Trump has Covid (...or does he?)

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Liberal Logic -- per this thread, apparently vastly improved treatments for COVID patients are now bad.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's the one simple question that no one wants to answer. What is the date of the President's last negative test ? If the answer was Wednesday, or even Tuesday, it seems releasing that would be beneficial to the President because it would show that he was attempting to act responsibly before the debate and his Wednesday Minnesota events. Not answering it would seem to indicate two possibilities. One, he tested positive before Thursday. Or two, he was not being tested at all. Both of which would be damning to his re-election chances.
That is a very valid question - and one I'm still looking for the answer to as well. DT used the "honor system" before the debate saying he had tested negative. If that isn't true or he hadn't bothered to test himself (per the rules), I think folks have a right to know that.

scools12

Reaction score
Somewhere back in this thread I expressed worry that he'd use this to double down on his downplaying of the severity of the virus, and sure enough...
Stay in your basement. I am sure someone will let you know when the all clear sign is given.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Liberal Logic -- per this thread, apparently vastly improved treatments for COVID patients are now bad.
Not just this thread. A couple weeks ago Howie spent a fair amount of time fighting that any vaccine available before the end of the year would be unsafe and only there due to Trump "pressuring". It really is amazing how folks can't be happy for something so valuable if Trump played any role at all.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
"And the doctors, they said 'we've never seen anyone bounce back like this', they said 'every one else with these symptoms, they didn't make it'".

"It's remarkable. They said that".

(Just a prediction. I'm glad he's feeling better).

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
B/c there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that Trump has encouraged large crowds to gather other than those at his rallies,
Well him having those large gatherings in the first place has had consequences. Isn’t that what you were asking for. And you’re really naive if you don’t think there are Trump supporters that think it’s fine to be a part of large gatherings because Trump himself clearly thinks it’s ok.

which everyone is provided a mask if they so choose, hand sanitizer, and all of which occur outside. And people attend at their free will.
Not sure how that’s relevant to what we’re talking about unless you really think thousands of people would have gathered together even if Trump wasn’t there.

I have attended small gatherings, mostly outside, where there have been plenty of Biden voters without masks. Did Trump persuade them too? In fact, at a family gathering of my wife’s family, all of whom were Biden voters, my wife and I were the only ones to wear a mask while inside, mostly b/c everyone of them was older than us.
Also completely irrelevant to the discussion. I didn’t make that claim or say anything about Biden. You were talking about Trump. Has Trump encouraged all large gatherings? Of course not. But he definitely hasn’t discouraged them and his own actions have shown to some that it’s ok.

Biden has this narrative going, but it is not proof that Democrats are more likely to wear a mask than Republicans. It’s just a theme that he is choosing to run on, that he’s been diligent about CV19 and Trump hasn’t. If Biden gets CV within the next few weeks, his candidacy will be screwed.
What world are you living in to really believe that? Virtually all complaints of wearing a mask come from the right. There are many surveys showing Democrats are more willing to wear them.

howeda7

Reaction score
20 years younger? Hot damn. Either the government is hiding the fountain of youth, or that experimental steroid cocktail has got him feeling goooood.

Almost makes getting COVID sound like a good thing.
A new tone. Now he's learned his lesson. Today he became President!

howeda7

Reaction score
Do you think that if Obama or Biden were now President and they were in the same situation, that they would only get the standard care that the average American would get?

What a f’n stupid Tweet by CNNboy and post by you.
Of course they would get extraordinary care. No one is saying Trump shouldn't. But they also wouldn't be stupid or ignorant enough to say "don't be afraid of COVID" based on his extraordinary treatment.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Well him having those large gatherings in the first place has had consequences. Isn’t that what you were asking for. And you’re really naive if you don’t think there are Trump supporters that think it’s fine to be a part of large gatherings because Trump himself clearly thinks it’s ok.

Not sure how that’s relevant to what we’re talking about unless you really think thousands of people would have gathered together even if Trump wasn’t there.

Also completely irrelevant to the discussion. I didn’t make that claim or say anything about Biden. You were talking about Trump. Has Trump encouraged all large gatherings? Of course not. But he definitely hasn’t discouraged them and his own actions have shown to some that it’s ok.

What world are you living in to really believe that? Virtually all complaints of wearing a mask come from the right. There are many surveys showing Democrats are more willing to wear them.
There is no evidence to suggest that Trump’s behavior has led to Americans unwillingness to wear a masks, except that the media and the left have repeatedly told us that. In fact, I’ve posted proof that Americans are wearing masks at a higher rate than most other countries in NA and Europe.

And how is my personal experience any less relevant than the non-existent proof that you have put forth that Democrats wear masks more compliantly?

Americans, Republican and Democrat alike, are independent people. Republicans may complain more about government restrictions or mandates to wear masks, but that doesn’t mean that Democrats are more likely to wear masks. It just means that Republicans don’t like unconstitutional government mandates.

howeda7

Reaction score
B/c there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that Trump has encouraged large crowds to gather other than those at his rallies, which everyone is provided a mask if they so choose, hand sanitizer, and all of which occur outside. And people attend at their free will.

I have attended small gatherings, mostly outside, where there have been plenty of Biden voters without masks. Did Trump persuade them too? In fact, at a family gathering of my wife’s family, all of whom were Biden voters, my wife and I were the only ones to wear a mask while inside, mostly b/c everyone of them was older than us.

Biden has this narrative going, but it is not proof that Democrats are more likely to wear a mask than Republicans. It’s just a theme that he is choosing to run on, that he’s been diligent about CV19 and Trump hasn’t. If Biden gets CV within the next few weeks, his candidacy will be screwed.
How would Biden be hurt by it any more than Trump is, espcially since that's where he's most likely to have contracted it? Nice of you to root for it though.

Also, the % of people who have already voted is too substantial to make such foolish definitive statements.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's the one simple question that no one wants to answer. What is the date of the President's last negative test ? If the answer was Wednesday, or even Tuesday, it seems releasing that would be beneficial to the President because it would show that he was attempting to act responsibly before the debate and his Wednesday Minnesota events. Not answering it would seem to indicate two possibilities. One, he tested positive before Thursday. Or two, he was not being tested at all. Both of which would be damning to his re-election chances.
That's why they'll never tell us.

howeda7

Reaction score
"And the doctors, they said 'we've never seen anyone bounce back like this', they said 'every one else with these symptoms, they didn't make it'".

"It's remarkable. They said that".

(Just a prediction. I'm glad he's feeling better).
"Dr. Conley did you say this?"

"That's ancient history from 72 hours ago yesterday. I prefer not to look backwards."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
How would Biden be hurt by it any more than Trump is, espcially since that's where he's most likely to have contracted it? Nice of you to root for it though.

Also, the % of people who have already voted is too substantial to make such foolish definitive statements.
Oh, there’s no changing the direction of the election 4 weeks before the election occurs? Interesting.

yes, Biden would be hurt b/c Dems keep saying that the reason Trump got CV was b/c he was lax. So if Biden gets it, it’s all Trump’s fault again or Biden’s?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
You guys all realize Trump isn't anywhere close to out of the woods, right? COVID-19 often lets up and then has a very nasty resurgence a few days later. We'll be on pins and needles for a week.

We'll never know if he has a bad resurgence, unless Trump goes back to the hospital. The White House isn't honest enough to tell us otherwise.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Of course they would get extraordinary care. No one is saying Trump shouldn't. But they also wouldn't be stupid or ignorant enough to say "don't be afraid of COVID" based on his extraordinary treatment.
Most 74 year olds aren’t essential government leaders required to interact with hundreds of people a day and can protect themselves to extraordinary lengths if they so choose.

This is a stupid line of argument, but what’s new.

bigticket1

Reaction score
That is a very valid question - and one I'm still looking for the answer to as well. DT used the "honor system" before the debate saying he had tested negative. If that isn't true or he hadn't bothered to test himself (per the rules), I think folks have a right to know that.
And conveniently showing up in Cleveland too late to be tested.

Top Bottom