Trump has Covid (...or does he?)

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Does anyone believe this is legit? How could this happen - he took hydroxycloroquine!

President Donald Trump tweets he and first lady Melania Trump test positive for Covid-19

Reaction score
So the real question is - to what end is he faking participation in this 'hoax' -

A ruse to get out of the next debate?

An excuse to step down and bow out of the election race altogether, i.e. refusing to enter a fight that would end with him having an emphatic blowout 'LOSS' stamped on his record?

Playing for sympathy in the hopes of suckering up pity votes?

Conquering a fake illness so that he can emerge victorious and then heavily downplay Covid from 'personal experience', calling it weak and insignificant, but while also still simultaneously bragging about having heroically survived it and escaped the jaws of death?

Should be a fun one to see how it plays out.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Does anyone believe this is legit? How could this happen - he took hydroxycloroquine!

President Donald Trump tweets he and first lady Melania Trump test positive for Covid-19

Yes, it appears he has tested positive. And the story the media wants to run with is that he hasn’t taken CV seriously.

But that belies the fact that all of the precautions that the WH has taken, including masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc. failed to protect the President.

For some time now, the story has been that Trump is only worried about himself. Joe Biden said it the other day, telling a story about Trump telling someone to keep their distance. The media questioned why the president had all these protections and protocols that weren’t available to the public.

He doesn’t wear a mask you say, but the person that gave it to him does, Hope Hicks.

It doesn’t matter what the facts are. The media will write the narrative that reflects poorly on Trump.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So the real question is - to what end is he faking participation in this 'hoax' -

A ruse to get out of the next debate?

An excuse to step down and bow out of the election race altogether, i.e. refusing to enter a fight that would end with him having an emphatic blowout 'LOSS' stamped on his record?

Playing for sympathy in the hopes of suckering up pity votes?

Conquering a fake illness so that he can emerge victorious and then heavily downplay Covid from 'personal experience', calling it weak and insignificant, but while also still simultaneously bragging about having heroically survived it and escaped the jaws of death?

Should be a fun one to see how it plays out.
STFU!

If anyone wrote about Biden what you just wrote, the lefties here would be destroying him for being a heartless SOB.

Last edited:

USAF

Reaction score
Yes, it appears he has tested positive. And the story the media wants to run with is that he hasn’t taken CV seriously.

But that belies the fact that all of the precautions that the WH has taken, including masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc. failed to protect the President.

For some time now, the story has been that Trump is only worried about himself. Joe Biden said it the other day, telling a story about Trump telling someone to keep their distance. The media questioned why the president had all these protections and protocols that weren’t available to the public.

He doesn’t wear a mask you say, but the person that gave it to him does, Hope Hicks.

It doesn’t matter what the facts are. The media will write the narrative that reflects poorly on Trump.
Trump tweets "positive test."

KGF: "MEDIA UNFAIR!!1!"

howeda7

Reaction score
The vast majority don't wish him anything but recovery from this. There will be a few jerks. But stop with the victim-hood. He handled this the way he did. We all saw it. Any narrative is one he brought upon himself.

Reaction score

All of you who support Trump rabidly (*but didn't vote for him in '16 [but might in '20 cuz fuck libtarrrrds!]) say that you know he's a liar and a shitty person, but agree with his results and policies.

So maybe he's lying about this? He has (documented) make 20,000 false claims and lies. Nobody really disputes that btw. You maybe don't care, but it's not disputable.

Yeah, i have lots of reasons to think he might actually be lying like he always does.
If you don't wanna talk about it, you don't have to. We can talk about lots of cool stuff in all the other threads. :)

Wally

Reaction score
Figured this was coming, wonder if he and Pence have been together recently. If they are both incapacitated its President Pelosi, that would be interesting.

How far apart were they for the debate, Trump infects Biden would fit this shitshow we have.

Wally

Reaction score
If Trump dies what happens to election?
Found answer
"if the candidate passes away after the party conventions, but before the election, each party’s respective national committees would select a new candidate,"

Who would Republicans pick?

howeda7

Reaction score
Found answer
"if the candidate passes away after the party conventions, but before the election, each party’s respective national committees would select a new candidate,"

it would be Pence or Harris. It's not even a question. There's no time for anything else.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Allow me to not politize this.

God Bless him and his family and I wish them nothing but a speedy recovery - that is the most important thing.

I am am obviously not a fan of his policies and find him an abhorrent person, but that has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Found answer

Little too early for this IMO

Last edited:

OldBob53

Reaction score
What if Trump and Pence both die or become incapacitated? Lets hope Nancy is wearing a mask if she's within 12 feet of another human or other animal viral reservoirs.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
What if Trump and Pence both die or become incapacitated? Lets hope Nancy is wearing a mask if she's within 12 feet of another human or other animal viral reservoirs.
She's next up after Pence and is a big time masker from what they said this morning on TV.

jamiche

Reaction score
Found answer

They would pick Don Jr. or Vanky. Anybody with the last name "trump."

jamiche

Reaction score
I think trump should have to pay for his own treatment. He's been flouting and mocking sound public health practices from the beginning, literally playing politics with people's lives. Traveling the country in recent months holding mass events, indoors and outdoors, packing people together and encouraging them not to wear masks (except for those on the TV screen). I don't think his care should be withheld, but he should have to dig into his own pocket to pay for it.

I doubt that anyone who has suffered a personal loss due to this terrible disease is wishing him well this morning.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The next debate has to be cancelled and probably the last one as well.

Trump will have to campaign while in quarantine.

He won't be able to change the campaign message away from the virus now, and he's getting crushed on that issue. Karma got him.

Regardless, he's lost the election. He had almost no hope to win before. There is none now.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery and an orderly, peaceful transition of power when he loses in a landslide.

jamiche

Reaction score
The next debate has to be cancelled and probably the last one as well.

Trump will have to campaign while in quarantine.

He won't be able to change the campaign message away from the virus now, and he's getting crushed on that issue. Karma got him.

Regardless, he's lost the election. He had almost no hope to win before. There is none now.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery and an orderly, peaceful transition of power when he loses in a landslide.
Wishful thinking. Assuming that he doesn't die or isn't seriously incapacitated, I don't think his plans to disrupt the election have changed. The WH remains his safe house as possible bankruptcy and dates with the criminal justice system loom. He is going to do everything within his remaining power to avoid or forestall both eventualities. His goofy followers, as represented by some of the folks on this board, are going to blame his illness on the "radical left" and become more rabid as they sense things slipping away.
I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Nope. Your president went to a fundraiser yesterday afternoon, knowing that he had been exposed to someone who tested positive, and mingled with his foolish supporters. That's ridiculous.
Rockstar Kayleigh was exposed by Hope Hicks and briefed the press without a mask. She didn't even warn them. She's scum.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I hope DT recovers fully and soon. I wouldn’t be opposed to the Rs finding a new candidate “just to be safe”. Couldn’t be hard to find one better than the 2 clowns up there now.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
I hope DT recovers fully and soon. I wouldn’t be opposed to the Rs finding a new candidate “just to be safe”. Couldn’t be hard to find one better than the 2 clowns up there now.
Jesus, do you want the GOP to go to war with itself? Any suggestion of that would split the GOP unless Trump dies.

Top Bottom