Trump fires 4th Inspector General because he opened an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

justthefacts

Reaction score
Made it up? I said it was a guess.

Here Is the definition of Guess:
estimate or suppose (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct

Having said that, your examples don’t prove that it isn’t political. It doesn’t prove anything other than he did he job in some cases.

But we still haven’t heard from the IG himself or know much about the situation, so it seems that you may be guessing too.
I'm not guessing about anything. Republican Senators have stated Trump has not fulfilled his legal obligations

Also you didn't say guess

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm not guessing about anything. Republican Senators have stated Trump has not fulfilled his legal obligations

Also you didn't say guess

Yeah, what I said before is generally true. But there’s still much unknown about this situation. My guess is that this is still political, whether it’s the IG or some Dem Party Rep trying to make something out of little or nothing.

howeda7

Reaction score
Maybe it’s the Dems that are talking out their ass. The IG has never stated that he was investigating Pompeo. It was Dem Rep Eliot Engel that made that claim. That’s good enough for the MSM.

Maybe you and “the fellas“ ought to hold your water before you assume you know everything.

If it’s true, a new IG would be obligated to continue the investigation, so it doesn’t really makes sense that Pompeo would want to call this to the attention of the news media knowing that it wouldn’t go away. It makes complete sense that Eliot Engel would attempt to make a narrative public before there’s any evidence of it being true.
You're the one that made a baseless accusation against the AG by pulling it from your @ss and is now flailing about. Even R Senators aren't as shameless Trump shills as you are. Lick lick.

howeda7

Reaction score
The left declared war at least 3.5 years ago, and it's time to declare war back. It's time to settle this divide once and for all, just like the Civil War.

When Trump's done, one of two things will happen. Either Trump permanently rids DC, the intel community, military, MSM, Lawfare Network, Hollywood, Universities, public schools, local/state governments of all the seditious/communists, and he writes the history books, or the left wins, they finish off the USA, they implement the Communist style surveilance state, the two tired society/justice system they want, & they write the history books.

Either way, the battle is going to get hotter in the next six months & I'm kind of looking forward to it. Pompeo, Barr, Trump, none of them are going anywhere & it doesn't matter what the left wants. Trump will win the presidency, or stay in office until the housecleaning is done & we will support him 100%. It's not just a 4 year election coming up, it's the existence of the country. Let's get it on!
I haven't gotten my tin MAGA decoder hat yet. What does this mean?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You're the one that made a baseless accusation against the AG by pulling it from your @ss and is now flailing about. Even R Senators aren't as shameless Trump shills as you are. Lick lick.
Yeah, why would I suspect the Dems of “resisting” Trump after 3 years of Trump-Russia collusion, repeated attempts to justify impeachment, multiple fake scandals and relentless screaming about one thing or another?

Why don’t you wait until you get more facts? I know...b/c you don’t want to. You want to believe the worst.

This is surely it. You‘ve got him now.

Meanwhile, you ignore Obama’s shenanigans as his presidency was ending. It’s all innocent concern for the Russians interfering...except he didn’t give a shit about Russians interfering before the election. lick lick

Donovan

Reaction score
Not an I.G., but I found this to be shocking about Mr. Bright, the latest whistle blower. Just shocking.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Not an I.G., but I found this to be shocking about Mr. Bright, the latest whistle blower. Just shocking.
Oh no no. This is just a great American servant doing the right thing and pointing the finger at the Trump Administration for bungling the pandemic response. :rolleyes:

That’s clearly their story and they are sticking to it!

Including Obama, who now appears to want to distract from other news. Hmmm.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Interesting piece on how Obama handled IG's that didn't fall in line, but strangely no outrage from the left. :rolleyes:

The Silencing of the Inspectors General

"Department of Justice inspector general Michael Horowitz, an Obama administration appointee, is scheduled to deliver a report this week on DOJ and FBI abuses during the 2016 campaign cycle. Remember: His last investigation of FBI misconduct advised a criminal referral for fired former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who allegedly lied to federal investigators.

McCabe and at least a half-dozen other FBI employees quit, retired, were fired, or were reassigned as a result of fallout from the politicization of the FBI. Yet, as Barack Obama left office, his chief of staff, Denis McDonough, strangely boasted that the Obama administration “has been historically free of scandal.” Obama himself recently concluded of his eight-year tenure, “I didn’t have scandals.”

Those were puzzling assertions, given nearly nonstop scandals during Obama’s eight years in office involving the IRS; General Services Administration; Peace Corps; Secret Service; Veterans Administration; and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, not to mention the Clinton email-server scandal, the Benghazi scandal, and the 2016 Democratic National Committee email scandal.

For nearly eight years, the Obama administration sought to cover up serial wrongdoing by waging a veritable war against the watchdog inspectors general of various federal agencies.

In 2014, 47 of the nation’s 73 inspectors general signed a letter alleging that Obama had stonewalled their “ability to conduct our work thoroughly, independently, and in a timely manner.”

The frustrated nonpartisan auditors cited systematic Obama-administration refusals to turn over incriminating documents that were central to their investigations.

The administration had purportedly tried to sidetrack an IG investigation into possible misconduct by then–Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson. In addition, the Obama administration reportedly thwarted IG investigations of Amtrak, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and the Office of Management and Budget.

Despite the campaign against these independent federal auditors, a number of inspectors general still managed to issue damning indictments of unethical behavior.

In 2012, Horowitz recommended that 14 Justice Department and ATF officials be disciplined for their conduct in the “Fast and Furious” gun-walking scandal.

A 2013 IG audit found that the IRS had targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny prior to the 2012 Obama reelection effort.

In 2014, an internal audit revealed that CIA officials had hacked the Senate Intelligence Committee’s computers while compiling a report on enhanced interrogation techniques. CIA director John Brennan had claimed that his agents were not improperly monitoring Senate staff computer files. He was forced to retract his denials and apologize for his prevarication.

In 2016, the State Department’s inspector general found that Hillary Clinton had never sought approval for her reckless and illegal use of an unsecured private email server. The IG also found that other Clinton aides silenced staffers who were worried about national security being compromised by the unsecured server.

Still, Obama was right in a way: A scandal does not become a scandal if no one acts on findings of improper behavior.

Under former attorneys general Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, the findings of dozens of IGs were snubbed. That raises the question: What good are inspectors general if a president ignores any illegality and impropriety that they have uncovered?

Answer: not much good at all — unless an incoming administration is of a different political party than the outgoing administration. Once that happens in our politicized system, there is a rare interest in not covering up or ignoring a damning IG report, but in acting on it.

We may now be experiencing one of those unusual occasions.

Soon, various inspector-general reports may appear concerning FISA-court abuse and improper behavior at the Department of Justice, FBI, CIA, and National Security Council during the 2016 campaign cycle. The investigators are, for the most part, Obama appointees, not Trump appointees.

At some point, the idea of toothless inspectors general needs to be revisited. Something is terribly wrong when dozens of IGs found wrongdoing, only to object that their efforts were being thwarted by an Obama administration that had appointed most of them — and claimed to be scandal-free."

Finding government abuse and doing nothing about it is worse than not finding any at all.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Interesting piece on how Obama handled IG's that didn't fall in line, but strangely no outrage from the left. :rolleyes:

The Silencing of the Inspectors General

"Department of Justice inspector general Michael Horowitz, an Obama administration appointee, is scheduled to deliver a report this week on DOJ and FBI abuses during the 2016 campaign cycle. Remember: His last investigation of FBI misconduct advised a criminal referral for fired former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who allegedly lied to federal investigators.

McCabe and at least a half-dozen other FBI employees quit, retired, were fired, or were reassigned as a result of fallout from the politicization of the FBI. Yet, as Barack Obama left office, his chief of staff, Denis McDonough, strangely boasted that the Obama administration “has been historically free of scandal.” Obama himself recently concluded of his eight-year tenure, “I didn’t have scandals.”

Those were puzzling assertions, given nearly nonstop scandals during Obama’s eight years in office involving the IRS; General Services Administration; Peace Corps; Secret Service; Veterans Administration; and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, not to mention the Clinton email-server scandal, the Benghazi scandal, and the 2016 Democratic National Committee email scandal.

For nearly eight years, the Obama administration sought to cover up serial wrongdoing by waging a veritable war against the watchdog inspectors general of various federal agencies.

In 2014, 47 of the nation’s 73 inspectors general signed a letter alleging that Obama had stonewalled their “ability to conduct our work thoroughly, independently, and in a timely manner.”

The frustrated nonpartisan auditors cited systematic Obama-administration refusals to turn over incriminating documents that were central to their investigations.

The administration had purportedly tried to sidetrack an IG investigation into possible misconduct by then–Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson. In addition, the Obama administration reportedly thwarted IG investigations of Amtrak, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and the Office of Management and Budget.

Despite the campaign against these independent federal auditors, a number of inspectors general still managed to issue damning indictments of unethical behavior.

In 2012, Horowitz recommended that 14 Justice Department and ATF officials be disciplined for their conduct in the “Fast and Furious” gun-walking scandal.

A 2013 IG audit found that the IRS had targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny prior to the 2012 Obama reelection effort.

In 2014, an internal audit revealed that CIA officials had hacked the Senate Intelligence Committee’s computers while compiling a report on enhanced interrogation techniques. CIA director John Brennan had claimed that his agents were not improperly monitoring Senate staff computer files. He was forced to retract his denials and apologize for his prevarication.

In 2016, the State Department’s inspector general found that Hillary Clinton had never sought approval for her reckless and illegal use of an unsecured private email server. The IG also found that other Clinton aides silenced staffers who were worried about national security being compromised by the unsecured server.

Still, Obama was right in a way: A scandal does not become a scandal if no one acts on findings of improper behavior.

Under former attorneys general Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, the findings of dozens of IGs were snubbed. That raises the question: What good are inspectors general if a president ignores any illegality and impropriety that they have uncovered?

Answer: not much good at all — unless an incoming administration is of a different political party than the outgoing administration. Once that happens in our politicized system, there is a rare interest in not covering up or ignoring a damning IG report, but in acting on it.

We may now be experiencing one of those unusual occasions.

Soon, various inspector-general reports may appear concerning FISA-court abuse and improper behavior at the Department of Justice, FBI, CIA, and National Security Council during the 2016 campaign cycle. The investigators are, for the most part, Obama appointees, not Trump appointees.

At some point, the idea of toothless inspectors general needs to be revisited. Something is terribly wrong when dozens of IGs found wrongdoing, only to object that their efforts were being thwarted by an Obama administration that had appointed most of them — and claimed to be scandal-free."

Finding government abuse and doing nothing about it is worse than not finding any at all.
That article is great. Obama waged war against IGs! Despite that, here's a list of all the critical things IGs said about Obama, some of them by IGs who lasted past Jan 2017!

Even better, they actually list something that Linick himself did! So great.

I also like how it says that Horowitz (still on the job) recommended that people be disciplined for Fast and Furious but doesn't mention that several actually were disciplined.

It seems we're past the stage of denying that Linick was investigating Pompeo and onto the stage of claiming Pompeo didn't know about it:

theczar

Reaction score
Fake New...Zero Proof...par the the loony crazy cruze course

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That article is great. Obama waged war against IGs! Despite that, here's a list of all the critical things IGs said about Obama, some of them by IGs who lasted past Jan 2017!

Even better, they actually list something that Linick himself did! So great.

I also like how it says that Horowitz (still on the job) recommended that people be disciplined for Fast and Furious but doesn't mention that several actually were disciplined.

It seems we're past the stage of denying that Linick was investigating Pompeo and onto the stage of claiming Pompeo didn't know about it:

Where’s the proof that he wasn’t fired for just cause? I know you’re into proof and not suspicions.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Where’s the proof that he wasn’t fired for just cause? I know you’re into proof and not suspicions.
There isn't proof nor did I say there was. But there is proof that Congress was not provided the reasons for the firing, which the Trump administration is legally required to do.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Stage 1: The IG wasn't investigating Pompeo
Stage 2: Pompeo didn't know the IG was investigating him
Stage 3: The IG was investigating Pompeo for something that's totally OK as long as you're a total sexist

Scott Pruitt right now is calling the WH and asking for his job back

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Maybe it’s the Dems that are talking out their ass. The IG has never stated that he was investigating Pompeo. It was Dem Rep Eliot Engel that made that claim. That’s good enough for the MSM.

Maybe you and “the fellas“ ought to hold your water before you assume you know everything.

If it’s true, a new IG would be obligated to continue the investigation, so it doesn’t really makes sense that Pompeo would want to call this to the attention of the news media knowing that it wouldn’t go away. It makes complete sense that Eliot Engel would attempt to make a narrative public before there’s any evidence of it being true.
I’ll quote myself for JTF’s benefit. It looks like there might be more to Linick’s dismissal than what Democrat congressmen want to tell us. Oh surprise. Like I said, let’s get all the facts instead of believing what the Democrat PR machine tells us.

From WaPo quoted by Daily Wire:
Brian Bulatao, the State Department’s undersecretary for management, said concern over Linick had grown because of a “pattern of unauthorized disclosures, or leaks,” to the news media about investigations that were in an early draft form. He said that officials had no evidence Linick was personally responsible for the leaks but that the disclosures had the potential of tainting the outcome of ongoing probes. …

Bulatao said Linick had ignored the directions of then-deputy secretary of state John Sullivan to refer the leak investigation to the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency so that an inspector general from another agency could be appointed to look into it.

Continued by Daily Wire:
Bulatao said that the concern regarding the media leaks was raised last fall in a leak investigation and that “it certainly was a very strong finger-pointing at IG Linick’s way.”

Regarding the allegation that Linick was insubordinate and ignored orders to go through official channels regarding the leak investigation, Bulatao said, “Our understanding is he picked another fed agency on his own, to pick the person he wanted to grade his own homework, which sets up a whole apparent conflict of interest.”

The Daily Caller reported on Friday that Linick was “under investigation last year by the Department of Defense’s inspector general for mishandling sensitive material.”

justthefacts

Reaction score
Hahaha, Bulatao and Pompeo have literally been friends for 35 years. Pompeo gave him a job at the CIA despite him having no relevant experience. I'm shocked to learn he's backing Pompeos's play.

It's weird that the Trump admin wouldn't just provide this justification in written form to Congress, instead of firing Linick on a Friday night.

Trump himself confirmed that Pompeo was having State Dept employees do his personal errands

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
Linick was a leaker. Another crook from the Obama era.
Treasury
State Department
CIA
FBI
DOJ
IRS
NSA
All corrupted by the Obama era.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Linick was a leaker. Another crook from the Obama era.
Treasury
State Department
CIA
FBI
DOJ
IRS
NSA
All corrupted by the Obama era.
You forgot current President.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Linick and other fired IGs should be relieved that they only got fired. The Obama Administration would’ve tried to frame them with some criminal charge to teach them a lesson about fucking with Obama.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Linick and other fired IGs should be relieved that they only got fired. The Obama Administration would’ve tried to frame them with some criminal charge to teach them a lesson about fucking with Obama.
What criminal charge was Linick framed for when he issued his report on Hillary emails? What criminal charge was Horowitz framed for when he issued his report on Fast and Furious?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What criminal charge was Linick framed for when he issued his report on Hillary emails? What criminal charge was Horowitz framed for when he issued his report on Fast and Furious?

The guy could be on a power trip. Suspecting that’s it’s political isn’t a stretch, but more importantly, it’d be good to wait for the ALL the facts to come before believing Dem congressmen narratives.

We’ve seen how reliable those were over the entire Trump Administration’s term. Not. Often totally fake!

cncmin

Reaction score
It appears a few IGs and others in positions of authority have a political agenda and are doing their part to “Resist”. It’s not like Pompeo thought this was going to happen without public attention and scrutiny.

The left has f’d themselves by resisting, deceiving, contriving, scheming, etc. at every opportunity. The general public has caught on and they either are for it or against it or discount it.

It is going to hurt the left in future elections.
Very wrong, and stupid post. Keep denying the massive amounts of blatant corruption taking place right in front of your face. Someday hopefully, maybe 10, 15, or 20 years from now when you get a chance to be separated from the brainwashed ferver of Trumpism, you'll look back on this time and struggle to believe just how stupid you were.

diehard

Reaction score
Very wrong, and stupid post. Keep denying the massive amounts of blatant corruption taking place right in front of your face. Someday hopefully, maybe 10, 15, or 20 years from now when you get a chance to be separated from the brainwashed ferver of anti-Trumpism, you'll look back on this time and struggle to believe just how stupid you were.
A very cogent memo to self by cnc. I helped you out with the slight edit.

Top Bottom