Trump shuts down his blog, frustrated by its low readership.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
The beginning of the end??? Fingers crossed!!!

Former President Donald J. Trump has removed himself entirely from the internet.
Still banned from Twitter and Facebook, and struggling to find a way to influence news coverage since leaving office, Mr. Trump decided on Wednesday to shutter his do-it-yourself alternative, a blog he had started just a month ago called “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump.”

Mr. Trump had become frustrated after hearing from friends that the site was getting little traffic and making him look small and irrelevant, according to a person familiar with his thinking.
The site, which cost a few thousand dollars to make and was put together for Mr. Trump by a company run by his former campaign manager Brad Parscale, was intended to be an online hub for supporters to see statements issued by the former president and communicate with him.

“In a time of silence and lies, a beacon of freedom arises,” a video introducing the platform last month advertised. “A place to speak freely and safely. Straight from the desk of Donald J. Trump.”
Last month, after The Washington Post reported that the blog was attracting virtually no readership, Mr. Trump played down its purpose, calling it a stopgap measure until he figured out what came next.

“This is meant to be a temporary way of getting my thoughts and ideas out to the public without the Fake News spin, but the website is not a ‘platform,’” he said in a statement. “It is merely a way of communicating until I decide on what the future will be for the choice or establishment of a platform.”

Some people in his small circle of advisers said on Wednesday that they were frustrated by his decision to shut it down. Others tried to put a more positive spin on it.

Jason Miller, an adviser, said on Twitter that the decision to suspend the blog was a precursor to Mr. Trump’s joining another social media platform.

“Yes, actually, it is,” he wrote when asked if the move meant that Mr. Trump would be returning to social media in another form. “Stay tuned!”

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I never saw it, but bet I could guess what he had to say…..
I didn’t say I knew what it said. Web traffic can be measured, and his traffic dropped significantly in three days. Galt said only liberals were aware he had a blog, I suggested that even this audience,based on traffic measurement, found little reason to return to the site, indicating boredom.
Even if I wasn’t in the rainstorm, when it is done, there will be something in the rain gauge telling me it rained.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I didn’t say I knew what it said. Web traffic can be measured, and his traffic dropped significantly in three days. Galt said only liberals were aware he had a blog, I suggested that even this audience,based on traffic measurement, found little reason to return to the site, indicating boredom.
Even if I wasn’t in the rainstorm, when it is done, there will be something in the rain gauge telling me it rained.
I was agreeing with your assessment. I never saw it - no need, we all know what it said.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I think it was unwise for Trump to start an enterprise that requires the marks to actually read anything longer than a tweet. I'm guessing his audience is, by and large, not big on reading.

This latest thing lasted about as long as most of his other business ventures.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
I think it was unwise for Trump to start an enterprise that requires the marks to actually read anything longer than a tweet. I'm guessing his audience is, by and large, not big on reading.

I don't think any of us would be surprised to find out that Trump has never read anything longer, or more in depth than a comic book, in his entire life. We know his staff couldn't get him to read a briefing paper during his four years in office.

The President Who Doesn't Read

While, like many of the tendencies described in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury, Trump’s indifference to the printed word has been apparent for some time, the depth and implications of Trump’s strong preference for oral communication over the written word demand closer examination.

“He didn’t process information in any conventional sense,” Wolff writes. “He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semi-literate.”

Wolff quotes economic adviser Gary Cohn writing in an email: “It’s worse than you can imagine … Trump won’t read anything—not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers, nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/americas-first-post-text-president/549794/

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
I don't think any of us would be surprised to find out that Trump has never read anything longer or more in depth than a comic book in his entire life. We know his staff couldn't get him to read a briefing paper during his four years in office.

While, like many of the tendencies described in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury, Trump’s indifference to the printed word has been apparent for some time, the depth and implications of Trump’s strong preference for oral communication over the written word demand closer examination.

“He didn’t process information in any conventional sense,” Wolff writes. “He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semi-literate.”

Wolff quotes economic adviser Gary Cohn writing in an email: “It’s worse than you can imagine … Trump won’t read anything—not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers, nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/americas-first-post-text-president/549794/

Nobody should be surprised that Trump can't read. And it's no wonder why the illiterate right wingers worship him.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Nobody should be surprised that Trump can't read. And it's no wonder why the illiterate right wingers worship him.

Is there any doubt that Trump paid people to write his papers and bribed teachers to give him passing grades during his two years at Fordham University and two years in the undergraduate program at Penn in the Wharton School of Business?

Mary Trump says 1968 Wharton graduate Donald Trump cheated on SAT to get into Penn​

Among the many accounts of her uncle in the book, Mary Trump wrote that Donald Trump paid a proxy to take the SAT for him to help him get into Penn, concerned that his low GPA would hinder his chances of getting accepted, according to CNN.

"That was much easier to pull off in the days before photo IDs and computerized records," Mary Trump wrote in the book obtained by Fox News. "Donald, who never lacked for funds, paid his buddy well."

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/07/donald-trump-penn-wharton-sat-cheating

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Hey, stop that!!

CRG has read all the Batman and Superman comics.

Last edited:

STPGopher

Reaction score

Yes. Just another L.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don't think any of us would be surprised to find out that Trump has never read anything longer, or more in depth than a comic book, in his entire life. We know his staff couldn't get him to read a briefing paper during his four years in office.

It was really Stephen Miller's blog. And no one cared.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that a few of the comrades here have yelled out Trump’s name instead of their wife’s. Honestly, the obsession is not only pathetic, it is flat out scary. Wow.

golf

Reaction score
Hard to even comprehend the depth of media bias/hate for an amazing presidency. Media disinformation includes Southern border, origins of china virus, smollett and sandmann, kavanaugh, hunter laptop, impeachment efforts, mayhem of summer riots, voting laws. I am sure this is a very cursory list but is height of hypocrisy for media to ban djt for disseminating "disinformation". Pot meet kettle time. Donald Trump easily wins a 2nd term given a level playing field.

Starting to see a move in the media to openly promote media bias under the guise of truth. Lester Holt said it is not important anymore to show both sides anymore, but to show the truth. Even on gh trump voters are starting to be referred to as deplorables by libs, idea is elites are needed to rule.

Media is nothing more than an arm of the democratic party at this point. Was kinda nice for biden that he didnt even have to campaign last fall. Maybe that will be the new norm for dem candidates - just stay out of the way and let the media run their campaigns.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Once in a while, if you stand in front of a beehive, you will get stung just for standing there. Every time you poke the hive with a stick, you will be stung.
Don enjoyed poking the hive. In the meantime, he convinced his followers that the only source of truth was himself.
Quite a trick.

beatles

Reaction score
Whining about the media is for weaklings. Trump did all of Biden’s campaigning. All Joe had to do was stay out if his way. Choose better people to run.
This is exactly right. Trump lost because most Americans don’t like him and more importantly disagree with him.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that a few of the comrades here have yelled out Trump’s name instead of their wife’s. Honestly, the obsession is not only pathetic, it is flat out scary. Wow.
Did he yell back at you? 😍😍😘😘😘😍😍😍

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Hard to even comprehend the depth of media bias/hate for an amazing presidency. Media disinformation includes Southern border, origins of china virus, smollett and sandmann, kavanaugh, hunter laptop, impeachment efforts, mayhem of summer riots, voting laws. I am sure this is a very cursory list but is height of hypocrisy for media to ban djt for disseminating "disinformation". Pot meet kettle time. Donald Trump easily wins a 2nd term given a level playing field.

Starting to see a move in the media to openly promote media bias under the guise of truth. Lester Holt said it is not important anymore to show both sides anymore, but to show the truth. Even on gh trump voters are starting to be referred to as deplorables by libs, idea is elites are needed to rule.

Media is nothing more than an arm of the democratic party at this point. Was kinda nice for biden that he didnt even have to campaign last fall. Maybe that will be the new norm for dem candidates - just stay out of the way and let the media run their campaigns.
When do we insurrect?
I've seen the light!!!

Top Bottom