Trump Impeachment #2 Trial

GopherJake

Reaction score
Amazing what our media has morphed into.

To be clear here, the disgraced ex-President's son posted this to make the media look bad and Putts From the Left Side of the Ball reposted it because he felt it illustrated something bad about the media.

Uh, Left-sy, it definitely illustrated something all right, but not what you and the moron son of the disgraced ex-President think it did. What an unhinged piece of work that lawyer is.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I don’t think of you as a person with particularly Republican views as much as a person who doesn’t like Democrats. Why you carry so much water for 45 is likely due to your shared contrarian nature—fellow outsiders.
Doesn't like Democrats? Dont care for R's either. Cant quite seem to get it through your head that both are the problem. Both are disgusting examples of how poor our elected operate.

Carry water? Nope, just agree with a lot of the polices he put in place. Standing up to China. Security at the border. USA $$$$$ going for rubbish - Paris Accord, Shill Pauli? Need more?

You are a transparent feller, shill pauli. Had you pegged long ago.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I think most people weren’t surprised by the outcome but that’s what makes it disappointing. This just reiterated for me how much “party before country” exists. This should have been an easy guilty verdict. Criminal charges will be brought against him and they should of course.

The irony in all of this is Trump continues to divide the Republican Party which in turn makes Democrats even stronger.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Is that the reason for the meltdowns on MSM and here on GH?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Doesn't like Democrats? Dont care for R's either. Cant quite seem to get it through your head that both are the problem. Both are disgusting examples of how poor our elected operate.

Carry water? Nope, just agree with a lot of the polices he put in place. Standing up to China. Security at the border. USA $$$$$ going for rubbish - Paris Accord, Shill Pauli? Need more?

You are a transparent feller, shill pauli. Had you pegged long ago.
Not in the literal sense, for those wondering.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You're worried that scenario might play itself out if Trump is convicted? Seriously? You're worried about that because that would be the precedent if Trump is convicted. Wow.

Are you at all concerned about the precedent that is actually about to be set?

Here is the new precedent, being set right now:
a President has been defeated in his re-election campaign; he then screams that the election was "rigged" and "stolen", without presenting any evidence of his claims. He files dozens of groundless lawsuits, all of which are laughed out of court. He attempts — blatantly — to intimidate election officials in swing states to overturn the election results in his favor. When that, too, fails, he calls down his mob to meet him in Washington on the day the election results are to be certified and sends them "down Pennsylvania Avenue" to do... well, to do exactly what we watched them proceed to do.

Some of his misfits and crazies are arrested. But Trump walks away, with no repercussions.

You prefer that precedent?
Apologies for the late reply.

I wanted Trump to be convicted. There were good arguments for why he was guilty, and for why he should be barred from holding the office ever again.

I just disagree with the small point that he anticipated, planned for, had advanced knowledge of, and still provoked into happening, a physical break-in of the Capitol and taking Pence and senators hostage.

If they had actually tried to plan for that to happen, then it wouldn't have worked. They're too bumbling. They're F ups. They would've screwed it up royally. That's all.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
But I am convinced he wanted them to break into the capitol to DELAY the counting of the electoral votes. Trump was desperate for additional time so that Rudy Giuliani and Pillow Man could produce evidence of electoral fraud in the swing states.
Also apologies for my late reply to this.

I disagree with this, only in the purest technical sense. I don't think he anticipated or planned for them to do anything other than physically walk over from the rally to the Capital and just be unrestful and loud, perhaps spurring on senators and Pence to "do the right thing" and overturn the election.

Members of Trump's staff where shocked at how excited he was when his followers actually managed to break into the U.S. Capitol and delay the vote count.
Yes, this happened. And I think it actually proves my point. Why would he be shocked, if he planned for this to happen?

Don't get me wrong. I think he thought it was a great thing. That "patriots" were doing what needed to be done to not allow the "steal" from happening.

Because he literally is too stupid and unaware to realize how big of a deal it was and how illegal it was, but most of all (and of course) how badly it could come back on him.

Then Trump started receiving calls from senators, representatives, and members of his own administration pleading with him to go on TV to try to stop the riot. He did absolutely nothing for hours. That delay itself is grounds for impeaching a president for violating their oath to "preserve, protect and defend" the country.

There is very little doubt the insurrection would not have happened without Trump imploring his followers for weeks to take action to prevent the fraudulent election from being certified. It was not a coincidence that the rally was planned for Jan 6 just prior to the counting of the electoral votes. And then Trump did nothing to try to stop the riot once he saw what was happening.

At a bare minimum, Trump is guilty of being an accessory to the Jan 6 Insurrection against the U.S. Capitol for his organizing of the rally and use of "fighting words" to call his followers to action prior to the riot, and his delay in trying to stop them after it began despite the many calls he received requesting him to do so.
With you 100% on all this. Once it did happen, I agree he was happy to go along with it. He dragged his feet on lifting a finger to try to stop it.

And agree 100% that that in of itself is a perfectly good argument for why he should have been convicted.

I realize I might come off as absurdly pedantic for splitting hairs like this. I don't mean to, truly. It just sticks out to me as a point of contention, for some reason.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Naive. Trump envies dictators around the world. He longs to have what they have. And this was his way of trying to get it. He wanted them to stop that certification. Do what you have to, but stop it. Fight like hell!
Sorry for the late reply. I'm with you in spirit, I'm here for your passion.

Like McConnell said, he is of course guilty for provoking them with the lie. All of that.

It was a minor point, and one which I don't believe at all absolved him of conviction.

jamiche

Reaction score
"None of them accepted" is a funny way to say "They are all cowards."
The repubs don't want to get assassinated. The office holders have lost control of the rabid mongrel donalds. The don't want to answer for their actions and they don't want to answer their consciences.

Top Bottom