Trump Impeachment #2 Trial

cncmin

Reaction score
Not an unexpected result. And it was time to end it. Knowing that Trump did squat to save them should have nudged a few votes, but he’s apparently still in charge.
It’s easy to say big whoopie when your life wasn’t in danger on Jan 6. This process is also exposing all the people that continue to defend Trump as if he did nothing wrong.

There is zero reason this process can’t happen and he be tried in court. It’s important for everyone to know exactly what happened that day.
This MUST be tried in court. Crazy Rudy, Brooks, DTJ need to be implicated as well. Other immediate cases to watch: election intimidation in GA, MI, PA, and elsewhere (includes Graham), tax crimes in NY and federal (the Trump family). I expect a bunch to come down from the state levels now that corruption (by the R Party) has been exposed so badly at the federal level.

howeda7

Reaction score
Bummer. I'm convinced you can do anything in government without consequence now.

Being banned from Twitter was the most action we got lol.
Perhaps Biden should take McConnell and Dick Cheney on a "unity" hunting trip.

cncmin

Reaction score
Not an unexpected result. And it was time to end it. Knowing that Trump did squat to save them should have nudged a few votes, but he’s apparently still in charge.
Curious as to why you think it was time to end it. Not that you're wrong, just asking.

cncmin

Reaction score
Cuomo should be criticized, investigated and punished. Democrats have been very critical of him.
CNN, where his brother has a primetime show, has had quite a bit of news on Cuomo's issues, including criticism from the opinion folks there (i.e., his brother's friends). For comparison, four years of Trump abuse and criminality were ignored by FNC. FNC even cut out on covering his second impeachment.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
This proceeding isn’t handing out any repercussions. Even if they convict him in Congress (which seems unlikely) the consequence is he can’t run for office again. Big Woopie. That ain’t gonna happen anyways.

If you want repercussions for someone who isn’t holding an official position, it would need to come from a court of law. Congress has no teeth here. Everyone knows how they are going to vote so just vote and then get back to your real jobs. This proceeding is just posturing.
Do their real jobs consist of going for a week's recess/vacation? I'm not sure, so I'm asking.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
CNN, where his brother has a primetime show, has had quite a bit of news on Cuomo's issues, including criticism from the opinion folks there. For comparison, four years of Trump abuse and criminality were ignored by FNC. FNC even cut out on covering his second impeachment.
Haha, CRINGY you are a total knob. Possibly the dumbest Lefty on GH.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
It’s easy to say big whoopie when your life wasn’t in danger on Jan 6. This process is also exposing all the people that continue to defend Trump as if he did nothing wrong.

There is zero reason this process can’t happen and he be tried in court. It’s important for everyone to know exactly what happened that day.
Was AOC life in danger GII? Oh that’s right, you missed her lie!!!!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Curious as to why you think it was time to end it. Not that you're wrong, just asking.
Overnight, you have McCartthy‘s phone call leaked, and Pence aides leaking. The President did not stop the riot at the request of a high ranking Republican congressman, and Pence knew the President knew he was in peril, but did nothing. This was huge! And yet, there remains the procedural out, which can be taken EVEN IF all this is known.
Actually listen to McConnell’s speech above. It’s a concise, damning, accurate story of how Trump is responsible for this whole event, and yet, he voted no. It’s a good listen, take the nine minutes to do so. Fans of Trump would do well to listen as well. And yet, he could not vote guilty or compel anybody else to do so.
There are pressing needs of the country, we have a new President, let’s start getting things done.

cncmin

Reaction score
Overnight, you have McCartthy‘s phone call leaked, and Pence aides leaking. The President did not stop the riot at the request of a high ranking Republican congressman, and Pence knew the President knew he was in peril, but did nothing. This was huge! And yet, there remains the procedural out, which can be taken EVEN IF all this is known.
Actually listen to McConnell’s speech above. It’s a concise, damning, accurate story of how Trump is responsible for this whole event, and yet, he voted no. It’s a good listen, take the nine minutes to do so. Fans of Trump would do well to listen as well. And yet, he could not vote guilty or compel anybody else to do so.
There are pressing needs of the country, we have a new President, let’s start getting things done.
I hear your point and don't fully disagree. IMO, there are indeed pressing needs of this country, but arguably the biggest is bringing back truth and facts as a centerpoint of policy. The travashamockery of today almost guarantees that the QOP will remain lock-goosestep with the Trump anti-reality cult through at least the next election; and probably indicates that instead of stopping their my-way-or-we'll-sabotage-the-country attitude, they'll continue it. Our country has fallen quickly from our peak as a world leader in the mid-90s to today due almost entirely to the QOP's heavily partisan stance, and instead of trying to better us, the QOP will continue to tear us apart for their own personal gains. I hope my sense of hopelessness is wrongly placed.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
NOW it’s time to address the pressing needs!!!!

Wow. Shill.

howeda7

Reaction score
I hear your point and don't fully disagree. IMO, there are indeed pressing needs of this country, but arguably the biggest is bringing back truth and facts as a centerpoint of policy. The travashamockery of today almost guarantees that the QOP will remain lock-goosestep with the Trump anti-reality cult through at least the next election; and probably indicates that instead of stopping their my-way-or-we'll-sabotage-the-country attitude, they'll continue it. Our country has fallen quickly from our peak as a world leader in the mid-90s to today, even if there was a hiatus in that fall from 2008 to 2015, and instead of trying to better us, the QOP will continue to tear us apart for their own personal gains. I hope my sense of hopelessness is wrongly placed.
You might be right. But I don't think dragging this out for weeks with witnesses would have changed anything. The vote would still be the same and the public would tune out the longer it goes.

Everyone knows what he did. 60% are disgusted. The 20% deepest in Trump's cult are thrilled and the other 20% are cowards and frauds bowing to the cult.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I hear your point and don't fully disagree. IMO, there are indeed pressing needs of this country, but arguably the biggest is bringing back truth and facts as a centerpoint of policy. The travashamockery of today almost guarantees that the Republicans will remain lock-goose-step with the Trump anti-reality cult through at least the next election; and probably indicates that instead of stopping their my-way-or-we'll-sabotage-the-country attitude, they'll continue it. Our country has fallen quickly from our peak as a world leader in the mid-90s to today, and instead of trying to better us, they will continue to tear us apart for their own personal gains. I hope my sense of hopelessness is wrongly placed.
I think the folks who think MAGA is the way forward do it at their own peril.
As a movement it needed 100 percent retention to get a nationwide office. It failed in November, and despite today’s events, it has enough stink on it to bury it for awhile. People won’t forget whose merch people were wearing during the Capitol assault, and when they soon go to trial, they will tell the world who sent them.
Ted Cruz, and all the folks who want to be the heir to MAGA are catching the caboose of the train.
Honestly, do any of us think Trump is really going to be a political force going forward? He’s gonna flake, and go play golf and make some money doing TV.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s like Benghazi, if the bad guys were assembled by the people in charge.
Who promoted the Arab Spring? Try as much as you want, our Executive leaders have done some shitty stuff.

cncmin

Reaction score
You might be right. But I don't think dragging this out for weeks with witnesses would have changed anything. The vote would still be the same and the public would tune out the longer it goes.

Everyone knows what he did. 60% are disgusted. The 20% deepest in Trump's cult are thrilled and the other 20% are cowards and frauds bowing to the cult.
I'm not just saying any witnesses, I'm saying subpeona the cohorts and people close to those cohorts to testify under oath. That's fine if they want to end this particular impeachment process early, but if they don't pull at least a small portion of the ridiculousness that was the Benghazi hearings here on the shameless QOPers involved in the insurrection, then they are blowing both a massive political opportunity and blowing the opportunity for those folks to be exposed for what they did. At this point, most Americans have no idea how much anyone other than DJT himself was involved in the election intimidation or the attempted insurrection, and that's a damn shame.

howeda7

Reaction score
I'm not just saying any witnesses, I'm saying subpeona the cohorts and people close to those cohorts to testify under oath. That's fine if they want to end this particular impeachment process early, but if they don't pull at least a small portion of the ridiculousness that was the Benghazi hearings here on the shameless QOPers involved in the insurrection, then they are blowing both a massive political opportunity and blowing the opportunity for those folks to be exposed for what they did. At this point, most Americans have no idea how much anyone other than DJT himself was involved in the election intimidation or the attempted insurrection, and that's a damn shame.
There is almost certainly going to be House /Senate hearings about what happened that day, how the CPD got overwhelmed etc. And the DOJ will proceed as well.

cncmin

Reaction score
There is almost certainly going to be House /Senate hearings about what happened that day, how the CPD got overwhelmed etc. And the DOJ will proceed as well.
There is some pleasure in seeing the moronic criminals who are getting arrested for their parts in the insurrection getting prosecuted while they see those who brainwashed and betrayed them corruptly keep each other out of trouble; that being hopefully many of those who were betrayed actually wake up and realize how badly they were used as pawns.

howeda7

Reaction score
There is some pleasure in seeing the moronic criminals who are getting arrested for their parts in the insurrection getting prosecuted while they see those who brainwashed and betrayed them corruptly keep each other out of trouble; that being hopefully many of those who were betrayed actually wake up and realize they were used as pawns.
Most of them still think Trump is retaking office on March the 4th.

cncmin

Reaction score
Most of them still think Trump is retaking office on March the 4th.
Maybe this is a case where every individual who actually snaps out of the trance is a moral victory? Waking up and rejecting the cult is pretty much like saving one's own life...

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Away from the White House doctors and raging in private, no actuary is going to allow any agent to sell Trump a four year policy.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Point being, don’t worry too much. DJT is not going to be President again.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'm less afraid of Trump and more afraid of the QOP cult, in general.
Honestly, the cure is to end the pandemic and get people working. It will cure a lot. Boredom and idleness kill the soul. People need to be able to eat pizza, go to school and watch football.
We are all going collectively nuts with too much time on our hands.

Top Bottom