Trump Impeachment #2 Trial

howeda7

Reaction score
]
They aren’t. But both have historically been done in a day.
Wrong. Again. And PA and other states asked to be allowed to count absentee ballots early and were denied by the GOP legislature. They wanted this to happen exactly as it did.

howeda7

Reaction score
This is what I mean by the QOP sabotaging our country. They readily hold government and our people hostage to get their way over the Dems, as the QOP cares nothing at all about the people and just uses us as pawns. It's little more than blackmail.

Probably time for the Dems to play hardball as retribution, including threatening to subpoena QOP Congressmen to testify under oath in public and threatening to reconstitute the Supreme Court if they continue their shenanigans.
Manchin and Sinema need to get some backbone. It's time to gut the filibuster and give the Trumpsters cult a taste of its own medicine.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It was a very clear impeachable offense. It’s that simple IMO. Criminal charges will be filed, this doesn’t stop that.
Law professor from George Mason. I think he provides a pretty good perspective of all this.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
McConnell, Denouncing Trump After Voting to Acquit, Says His Hands Were Tied
The top Senate Republican gave his most damning condemnation of Donald Trump, but said the Senate had no power to convict an ex-president. He had refused to try Mr. Trump while he remained in office.

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell said he believed that Donald J. Trump was undeniably guilty of a “disgraceful dereliction of duty” on Jan. 6, when he incited and then failed to do anything to halt a deadly assault on the Capitol.
“There’s no question — none — that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day,” Mr. McConnell, the Kentucky Republican and minority leader, declared Saturday afternoon in an anti-Trump diatribe so scathing that it could have been delivered by any of the nine House prosecutors seeking a conviction.
But minutes before he spoke, when it came time for the most powerful Republican in Washington to hold Mr. Trump to account on the charge of causing the riot, Mr. McConnell said his hands were tied. It could not be done, he argued. He voted to acquit.
“We have no power to convict and disqualify a former officeholder who is now a private citizen,” Mr. McConnell, who said he reached that conclusion after “intense reflection,” said as he delivered a lawyerly explanation on the limits of Senate power.

----------------------------

Gee... I wonder if McConnell's words will be presented on FOX, NewsMax, or OANN?????

jamiche

Reaction score
Each state has different rules for absentee ballots. Many states process them before Election Day.
We thought you were done with this thread, salty galty. You can't quit a losing argument--just like melvin.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Coli Jost take is good...
Like so many other men living in Florida, Donald Trump has once again escaped from justice. This has to be the dumbest trial I’ve ever seen. Here’s how dumb it was: The jurors, who are deciding the case, were the ones attacked by defendant. The trial took place at the scene of the crime. And then right after the trial ended, one of the jurors who voted to acquit Trump ran out and said, “Someone’s got to prosecute this guy. He did it. This man belongs in jail.” What are you going to do? If you’re going to impeach the president for anything, don’t you think it’s sending a mob to kill the Vice President? I feel bad for Pence — 43 of his work friends were like, oh come on, Mike, they only tried to hang you. Stop being such a drama queen. I think it would be hilarious if Biden now sent rioters back into the Capitol. And he was like, What? You guys said it was fine.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Republicans who acquitted Trump put their careers over duty, honor and the Constitution - Bending a knee to the Cult of Trump

The acquittal of Donald Trump proved, with final certainty, that the Republicans are driven only by ambition and comfort and self-interest and the Constitution be damned.

For all of their complaints about “The Swamp,” these GOP careerists are creatures of Washington. No matter where they were born, they are now the squires of Northern Virginia and Georgetown and they are not going back.

For all their populist bravado about how the “elites” hate the Real Americans, no one is more elitist and hates Real America as much as the Republicans who will do anything rather than risk being sent home to live among them.

These opportunists will never do anything that might incur even so much as the remote risk of a primary challenge. They have made it and they are staying where they are. Exile from the District of Columbia is not for them. If bending the knee yet one more time to the Cult of Donald Trump keeps them motoring along the Rock Creek Parkway while taking in the vista of the Potomac, it is a price they will gladly pay.

https://www.usatoday.com/opinion/

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Mitch shows he's still a spineless coward.

I think you lefties are failing to understand the difference between the constitutionality of this impeachment, appropriate investigation, due process for the accused, appropriate evidentiary arguments, and any potential criminality of a private citizen versus a purely political impeachment and ploy by Pelosi, Schumer, and the Democrats.

Section2

Reaction score
43 Spineless, anti-American POS's who don't deserve to hold public office. Fuck Donald Trump, fuck them, and fuck the fucking Americans who continue to support him.

Fuck you.
That’s it. One last TDS tantrum. Let it all out.

Section2

Reaction score
This started in 2006 or perhaps earlier. The Tea Party accelerated it and Trump completed the takeover of the party.

They now own the GOP and I don't know how that gets fixed except at the ballot box. The next time they have complete control they will attempt to establish permenent one party rule. It almost worked this time. Might as well try again. Their base is shrinking. Time is short.
Mitt Romney and McCain accelerated it, right?

Section2

Reaction score
Once again, I am impressed with Ben Sasse who represents a conservative person with true integrity. He would be a fine President who would unify this nation much like Ronal Reagan in the 80s.
There is no uniting. See Jammers post following yours. They want you dead, but will settle for your submission.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Wow. The stupidest post I’ve read in a while. A complete lack of understanding of the Constitution, the founding fathers design to avoid purely political impeachment Senate convictions, and a criminal violation of the law against perjury under oath.

A unique trifecta.

cncmin

Reaction score
Good for him. Mr. Cassidy never spoke up during all the lies and corruption of the Trump years when speaking up could have made a big difference, but his actions this past week showed he has a lot more courage than 43 of his coworkers.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
There's a difference between posting something stupid, which is right in our Donalds' bandwidth, and posting something wrong.

Even though Cuomo screwed up, he still did a better job than trump. Micro brain would have done a better job than trump. Biden's dogs would have done a better job than trump and micro brain, though not Cuomo.
But TRUMP!!!!!!

YOU made the most ignorant statement in all GH history, poobah! Now run away.....perhaps you should hide out with Andrew? Perhaps Chris the other liar will join you?

Check out his gem from our very own Poobah, Jam Jam himself:

3/23/20

"If you want straight talk out of a political leader, including discussions on restarting the economy as quickly and efficiently as feasible, check out any Andrew Cuomo daily briefing. He's on top of everything in NY, speaks in specifics (none of this "under the bold and decisive leadership of President Trump..." crap that Pence vomits daily) and he's realistic on the expectations front. If the management of this crisis could be turned over to Cuomo, Fauci and Birx, the country would be in better shape."

Own this one Poobah!!!!

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You can sell out for whatever price you want; next time you should consider getting a return.

You don’t know my politics. You don’t have the capacity.
Oooh. Another superior asshat.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
SMart Shill Pauli knew that and argued it a few months ago. Now this.......
Um, yes. Some do. And those that do had them counted. Remember that Mr. Galt‘s complaint was that it took longer this time.
Are you both so contrarian that you are arguing it didn’t take longer this time? Or simply offering a helpful admonition that the original complaint only applies to some states and not others? If the latter, I concur.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Um, yes. Some do. And those that do had them counted. Remember that Mr. Galt‘s complaint was that it took longer this time.
Are you both so contrarian that you are arguing it didn’t take longer this time? Or simply offering a helpful admonition that the original complaint only applies to some states and not others? If the latter, I concur.
And........this is what you said:

"Actually, no. Absentee ballots have always lagged. They didn’t used to decide elections, so no one noticed."

One more shill pauli lie and double down on rubbish. Who is your net R villain, shill pauli? You should probably call it now so we have a record.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
And........this is what you said:

"Actually, no. Absentee ballots have always lagged. They didn’t used to decide elections, so no one noticed."

One more shill pauli lie and double down on rubbish. Who is your net R villain, shill pauli? You should probably call it now so we have a record.
I’m not sure what your point is here. If it is to shame me for not saying that some states count absentee ballots in before Election Day, I think I have addressed that. My next R Villian? You seem to be under the impression that my objection to 45 was what party he belonged to.

Top Bottom