Trump Impeachment #2 Trial

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I’m not sure what your point is here. If it is to shame me for not saying that some states count absentee ballots in before Election Day, I think I have addressed that. My next R Villian? You seem to be under the impression that my objection to 45 was what party he belonged to.
Of course. Carry on.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Is Mitch McConnell not Republican after criticizing 45?
Mitch is the epitome of swamp creature. A truly disgusting man. Right along with Nancy, Chuck, and Schiff.

As I have said time and again, for decades, left pocket or right pocket are all the same. But make sure and paint me as an ardent R, along with your tribe of D loving shills.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Lucky for them all those people are protected under the 1st amendment, amirite?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Lucky for them all those people are protected under the 1st amendment, amirite?

What nonsense, and you know it.

Great week. Trump beats impeachment. Dems in disarray. The Lincoln Project burnt to the ground. The RINOS in the GOP establishment exposed & collapsing. Cuomo & Dem Govs in free fall. The media depressed and lashing out at Dems for their impeachment fail. #MAGA ascending again!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Mitch is the epitome of swamp creature. A truly disgusting man. Right along with Nancy, Chuck, and Schiff.

As I have said time and again, for decades, left pocket or right pocket are all the same. But make sure and paint me as an ardent R, along with your tribe of D loving shills.
I don’t think of you as a person with particularly Republican views as much as a person who doesn’t like Democrats. Why you carry so much water for 45 is likely due to your shared contrarian nature—fellow outsiders.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Is Mitch McConnell not Republican after criticizing 45?
What is a Republican?

I think what McConnell unquestionably is ... is a man feverishly trying to save whatever it is that Republicans used to be, and he has been his whole career.

He did what he thought he had to do. He refused to bring back the senate to start the trial early, which then allowed him to say that there wouldn't be enough time to do the trial before Trump left and so could they please delay until Feb, and then which allowed him to conclude yesterday that Trump was guilty but he could not legally vote that way because Trump already had left.

He had the whole play mapped out from the start.

Must've decided that there was a better chance of the GOP surviving if Trump was not convicted. So he made that happen. If he thought otherwise, Trump would have been convicted yesterday. He could've brought himself and 9 others, no problem, if he wanted that.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Democrat voters have the President, Senate and House ... and they're still just as hateful, angry, bitter and completely miserable as they were before the election. Born to whine 24/7.
Losers are losers, regardless of whether or not they win. This is nothing new

Spoofin

Reaction score
I really think those upset are focussing on the wrong thing. Even if convicted, there was no real consequence to Trump. He isn't running in 4-years anyway - and if he did (which he won't), he will lose again. You're getting hung up on him being "aquitted", but the end result is the same.

The focus should always have been on a criminal charge. Put him in a real court. The senate is not a real court which is why their ruling has no teeth for a private citizen. If they would have convicted him your valentine's day wouldn't be any different - nor would Trumps.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

Great week. Trump beats impeachment. Dems in disarray. The Lincoln Project burnt to the ground. The RINOS in the GOP establishment exposed & collapsing. Cuomo & Dem Govs in free fall. The media depressed and lashing out at Dems for their impeachment fail. #MAGA ascending again!

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I really think those upset are focussing on the wrong thing. Even if convicted, there was no real consequence to Trump. He isn't running in 4-years anyway - and if he did (which he won't), he will lose again. You're getting hung up on him being "aquitted", but the end result is the same.

The focus should always have been on a criminal charge. Put him in a real court. The senate is not a real court which is why their ruling has no teeth for a private citizen. If they would have convicted him your valentine's day wouldn't be any different - nor would Trumps.
Political theater, start to finish. Nothing more. But hey, it made some people feel better for a while. Look how excited the folks here were able to get for a few weeks. They've never been happier in their lives.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
We should start giving Trump acquittal trophies, and see if he can collect more rings than Brady!

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Nearly 140,000 voters left GOP in 25 states in January

Nearly 140,000 voters left the Republican Party in 25 states in January, according to an analysis of public voting records obtained by The Hill. Some of the steepest drops in Republican Party affiliation were seen in California, where more than 33,000 registered voters left the GOP; Pennsylvania, where more than 12,000 voters defected; and Arizona, where more than 10,000 Republicans changed their voter registration. And while California has morphed into a reliably blue state, Pennsylvania and Arizona are key battlegrounds where Republicans need support.

The defections build off of figures reported earlier in January by The Hill, which also showed significantly more Republicans leaving their party than Democrats. Last month’s figures underscored the accelerating shift in the suburbs, which had leaned conservative but experienced a shift to the left during the Trump administration. High-profile defectors said they could not remain in a party that had stuck so closely to Trump, who used controversial language and strayed from Republican orthodoxy on subjects like free trade.

In Arizona, 10,174 Republicans have changed their party registration since the attack as the state party has shifted ever further to the right, as reflected by its decision to censure three Republicans — Gov. Doug Ducey, former Senator Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain — for various acts deemed disloyal to Mr. Trump. The party continues to raise questions about the 2020 election, and last week Republicans in the State Legislature backed arresting elections officials from Maricopa County for refusing to comply with wide-ranging subpoenas for election equipment and materials.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...40000-voters-left-gop-in-25-states-in-january

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/us/politics/republicans-leaving-party.html

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Nearly 140,000 voters left GOP in 25 states in January

Nearly 140,000 voters left the Republican Party in 25 states in January, according to an analysis of public voting records obtained by The Hill. Some of the steepest drops in Republican Party affiliation were seen in California, where more than 33,000 registered voters left the GOP; Pennsylvania, where more than 12,000 voters defected; and Arizona, where more than 10,000 Republicans changed their voter registration. And while California has morphed into a reliably blue state, Pennsylvania and Arizona are key battlegrounds where Republicans need support.

The defections build off of figures reported earlier in January by The Hill, which also showed significantly more Republicans leaving their party than Democrats. Last month’s figures underscored the accelerating shift in the suburbs, which had leaned conservative but experienced a shift to the left during the Trump administration. High-profile defectors said they could not remain in a party that had stuck so closely to Trump, who used controversial language and strayed from Republican orthodoxy on subjects like free trade.

In Arizona, 10,174 Republicans have changed their party registration since the attack as the state party has shifted ever further to the right, as reflected by its decision to censure three Republicans — Gov. Doug Ducey, former Senator Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain — for various acts deemed disloyal to Mr. Trump. The party continues to raise questions about the 2020 election, and last week Republicans in the State Legislature backed arresting elections officials from Maricopa County for refusing to comply with wide-ranging subpoenas for election equipment and materials.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...40000-voters-left-gop-in-25-states-in-january

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/us/politics/republicans-leaving-party.html

Not the president of the CFR!? Wow. Considering what outstanding work the CFR has done with foreign policy and foreign interventions, highlighted by the great job he did with the W administration which put on a clinic for how to peacefully spread democracy in the Middle East. This is proof that the GOP is a cult now and we must support the Dems and China.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

74F6C9EF-74D8-41B2-939C-3320BE200D6F.jpeg

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

I think most people weren’t surprised by the outcome but that’s what makes it disappointing. This just reiterated for me how much “party before country” exists. This should have been an easy guilty verdict. Criminal charges will be brought against him and they should of course.

The irony in all of this is Trump continues to divide the Republican Party which in turn makes Democrats even stronger.

GopherJake

Reaction score
The irony in all of this is Trump continues to divide the Republican Party which in turn makes Democrats even stronger.
It's very difficult to understand why anyone would hook their wagon to the Trump train when it is so blatantly obvious he is a pus-filled hemorrhaging cancer. Every last one of them in support of that clown needs to get his dick knocked in the dirt. The trial of Don Trump is over. The evidence is all in. Don is undeniably a complete dickwad and a traitor. He tried to rip apart our democratic institutions and he failed. He skated on this step on technicality - nothing else - make no mistake about that. You folks still supporting, excusing, yeahbutting and defending him need to take a look back, because the train is behind you and you are about to get run over.

Top Bottom