Trump has Covid (...or does he?)

Nax5

Reaction score
I agree with that to a degree; at the very least that says that the person has bad judgment. Now I don't feel that way about someone who voted for him in 2016 but realized that he or she can't vote for him again. Anybody can make a mistake but you shouldn't make the same mistake after all this information.
That's fair. I think 2016 was permissible on the grounds of ignorance or "wanting something new". But I don't think there is any excuse now.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
We all know what the politically correct answers are. If you’re a Democrat and someone asks you, you answer yes.

These are self-reported surveys as opposed to observations. If they observed someone not wearing a mask and asked their party affiliation, I contend the differences would be minimal and similar to the Pew #2 study results.

And that survey #2 by proves my previous claim that the vast majority of Americans, regardless of party affiliation, are wearing masks.
What you originally posted was not an observation either. You seem to be saying these surveys are valid when you’re making your point but then all of a sudden mean nothing when I try to make a point.

If observations are the true way to determine this, then open your eyes and observe the political events we’re seeing.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Yes, and there is a large percentage of the population who does know someone who either died, or was hospitalized, or was pretty sick and had lingering effects for many weeks afterward.

Why do you assume that your knowledge is the only one that should matter?
People can get sick for several weeks during a typical cold/flu season every year.

So far .065% of the US population has died with COVID. Simple math suggests there are far more people who don't know anyone who has died with COVID, than those who do know someone.

MennoSota

Reaction score
It should make you ask what kind of person Trump is that he would make people feel that way. If someone was hoping for my suffering or death, I must have messed up pretty bad.
Trump's no saint, but the record shows he has helped many people have a job. That's simply a fact. When comparing bad president's, Trump isn't even in the bottom 20.

justthefacts

Reaction score
We all know what the politically correct answers are. If you’re a Democrat and someone asks you, you answer yes.

These are self-reported surveys as opposed to observations. If they observed someone not wearing a mask and asked their party affiliation, I contend the differences would be minimal and similar to the Pew #2 study results.

And that survey #2 by proves my previous claim that the vast majority of Americans, regardless of party affiliation, are wearing masks.
KGF: "non-existent proof that you have put forth that Democrats wear masks more compliantly? "
GII: Here's 4 polls
KGF: You can't believe polls

I do like the idea that the polls totally undercount Trump voters because Republicans are afraid to tell the truth to pollsters, but ALSO polls totally overcount Democrats wearing masks because Republicans are the only ones willing to tell the truth to pollsters.

Wally

Reaction score
Comments like this make me wonder when the last time liberals have left social media and went out and done normal things in the real world.

There is a huge portion of the population that doesn't know anyone who has been seriously ill or died from COVID, and view voting democrat as voting for continued restrictions and another potential lock down, or voting republican with the hopes of getting freedom and a sense of full normalcy back.
I don't know anyone who has died driving drunk, so I love get a bottle and go cruising....

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What you originally posted was not an observation either. You seem to be saying these surveys are valid when you’re making your point but then all of a sudden mean nothing when I try to make a point.

If observations are the true way to determine this, then open your eyes and observe the political events we’re seeing.
No, and your Pew survey just supports my study. The research study that I posted doesn’t have a political component to it. It didn’t ask if they were Republican or Democrat. It just asked people to respond to whether they wear a mask or not. And 78% of respondents in the US, as of late September, wear a mask.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
KGF: "non-existent proof that you have put forth that Democrats wear masks more compliantly? "

I do like the idea that the polls totally undercount Trump voters because Republicans are afraid to tell the truth to pollsters, but ALSO polls totally overcount Democrats wearing masks because Republicans are the only ones willing to tell the truth to pollsters.
See above post.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
People can get sick for several weeks during a typical cold/flu season every year.

So far .065% of the US population has died with COVID. Simple math suggests there are far more people who don't know anyone who has died with COVID, than those who do know someone.
Have some perspective. It's only been 7 months. I know this isn't anything close to the Black Death and medicine is much better now but it took the Black Death five years to kill 20 million people. If we go another year we could have at least triple the number of deaths, hospitalizations, and lingering illnesses that we do now.

By the way, I don't recall ever being sick for several weeks with the flu and I never had lingering effects on various organs for months afterward. That's what we're hearing from this disease.

howeda7

Reaction score
Don't feed KGB. He's got nothing, and he knows it. When Biden hikes the estate tax, watch how pissed KGB gets.
Since he works out while watching Fox News 12 hours/day he shouldn't worry. He'll easily make it until the new conservative party finally wins the Presidency in 2036 or so. :cool:

Wally

Reaction score
Have some perspective. It's only been 7 months. I know this isn't anything close to the Black Death and medicine is much better now but it took the Black Death five years to kill 20 million people. If we go another year we could have at least triple the number of deaths, hospitalizations, and lingering illnesses that we do now.

By the way, I don't recall ever being sick for several weeks with the flu and I never had lingering effects on various organs for months afterward. That's what we're hearing from this disease.
Swine flu had me sick about 3 days, one of which was miserable.

bga1

Reaction score

We are hearing stories. The stories are very rare. They are being used to promote fear. The virus is either stoppable and we will reach herd immunity and stop it....or we all will get it at some point. All of the manipulation and control tactics are not helping a thing and in fact these lockdowns and all the fear are doing more harm than good.

The severity of cold symptoms increases rapidly after infection, peaking within two to three days. The average duration of common cold symptoms is seven to ten days, though symptoms may be present for up to three weeks. In most cases, the common cold is a mild, self-limiting illness, although complications may occur.

howeda7

Reaction score
If only there was something, anything, a state Governor could have done to overcome all that Trump did --- but unfortunately, there was nothing they could do. Nothing.
You keep spouting the same line of BS. I have said that Walz screwed up in how he handled the nursing homes. He also adjusted his policies to new information. Something the Feds mostly failed or refused to do.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
By the way, the strongman balcony scene shows everyone who you are...or at least who you wannabe.
So now you're saying Trump wants to be more like Obama? You're a strange one, and getting stranger each day...

Livingat45north

Reaction score
It should make you ask what kind of person Trump is that he would make people feel that way. If someone was hoping for my suffering or death, I must have messed up pretty bad.
Step 3 = Blame.

howeda7

Reaction score

"%^^ no I don't wear a GD mask. I'm not a liberal pu%%y!

Who am I voting for? Oh my....I'm shy and I have to go now."

Top Bottom