Trump/Barr Secret Police in Portland

GopherJake

Reaction score
Speaking of obese, add a ponytail and 50 lbs and you got yerself a CantGetRockHard doppelgänger!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Dems made fools of themselves today. The strategy was to defame and denigrate William Barr. It backfired totally. The Dems made claims, asked him questions, and then wouldn’t let him respond. Each of the congressmen talked for 4 and 1/2 minutes of the 5 they get, and Barr got 30 seconds if he was lucky. They asked questions and when Barr attempted to respond, they’d say “I reclaim my time”.

A total shit show.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Looks like the work of right wing agitators.
They’d have the bigger capacity ones that Clinton banned but freedom brought back. Maybe it’s OK to not have unlimited rounds.

Wait until the NRA finds they have infringed on the 2A rights of these poor citizens.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Is there any article discussing the merits of the arguments, or are they all about style?
There were no arguments, per se. Mostly, the Dems made baseless claims, twisted people's words and made outright lies, then refused to let Barr answer, or defend himself. I mean it. It was basically just gathering campaign ad material for Biden. They made wild accusations, and refused to let Barr answer. When he was allowed to answer, often on the time of the Republican who followed the Democrat, Barr absolutely smashed these people. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but these Dem congressmen are not particularly smart, and Barr is. They tried to goad Barr into losing his cool and having a "God damn right I issued the code red!" moment, but he was cool as a cucumber and it was the Dems who often lost their cool.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
There were no arguments, per se. Mostly, the Dems made baseless claims, twisted people's words and made outright lies, then refused to let Barr answer, or defend himself. I mean it. It was basically just gathering campaign ad material for Biden. They made wild accusations, and refused to let Barr answer. When he was allowed to answer, often on the time of the Republican who followed the Democrat, Barr absolutely smashed these people. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but these Dem congressmen are not particularly smart, and Barr is. They tried to goad Barr into losing his cool and having a "God damn right I issued the code red!" moment, but he was cool as a cucumber and it was the Dems who often lost their cool.
Thanks.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Is there any article discussing the merits of the arguments, or are they all about style?
The Dems didn’t let Barr talk or answer questions. The Republicans got off to a good start, but didn’t seem very well coordinated between congressmen questions.

So I don’t think there was any news. It was a waste of time. The biggest takeaway was Barr made the Dems look like clowns.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Sooooooo, safe to say that CNN is reporting by the hour, on the hour all evening that the Dems owned Barr today and Barr looked foolish and defensive, or whatever?...

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
On Federal Officers in Portland, Barr said basically that that's what Federal Officers do, they protect Federal Property just like the do with the Federal Buildings in DC, and that they would not be leaving Portland until the violence and rioting ended.

The Dems tried to paint the narrative that Barr had intervened in the Roger Stone case on behalf of Trump. Barr pointed out that the 7-9 years they were asking for was more than recommended, had never been done before, and was unwarranted for a 67 y/o 1st time, non-violent criminal, and that Judge Amy Berman-Jackson also found that sentence request to be unreasonable. Instead of bringing it down to the recommended sentencing, the prosecutors decided instead to resign.

Hakeem Jeffries took a particularly bad beating. He was stated factually that Trump had told Americans to inject bleach, to which Barr said "That's not what I heard". Jeffries demanded to know why Trump didn't follow CDC guidelines on masks? Barr asked "Which guideline, the one where they told people not to wear them?", to which Jeffries grew visibly angry. Jeffries is not very smart. All balls, no brains, my Grandpa used to say. Barr really beat him up.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Barr also revealed today that he has a US Attorney from Texas named Bash, who's been investigating the unmasking of General Flynn and others. No one knew that until today.

We also learned today that Bruce Ohr, who was described today as a "go between the DNC, the Clinton Campaign, Fusion GPS, Christopher Steele, the Russian propaganda that were incorporated into his dossier." is still actively working for the DOJ. Do the math on that one.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Sooooooo, safe to say that CNN is reporting by the hour, on the hour all evening that the Dems owned Barr today and Barr looked foolish and defensive, or whatever?...
I believe today’s hearing was about disparaging Barr as a political hack for Trump. It was part of the inoculation to the Durham investigation and expected indictments.

The Dems will say the Durham indictments are all political. Count on it.

Donovan

Reaction score
If you didn’t watch the hearing, I recommend you find it on YouTube. It truly was a spectacle.

This is a good quick summary:

Last edited:

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
When the riots were going on here in Minnesota, I was told (on here) that there was “nothing the State folks could do about it without a time machine”. Those same people now are saying (on here) the Feds should just let the State folks handle it. You really can’t make up hypocrisy like that.
That is so sad that many elected leaders are so without answers and impudent

You dont see the local poice departments doing their jobs to prptect and serve. All you see in the media are the federal poice being attacked and defending themselves. Still you here nothing in the news about the local police doing nothing to protect their citicens property or lives. So the feds get the bad rep for doing their jobs instead of the local poice departments doing nothing.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
The leadership in Portland has ordered the police to stand down and not fight alongside the Feds.
Of course they did and yet they will not take responsibility for the rioting and protection of their own citizens.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Of course they did and yet they will not take responsibility for the rioting and protection of their own citizens.
You got it Talon. Folks have a right to be outraged on this topic. Unfortunately, some are so blinded they don’t know what they should be outraged about. You would think making an effort to stop violent crime and protect the innocent residents would be universally supported. It wasn’t in MPLS and it isn’t in Portland. Embarrassing.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
You got it Talon. Folks have a right to be outraged on this topic. Unfortunately, some are so blinded they don’t know what they should be outraged about. You would think making an effort to stop violent crime and protect the innocent residents would be universally supported. It wasn’t in MPLS and it isn’t in Portland. Embarrassing.

To Spoofin

I totally agree with you Spoofin and they took an oath to do so!

If the police Chief of Portland is so afraid and inept to do his duty under pressure he should resign. He's a fraud and a gutless wonder.

If the Police chiefs of these cities are pissed off about what is happening and the oath they took to serve and protect & the higher ups wont let them do their jobs then they should speak out against them not allowing their department to serve and protect their citizens. I know it would be a tough decision & take lots of guts because it may mean his job, but IMO those types police chiefs would be in high demand in large and mid sized cities.

TALON

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
"Barr doesn't answer 95% of questions asked"

Top Bottom