Trump Wants $850 Billion in Stimulus with an Airlines Bailout

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Republicans didn't give it to Obama in 2009. It they approve it, then you'll all know it wasn't based principle but about trying to hurt a democratic president. This will prove whether the GOP is a bunch of hypocritical Keynesians or not. Like McConnell said, he wanted to make Obama a one-term president, not help the country.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Trump is bad, but McConnell is the true evil that has ruined our country.

I hope the history books look back at him and paint him for what he is, one of the truly evil figures of our time.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Crickets from all the righties who spent years railing Obama for the stimulus and bailouts. This will be Trumps 2nd stimulus.

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
Let’s do what’s right for the country, but be sure to note who the villains were over a decade ago. The latter is extremely important.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Since the title thread is completely inaccurate, why would anyone react to it? And the OP is nearly incoherent.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Let’s do what’s right for the country, but be sure to note who the villains were over a decade ago. The latter is extremely important.
It is extremely important. I vote almost exclusively GOP. We have to determine if we're about principle, people, or power. It appears to me that the party is only about power and not principle or the people. The vote on this stimulus package will answer that question.

Cruze

Reaction score
Republicans didn't give it to Obama in 2009. It they approve it, then you'll all know it wasn't based principle but about trying to hurt a democratic president. This will prove whether the GOP is a bunch of hypocritical Keynesians or not. Like McConnell said, he wanted to make Obama a one-term president, not help the country.
You absolutely nailed it. Right wingers in GopherHole (we all know who they are) have been whining for years about what they view as the unwarranted hatred of the Trumpster by the political left in America. In doing so, they completely ignore the fact that the GOP spent Obama's entire time in office not only exhibiting their extreme hatred of him, but also actively doing anything they could think of to obstruct his administration.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It is extremely important. I vote almost exclusively GOP. We have to determine if we're about principle, people, or power. It appears to me that the party is only about power and not principle or the people. The vote on this stimulus package will answer that question.
The GOP has ever been about the people?? I find that hard to believe

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You absolutely nailed it. Right wingers in GopherHole have been whining for years about what they view as the unwarranted hatred of the Trumpster by the political left in America. In doing so, they completely ignore the fact that the GOP spent Obama's entire time in office not only exhibiting their extreme hatred of him but also actively doing anything they could think of to obstruct his administration.
I think they genuinely feared that he would be the greatest president in the modern age, and ruin the GOP for decades. At the time, all they thought they'd be able to nominate were more McCain's and Romney's.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I suspect the GOP will vote for the stimulus. We will then see the GOP has no clothes.
Hope Dem senators tar and feather the GOP on floor debate for this hypocrisy, and that is widely circulated on news media. (y)

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score
None of these politicians from either party give a rip about any of you. Dems/Republicans it’s all personal interest. No one cares about the average citizen. This virus might wake more people up to the fact.

Section2

Reaction score
If this is a "stimulus" it's a terrible idea. We don't need Keynesian economics right now. What people need is relief. Millions just suddenly got thrown out of work and will lose their businesses. They just need cash for a couple months, or however long the quarantine lasts. Let's just send people cash.

bga1

Reaction score
If this is a "stimulus" it's a terrible idea. We don't need Keynesian economics right now. What people need is relief. Millions just suddenly got thrown out of work and will lose their businesses. They just need cash for a couple months, or however long the quarantine lasts. Let's just send people cash.
I am hearing all sorts of good and bad rumors about what is being proposed. I am with you. Short term relief that is delivered fast to the people and businesses affected. No reason for a mass money grab.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I’ll PM u my address. ;)

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score
This is exactly right. I get the thought on the why it it’s dumb. Just like when the banks did a lot of crappy things and then they gave the money to the banks! I mean WTF!!! Give the money to the people that got screwed on the mortgages and have it get paid back to the banks. Both parties win. Instead they gave it to the banks and let all the citizens crash and burn and even if you were not involved in a mortgage then you definitely had a drop in home value. Stupid.

howeda7

Reaction score
Can someone please detail the distinction between "stimulous" (an evil Obama thing!) and "sending people cash" (a totally good and righteous Trump thing).

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Can someone please detail the distinction between "stimulous" (an evil Obama thing!) and "sending people cash" (a totally good and righteous Trump thing).
It's a politically correct sanitization. No distinction. The objective is to provide people with money to spend, whether it's for food, rent, etc.

justthefacts

Reaction score
If they send everyone checks, is it every man, woman, and child? Can't be, right?

When people do get checks, don't save them. It will honestly be your civil duty to go out and spend that money.

howeda7

Reaction score
If they send everyone checks, is it every man, woman, and child? Can't be, right?

When people do get checks, don't save them. It will honestly be your civil duty to go out and spend that money.
What businesses will be open to spend it in? It will be used for rent/mortgage payments and at the grocery store. I think it's necessary, but it's not going to prop up the other 90% of the economy much.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Clothing. Replace your entire wardrobe. People need/will always need clothes.

Get that cash flowing.

Give it to people on cards, that don't allow it to be transferred into accounts. It has to be spend, or it expires.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Agreed. But if Obama had proposed straight cash homey, the Fellas still would have hated it. It's all stimulus.
Worth noting that the stimulus did include a $250 payment to every Soc Sec recipient.

Top Bottom