Trump has Covid (...or does he?)

howeda7

Reaction score
Bad news for many of the libs -- looks like he'll pull through and have done so using technologies developed by the COVID response efforts.

He was quickly hospitalized with minor symptoms, received a level of care and aggressive drug combination that almost no one on else has access to. It only highlights the hypocrisy of it all. And now he's back to downplaying it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I wonder if this could have been worded better....

Wally

Reaction score
Why did we shutdown our economy?
Why could Houston Texans not sell out a dramatically reduced capacity in their stadium? it wasn't because of any dem shutdown. Why haven't I been to a bar or restaurant since February? Its not due to dems shutdowns. I am only taking minimal precautions compared to many people I know...

Nax5

Reaction score
Bad news for many of the libs -- looks like he'll pull through and have done so using technologies developed by the COVID response efforts.

20 years younger? Hot damn. Either the government is hiding the fountain of youth, or that experimental steroid cocktail has got him feeling goooood.

Almost makes getting COVID sound like a good thing.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
20 years younger? Hot damn. Either the government is hiding the fountain of youth, or that experimental steroid cocktail has got him feeling goooood.

It seems that is the next message to come out.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Why could Houston Texans not sell out a dramatically reduced capacity in their stadium? it wasn't because of any dem shutdown. Why haven't I been to a bar or restaurant since February? Its not due to dems shutdowns. I am only taking minimal precautions compared to many people I know...
Live your life.

Blizzard

Reaction score

The steroid he's on is supposed to be like prednisone on steroids. I've been on extended periods of prednisone a few times. Horrible stuff but it does give you a bit of a boost.

bigticket1

Reaction score
If the President's doctor is very willing to give every positive detail of the President's treatment, but claims HIPAA when he gets a question he doesn't want to answer, does that make him a HIPAA-crit ?

Wally

Reaction score
The steroid he's on is supposed to be like prednisone on steroids. I've been on extended periods of prednisone a few times. Horrible stuff but it does give you a bit of a boost.
Yep, corticosteroids make you feel great, not good for you tho.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This thread is comical. Dead to faking and OUTRAGE over it all. Trump is a buffoon, that isn't breaking news, but the way the same crew obsesses over and interprets everything he says is just funny.

Nax5

Reaction score
Yep, corticosteroids make you feel great, not good for you tho.
Helped my headaches. But couldn't sleep at all when I was taking em. That sucked.

scools12

Reaction score
This thread is comical. Dead to faking and OUTRAGE over it all. Trump is a buffoon, that isn't breaking news, but the way the same crew obsesses over and interprets everything he says is just funny.
It’s not surprising. We all knew this was coming from the obsessed crew. They were going to be outraged no matter what. It’s what they do.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
For needlessly exposing the Secret Service staff to COVID for a 5 minute joy ride.
The SS detail is around him everywhere, when he comes and goes from the WH to WR and back. All were wearing PPE and they were separated by a plexiglass divider.

Get it a rest!

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You can call it a game. It has to be manifested somehow into an action that has real consequences. Otherwise your claim is without validation.

So here is the fact. The US has one of the highest rates of mask wearing, and has since May, when compared to Europe and other North American countries. If Trump is discouraging mask wearing, he’s doing a lousy job of it.

View attachment 9571
How many in that 80% are doing it only because they have to? There are posters here that have said they wear a mask only when they are required to. I’m sure there are many more. They’ll wear a mask to go buy that case of Natty Light then go to a house party with 30 people there with no social distancing or masks. When asked if they wear in mask in public, people like that will almost certainly say yes.

Large gatherings and super spreader events have happened and continue to happen. He’s been directly involved with many of them and there’s little doubt those actions influenced many, many others.

Again, people like to point at Sweden as how things should be done but then ignore that they’ve had a very strict no large gatherings restriction from the beginning. Which then has practically eliminated big spreading events there. Meanwhile we just had a completely unnecessary super spreader event at the White House.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Do you think that if Obama or Biden were now President and they were in the same situation, that they would only get the standard care that the average American would get?

What a f’n stupid Tweet by CNNboy and post by you.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
How many in that 80% are doing it only because they have to? There are posters here that have said they wear a mask only when they are required to. I’m sure there are many more. They’ll wear a mask to go buy that case of Natty Light then go to a house party with 30 people there with no social distancing or masks. When asked if they wear in mask in public, people like that will almost certainly say yes.

Large gatherings and super spreader events have happened and continue to happen. He’s been directly involved with many of them and there’s little doubt those actions influenced many, many others.

Again, people like to point at Sweden as how things should be done but then ignore that they’ve had a very strict no large gatherings restriction from the beginning. Which then has practically eliminated big spreading events there. Meanwhile we just had a completely unnecessary super spreader event at the White House.
It’s the only measure that we have and the US rates among the highest between this continent and Europe.

You can spin it however you want, but it’s a fact.

The story has been that the US has been non-compliant b/c of Trump’s attitude. This proves that that theory is non-sense.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Do you think that if Obama or Biden were now President and they were in the same situation, that they would only get the standard care that the average American would get?

What a f’n stupid Tweet by CNNboy and post by you.
That’s the point. His experience and treatment isn’t the same as your average joe.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It’s the only measure that we have and the US rates among the highest between this continent and Europe.

You can spin it however you want, but it’s a fact.

The story has been that the US has been non-compliant b/c of Trump’s attitude. This proves that that theory is non-sense.
Why did you completely ignore the large gathering portion of my post? You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Trump has influenced those kinds of events.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That’s the point. His experience and treatment isn’t the same as your average joe.
But b/c of Operation Warp Speed, tens of thousands of patients who are in his risk category will have Regeneron as a possibility to treat their CV. Remdisivir is a product that has been around for some time, but it is available for patients who are deemed candidates.

So I’m not seeing the importance of that Tweet. Is socialized medicine going to provide everyone the same care that the POTUS gets? No. It will only lower the quality of care for everyone.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
But b/c of Operation Warp Speed, tens of thousands of patients who are in his risk category will have Regeneron as a possibility to treat their CV. Remdisivir is a product that has been around for some time, but it is available for patients who are deemed candidates.

So I’m not seeing the importance of that Tweet. Is socialized medicine going to provide everyone the same care that the POTUS gets? No. It will only lower the quality of care for everyone.
Was this covered under his private plan? Would yours cover it? Is some of this success due to the federal government investing in this?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why did you completely ignore the large gathering portion of my post? You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Trump has influenced those kinds of events.
B/c there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that Trump has encouraged large crowds to gather other than those at his rallies, which everyone is provided a mask if they so choose, hand sanitizer, and all of which occur outside. And people attend at their free will.

I have attended small gatherings, mostly outside, where there have been plenty of Biden voters without masks. Did Trump persuade them too? In fact, at a family gathering of my wife’s family, all of whom were Biden voters, my wife and I were the only ones to wear a mask while inside, mostly b/c everyone of them was older than us.

Biden has this narrative going, but it is not proof that Democrats are more likely to wear a mask than Republicans. It’s just a theme that he is choosing to run on, that he’s been diligent about CV19 and Trump hasn’t. If Biden gets CV within the next few weeks, his candidacy will be screwed.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Somewhere back in this thread I expressed worry that he'd use this to double down on his downplaying of the severity of the virus, and sure enough...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Was this covered under his private plan? Would yours cover it? Is some of this success due to the federal government investing in this?
Certainly Regeneron is due to the federal government assisting the production and eventual use of the product. The US paid for the manufacturer of a significant quantity of Regeneron to reduce the risk of the company and enabling them to have 50-100K courses of therapy available when it is approved.

It wouldn’t be covered on insurance until it is FDA approved and indicated based on risk group, co-morbidities, etc. Is that a surprise?

Last edited:

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Yes. He has downplayed it from day 1. He could have started preparing people in February.
By "He", do you mean "Biden" or "Trump"? Trump didn't wait until February to start preparing people, he did that in January. He stated the seriousness of COVID in the January State of the Union speech (you know, the one the libs cheered when Pelosi tore it up), and in January Trump identified the source of COVID and banned travel to the U.S. from China (you know, the travel ban that Hiden mocked and called Trump a racist for doing it and Pelosi started her "let's hang out in China town" mantra). Trump then extended the travel ban to Europe when it spread there. As all of that was happening, Trump negotiated contracts for PPE, started the effort to find treatments and vaccines (operation warp-speed), worked with U.S. firms to switch production over to ventilators, and even arranged for a hospital ship to arrive in NY. So while Trump is saying this is serious, taking action, and preparing people, Biden is saying the opposite - that it is not something to be concerned about and if you are concerned about it then you're a racist. If when you say "he" you're referring to Biden, then yes, I agree and for once you're actually telling the truth. If by "he" you're referring to "Trump", then once again you're completely wrong, just like, once again, Biden was completely wrong.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
He obviously meant for the purpose of reducing fever. He didn’t have a fever when they started dexamethasone. It was prescribed to reduce inflammation.

Geezus, it there anything related to Trump that you won’t bitch about?

bigticket1

Reaction score
It's the one simple question that no one wants to answer. What is the date of the President's last negative test ? If the answer was Wednesday, or even Tuesday, it seems releasing that would be beneficial to the President because it would show that he was attempting to act responsibly before the debate and his Wednesday Minnesota events. Not answering it would seem to indicate two possibilities. One, he tested positive before Thursday. Or two, he was not being tested at all. Both of which would be damning to his re-election chances.

Top Bottom