hard for you to click a link I'll grab a screenshot and paste it for you. She's the most central Senator there is. You can't get any more in the center than her voting record.

View attachment 7339
Hi there, I think I can help, I speak Howie.
Susan Collins didn’t help impeach Trump and didn’t block Kavanaugh. Therefore she’s a Nazi boot licker (lick lick) and cannot be a centrist.

Cruze

Reaction score
Now this is a Republican with a conscience who understand what the right priorities should be. There will be time to deal with large corporations once their employees are taken care of. Congressional bailouts shouldn't cover everything in just one piece of legislation because it's too easy to hide goodies and handouts in them for favorite constituencies.

Rick Santorum: Workers should come first in emergency coronavirus legislation

First, we should ask ourselves, "What have I done today to help someone who has been adversely affected by the coronavirus outbreak?" We can show the world what is special about our country.

Second, we can encourage government to take wise action to support working Americans. I opposed government bailouts in the past because they focused on Wall Street, particularly mismanaged business. This emergency is quite different. The average family could have never anticipated that all of their income -- and any other job opportunity -- would stop at the same time.

Congress is currently negotiating a new stimulus package and has the opportunity to provide real support to working families that will also uphold the economy until this emergency passes. If done correctly, this will keep businesses and non-profits on hold and prepared to reopen -- with their employees ready to go back to work -- once Covid-19 is behind us.

We know large businesses are good at advocating for their interests but let's make sure they do the right thing for their workers by providing sick and paid leave if they do receive any stimulus funds. It is important that members of Congress consider the average worker, small businesses and nonprofits as they finalize this emergency stimulus legislation.

Read complete article at: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/opinions/workers-come-first-coronavirus-legislation/index.html

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
You should have just liked my post Cruze. Praising Santorum is gross.

stocker08

Reaction score
This current Left is so pathetic. They only seem to know how to be dumb. Trump was a cupcake in 2016 and they did everything wrong and lost. The Kavanaugh thing only could backfire and guess what happened. There was literally no good reason to attempt the impeachment trial but they went ahead with it anyways and looked foolish. Now this. Sad. Our two major parties continue to operate at an all-time low.
And the Trump right is smart and ??? The right has gone overboard on embarrassingly stupid. All over Trump. Pathetic? That is the right. Sorry to break it to you. :-(

tikited

Me
Reaction score
And the Trump right is smart and ??? The right has gone overboard on embarrassingly stupid. All over Trump. Pathetic? That is the right. Sorry to break it to you. :-(
Did you even bother to read the last sentence?

Sorry to break it to you, but the Dems continue to screw up at every turn. Victory is there for the taking and they just refuse to take it.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
^^^ moderate conservative white man who posts on internet message boards, find a reason to nitpick Dems who are trying to keep GOP from screwing people and crony capitalism with the bailout.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You are just like the people you rip.

howeda7

Reaction score

View attachment 7339
All that shows me is that the only moderates in the Senate are Dems and most of them were voted out.

Susan Collins may vote against Trump more than the average R, but anytime it's a major issue, outside of the ACA, she grandstands and then caves and votes with the party. She's a fraud and she will lose in November.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
All that shows me is that the only moderates in the Senate are Dems and most of them were voted out.

Susan Collins may vote against Trump more than the average R, but anytime it's a major issue, outside of the ACA, she grandstands and then caves and votes with the party. She's a fraud and she will lose in November.
But but but but but

You have been owned. Again. and again.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Sorry for being lazy, but what's the salary cutoff for stimulus benefits in the current draft of the Senate bill?

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Like I said, the magnitude of what she voted yes on, FAR outweighs that she strategically votes no on a number of small, less important things to make it appear that she’s centrist.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Like I said, the magnitude of what she voted yes on, FAR outweighs that she strategically votes no on a number of small, less important things to make it appear that she’s centrist.
Yes. Unlike her former Down Easter colleague, Olympia Snowe, her independence has been more strategic than sincere. I would say that Murkowski and Romney are the most independent GOP senators these days.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yes. Unlike her former Down Easter colleague, Olympia Snowe, her independence has been more strategic than sincere. I would say that Murkowski and Romney are the most independent GOP senators these days.
RINO

cjbfbp

Reaction score

View attachment 7339
You're giving an incomplete analysis of the 538 ranking. 538 ranks by the far right figure which adjusts the propensity to vote one way or another based on the partisan lean of the senator's home jurisdiction. That factor is very relevant. By that measure, Collins is 22% more likely to vote with Trump than her state would predict. If Collins had the same voting record as Tom Cotton, she would have been out of a job years ago much like Rod Grams was after one term as Minnesota's senator.

Cruze

Reaction score
They just needed to get Mitch out the way to get a deal done. Like so many Republicans during the last quarter century, Mitch has never been about doing deals. The only thing he knows how to do is use his Senate majorities to cram legislation down the throats of people who disagree with him.

Pelosi says economic stimulus deal to fight coronavirus impacts possible in 'next few hours'

Pelosi said Senate Democrats “have done a great job” making changes to the Senate bill that would benefit workers, to make the bill a “much more worker-oriented initiative,” and adding oversight provisions for Treasury's lending to businesses.

She also said compromises had been made with Republicans on adding immunity for mask producers, too.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Sorry for being lazy, but what's the salary cutoff for stimulus benefits in the current draft of the Senate bill?
Based on what I have read, I believe the mentioned income cutoffs for outright grants are $75,000 for married and $150,000 for married. I did read something about possible proposals to give taxpayers with income levels above those funds, but those might be more in the form of loans.

Top Bottom