Trump Commutes Stone's Sentence

howeda7

Reaction score
All of these magnificent (albeit fabricated) accomplishments — and he still found time to play golf incessantly.

The man is simply amazing.
His stamina and Dragon Energy are like we've never seen before!

howeda7

Reaction score
LOL.

Among the whoppers you tell, beeg, this takes the cake.

Stone wont testify, in return for which Trump commutes his sentence, and that's "against (Trump's) own interests."

LOLOLOL.

You're not even pretending to be honest any more.
Beeg still believes Trump became a good Christian the day after he bragged about grabbing women by the %^^* {or was it the day after he banged Stormy Daniels?) and has remained one to this day.

howeda7

Reaction score
Roger is the swamp. And the swamp survives.

In truth, Stone was railroaded on this one. The President did the right thing. I am not convinced that is why he did it. If so, good for him for serving justice against his own interest.
How was he railroaded exactly? He lied to Congress and the FBI and threatened other witnesses. Poor Roger?

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes, I saw that. But, you must remember a few things:

1) That model has failed a couple of times. Also, presidential projections by their very nature involve inference from a very small data set.

2) This model includes all elections but elections with an incumbent and ones without are qualitatively different types;

3) Very few incumbents are as unpopular as Trump and those who have been over the last 40 years (Jimmy Carter & George HW) lost their re-elections.

4) This model ignores polls. That's probably a reasonable methodology because factors included in the model normally would correlate with presidential approval ratings. Trump has been underwater in approval ratings virtually throughout his entire presidency. There probably is no other president in that sample who shares that characteristic. Almost certainly no other president had that characteristic while presiding over a good economy for most of his term. Trump clearly is one-of-a-kind.

5) Trump's economy isn't so good anymore and he has terrible ratings on handling the greatest (and only) environmental challenge of his administration.

6) You have to go back to the election of 1876 (that election is not included in the model) to find an incumbent president who lost the popular vote by as much as Trump did. Indications are that he's shed support since then. The 1876 winner, Rutherford B. Hayes, did not run for re-election.

7) According to very recent data from Gallup, the gap between Democratic and Republican party affiliation has increased from 4 to 6 points between the election of 2016 and late spring 2020. While not a huge increase, that certainly helps.
CRG has become a parody, posting months old polls and other outright BS.

howeda7

Reaction score
Once again, good for Mitt! I suspect we'll be hearing from Susan Collins that she is "concerned" soon.
This is so bad that given she's down in the polls she'll got straight to Deeply Troubled level.

Norseland Store

Reaction score
In 4 months Roger Stone will be as forgotten as Michael Golsteyn Eddie Gallagher and Clint Lorance.

Unprecedented is commuting the sentence of FALN terrorist/bomber Oscar Lopez Rivera by the dalai Obama 17 January 2017 on his way out the door.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
CRG has become a parody, posting months old polls and other outright BS.
I genuinely think he believes he's going to turn the tide of the election by deceiving and browbeating everybody in this one forum.

T-Bonegopher

Reaction score
It's what he has done his whole term- serve justice against his own interest. He has put up with more than any President ever while being a President who has actually stepped up, stuck his nose in there and attempted to resolve real problems that are controversial like these:

Fighting political correctness- one of the worst evils in America
Chinese taking advantage of America
Ending the wars
Stopping ISIS (hear from them lately)
End the corrupt Iran deal
Building a real border wall
Taking on NATO
Bringing manufacturing back
Increasing black employment
How about the problems he has created.
Fanning the flames of racism the worst evil in America.
China still taking advantage of us. (And him begging their leader for help in reelection).
Losing the war to Covid 19 with his ignorance and stupidity. 130,000 dead and rising.
Letting our troops have bounties on their heads.
Tanking the economy because of his awful response to Covid 19. I could go on and on and on but my fingers are cramping.

howeda7

Reaction score
I genuinely think he believes he's going to turn the tide of the election by deceiving and browbeating everybody in this one forum.
There are dozens of Trump loving Gary Johnson/Marco Rubio voters to whip into line on here...

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
LOL.

Among the whoppers you tell, beeg, this takes the cake.

Stone wont testify, in return for which Trump commutes his sentence, and that's "against (Trump's) own interests."

LOLOLOL.

You're not even pretending to be honest any more.
Of all the kooky conspiracy theories, this is one of my favorites.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
China still taking advantage of us. (And him begging their leader for help in reelection).
Losing the war to Covid 19 with his ignorance and stupidity. 130,000 dead and rising.
Tanking the economy because of his awful response to Covid 19. I could go on and on and on but my fingers are cramping.
- Racism is not the worst evil in America. That said, Trump's been the best POTUS for Black folks, as per his record, since Lincoln. Undeniably better than Obama. Meanwhile Joe Biden uses the N word. Biden's mentor in the Senate was Robert Byrd the Grand Cyclops of the West Virginia KKK. Biden was still fighting against school desegregation into the 1980's. Biden said he didn't want the schools to turn into a "racial jungle". He was blown away by Obama because: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,". "I mean, that's a storybook, man.". Just last month he showed his privilege while condescending to millions of Black Americans saying "If you vote Trump, you ain't Black"
- China is getting their asses kicked and have been for 3+ years now. Foreign investment came to a screeching halt, manufacturing is leaving China in droves, their currency tanked, their stock market crashed & every month they're losing ground to us, while we had the best economy we'd seen in decades.
- No reason to believe Trump asked Xi Jingping for help in his re-election. Not only does it not pass the common sense test, no one believes John Bolton & we have multiple eye witnesses who say that never happened.
- Like the X Jingping re-election help fairy tale, you've once again been suckered in my the MSM. this time with "the Trump let Russia place bounties on our troops", which has zero evidence to support it and a mountain of evidence debunking it. You'll notice the media dropped both those stories. That's because they're nonsense. If they were real the media would still be pushing them. Just more fake news they created to fool people.
- Trump created the best economy you've ever lived under, and the Democrats tanked it & are tanking it intentionally because they know they can;t beat Trump if the economy is good.
- You didn't make a single valid point.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while this gross level of obvious corruption is probably a scandal all by itself that would be atop the list of any other previous US President in the modern era, this is about 500th on the list of Trump scandals, and won't affect the upcoming election one iota. Scandal and corruption will never affect Trump's base. They deny it or ignore it.
Clinton and Obama both literally pardoned convicted terrorists who'd murdered people. Trump commuted, not pardoned, Roger Stone, a non-violent, 1st time criminal who was self evidently railroaded by the Mueller team and endured all sorts of prosecutorial misconduct.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Good Lord, not another new Loony Leftist. Another newbie with uninformed #TDS.dbag.jpg

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It's what he has done his whole term- serve justice against his own interest. He has put up with more than any President ever while being a President who has actually stepped up, stuck his nose in there and attempted to resolve real problems that are controversial like these:

Fighting political correctness- one of the worst evils in America
Chinese taking advantage of America
Ending the wars
Stopping ISIS (hear from them lately)
End the corrupt Iran deal
Building a real border wall
Taking on NATO
Bringing manufacturing back
Increasing black employment
Creating peace with North Korea
Squashing the TPP
Negotiating NAFTA/USMCA
Prison sentencing reform
Massively increasing funding to Historically Black Colleges/Universities
Making that funding permanent
Making us the world leader in gas/oil
Weakening Russia by outmaneuvering them on new gas/oil contracts in Europe.
Defunding the WHO
All time low unemployment for Blacks & Hispanics
Increasing wages for low earners & beginning the
Weakened Russia by launching a cyber attack against Russia’s Internet Research Agency, which had tried to interfere in the 2016 & 2018 elections.

T-Bonegopher

Reaction score
- Racism is not the worst evil in America. That said, Trump's been the best POTUS for Black folks, as per his record, since Lincoln. Undeniably better than Obama. Meanwhile Joe Biden uses the N word. Biden's mentor in the Senate was Robert Byrd the Grand Cyclops of the West Virginia KKK. Biden was still fighting against school desegregation into the 1980's. Biden said he didn't want the schools to turn into a "racial jungle". He was blown away by Obama because: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,". "I mean, that's a storybook, man.". Just last month he showed his privilege while condescending to millions of Black Americans saying "If you vote Trump, you ain't Black"
- China is getting their asses kicked and have been for 3+ years now. Foreign investment came to a screeching halt, manufacturing is leaving China in droves, their currency tanked, their stock market crashed & every month they're losing ground to us, while we had the best economy we'd seen in decades.
- No reason to believe Trump asked Xi Jingping for help in his re-election. Not only does it not pass the common sense test, no one believes John Bolton & we have multiple eye witnesses who say that never happened.
- Like the X Jingping re-election help fairy tale, you've once again been suckered in my the MSM. this time with "the Trump let Russia place bounties on our troops", which has zero evidence to support it and a mountain of evidence debunking it. You'll notice the media dropped both those stories. That's because they're nonsense. If they were real the media would still be pushing them. Just more fake news they created to fool people.
- Trump created the best economy you've ever lived under, and the Democrats tanked it & are tanking it intentionally because they know they can;t beat Trump if the economy is good.
In your opinion what as a worse evil than racism oh grand wizard?
You really didn’t even try to defend Trump fanning the flames of racism. All you did was attack Biden and have some Fox News regurgitated BS to say how good Trump has been to black America. It’s clear
Well grand wizard what is a worse evil than racism? You argued nothing that would convince anybody that tRump doesn’t fan the flames of racism. All you did was attack Biden and regurgitated some Fox News BS how Trump was great for black America. And if I didn’t make one valid how come you didn’t address Trumps handling (or should I say non handling) of Covid 19.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Once again, good for Mitt! I suspect we'll be hearing from Susan Collins that she is "concerned" soon.
Mitt;s concern is that he's dirty as hell & Trump's digging into the corruption. Mitt's implicated in the Ukraine/Burisma scam with Biden, Kerry & Pelosi.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Still the Mueller team clearly railroaded Stone. In what other scenario does a 1st time, non-violent criminal have the SWAT team burst through his door with guns drawn, have his wife forced onto the floor for 45 minutes with a gun on her, only to be intentionally humiliated on live TV after tipping off CNN? There's no justice in any of that. That's all political.
I can feel you here. I always felt police don't really get it. Tangentally, I thought the BLM folks miss an opportunity for actual reform, by completely ignoring this type of behaviour in favor of their preferred political injustices.

Also, the fact that a Democratic political operative who hated Stone's guts just happened to be selected to be the foreman smells a little fishy. The fact that she was all over social media talking about how Stone was guilty before she was on the jury, and that she hid her bias against him to get on the jury, is criminal. The fact that the Judge, after realizing who/what Hart was, refused to let Stone have a new trial, smells fishy too. In any other court, in any other city, with anyone but a Trump associate, this case would likely have been retried, or tossed altogether.
Fishy Smelling, but I have to assume Stone has exceptional lawyers (at the very least better than most). We do know he threw everything, and the Kitchen Sinnk at appeals. The courts disagreed that this bias amounted to much. Furthermore, I read William Barr, just this week (and before commutation), referred to his prosecution as righteous. That's after having unprecedented access to the details of Stone's case. Thus, I have to conclude there was more than just Smoke in the Stone conviction. I think he must have done something. Unless, Barr feels like he had overplayed his own political hand in the Flynn Case, and is using this strategically.

That said, I feel like having his sentence commuted is a fair outcome. He's been through an awful lot for what he was actually convicted of. Sending a 67 y/o off to do hard time on top of everything else seems excessive, especially given the constant push for sentencing & criminal justice reform at this time & the fact that they're releasing violent criminals due to Covid scares.
I don't feel your fair and my fair necessarily need to be the same.
I wish to hell he had to serve some of his sentence before he was elgible to have it commuted. I think Roger Stone having to be in processed, sleep in prison, worry about his safety, eat shitty food, and just wonder about his circumstances, even if for a few days, is worth something.

Perhaps though it is not so much Stone, as the class if people that sell us all out that I want to see there. They exist in a kind of nether world, protected, but vulnerable. Allowing the political class a certain measure of freedom to wash there dirty hands, simply by their mere existence, and willingness to swim in the Potomac. The definitoin of selling out.

Top Bottom