Trump Does it Again...USA NUMBER ONE Reduced CO 2 Emissions

theczar

Reaction score
The fact that the U.S.A. is leaving the Paris accord seems to outrage and worry everyone, and it should,” Thunberg said last month. “But the fact that we’re all about to fail the commitments you signed up for in the Paris Agreement doesn’t seem to bother the people in power even the least.”

But here’s the thing, Greta. The United States didn’t fail on its goals. In fact, it surpassed them by a mile.

According to a new report, the United States reduced its CO2 emissions last year more than any other country.

“The United States saw the largest decline in energy-related CO2emissions in 2019 on a country basis – a fall of 140 Mt, or 2.9%, to 4.8 Gt,” The International Energy Agency (IEA) said in the report released Tuesday. “US emissions are now down almost 1 Gt from their peak in the year 2000, the largest absolute decline by any country over that

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Just for fun, which Trump policy led to this? I'm not saying there isn't one, I'm just wondering if there is.

bga1

Reaction score
Bbbbbut he's not turning our sovereignty over to the good globalists....he's just not going to do it right!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Trump took office on Jan 2017. By June of 2017, there were a full four hours more of daylight, than there were when Obama left office.

bga1

Reaction score
Just for fun, which Trump policy led to this? I'm not saying there isn't one, I'm just wondering if there is.
Successful capitalism generates investment and new discoveries that are more efficient. Successful businesses that are making money and feel that they are not being unfairly taxed buy more efficient equipment that burns less power and is more productive and competitive. Trump cut taxes and that - especially the corporate tax cut, was great. But even more importantly Trump gives the American businesses confidence in a growing economy. A new car is more efficient than an old one. A new furnace, better than old, a new machine better and so on.

But, I am sure that fracking has also help and since Obama was the fracking President :) you have to give him a little credit here and also the Dems for being so cooperative with Trump!!

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
The fact that the U.S.A. is leaving the Paris accord seems to outrage and worry everyone, and it should,” Thunberg said last month. “But the fact that we’re all about to fail the commitments you signed up for in the Paris Agreement doesn’t seem to bother the people in power even the least.”

But here’s the thing, Greta. The United States didn’t fail on its goals. In fact, it surpassed them by a mile.

According to a new report, the United States reduced its CO2 emissions last year more than any other country.

“The United States saw the largest decline in energy-related CO2emissions in 2019 on a country basis – a fall of 140 Mt, or 2.9%, to 4.8 Gt,” The International Energy Agency (IEA) said in the report released Tuesday. “US emissions are now down almost 1 Gt from their peak in the year 2000, the largest absolute decline by any country over that
Great news! I’m going to celebrate by flying across the country and getting a steak.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Trump is for "clean air and clean water", but its ok if the planet is baking and headed toward a Venusian fate.

Hotdish

Reaction score
Since we are on the topic, can someone explain to me how the Paris Agreement is going to save the planet? From my understanding China, the worlds largest polluter (more than the US and EU combined), is not beholden to the regulations and restrictions that are currently imposed on western countries until 2030. That means they can remain the worlds leading polluter for another 10 years. With AOC and other politicians saying we have a decade "before the point of no return" (for real this time, we swear) how does China's role in the agreement make any sense?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Since we are on the topic, can someone explain to me how the Paris Agreement is going to save the planet? From my understanding China, the worlds largest polluter (more than the US and EU combined), is not beholden to the regulations and restrictions that are currently imposed on western countries until 2030. That means they can remain the worlds leading polluter for another 10 years. With AOC and other politicians saying we have a decade "before the point of no return" (for real this time, we swear) how does China's role in the agreement make any sense?
It doesn’t. The PCA is about slamming the brakes on the US to the benefit of other countries.

Herd

Reaction score
Great news! I’m going to celebrate by flying across the country and getting a steak.
I'm sure you will fly across the country (private jet) and have a steak (Kobe flown in from Japan) to celebrate . . . then immediately afterward lead a global warming rally. Is that about right?

Section2

Reaction score
Let me know when Greta lectures China.

Hotdish

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for a response as to how China‘s role in the Paris Agreement makes any sense in the context of saving the planet.

KillmeNow

Banned
Reaction score
What is bad about CO2?

Don't plants and trees thrive on CO2?

Greenhouses often artificially pump CO2 in so that the plants will grow better, right? So what is bad about CO2?

Toxic waste is bad, sure, I understand that, and China's Solar industry is doing more to pollute the earth than almost anything else. China cuts corners and cheats and couldn't care less about the environment until it directly hurts them financially. I mean, do you environmentalist tree hugging whackos know how solar panels are produced and what happens to them once they no longer work?

jamiche

Reaction score
The graph shows a downward trend beginning around 2007 and continuing through 2017. The last year being the tail end of the Obama presidency and the beginning of trump. I don't think the little prince will post the same thread next year when 2018 shows the beginning of the trend reversal.

Top Bottom