Trump/Barr Secret Police in Portland

howeda7

Reaction score
It’s Federal property. The Federal government has the obligation and the constitutional right to protect its property if the state government won’t.
:rolleyes:. Then why this has never been done before? I guess no Federal building has ever had graffiti painted on it before?

They can sue the state of Oregon and send them the bill for having it removed.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
:rolleyes:. Then why this has never been done before? I guess no Federal building has ever had graffiti painted on it before?

Pretty sure they have tried to save federal building in other countries. Those buildings are technically on US soil even if they are in Cuba or wherever. Were no federal troops sent to LA during the Rodney King riots I honestly don’t remember.

golf

Reaction score
I'm against a secret (or non-secret) Federal Police force. If the governor or mayor requests help from the national guard, that's different. Remember when the GOP cared about state's rights?
Fair enuf, seems like you're trying to be consistent. What about the death and destruction occurring?
Would the violence occurring bother you more if these were prolife propolice protests? Would the media narrative regarding the death and destruction be different if prolife or propolice protests?

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
You're flailing. Having a coordinated pandemic response, PPE procurement, testing supplies, etc. is not remotely the same as having a Federal Police force that detains US citizens.
Right, with one there is nothing the State’s can even do and the other the State’s should be allowed to do nothing. Got it.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Somehow we have had death and all this destruction in our cities and your focus is on Trump finally using federal police?

What if all of us who support the police or are prolife decide to take up our cause in a similar manner to the blm protests?

My point is that this anarchy must stop. We have to share this country. We need to win our point through discussion, ballot box, and peaceful protest.
St Pauli s focus was on Trump when Minneapolis was burning.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I'm against a secret (or non-secret) Federal Police force. If the governor or mayor requests help from the national guard, that's different. Remember when the GOP cared about state's rights?
How about when there was “nothing Walz could have done” about the riots in MN - now you are advocating to let the State’s deal with it by themselves. But they can’t do anything, right? Let it burn, I guess.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
sure. let the mobs destroy the entire city. or just the federal buildings. whatever they want. as long as the mayor and governor approve, Trump should butt out. Our cities were once great, no longer.
And then, after all of the destruction, Portland will request federal money for the damages, like Minnesota did.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

B/c most mayors aren’t trying to side with the radicals and take care of it before it gets out of hand.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Here’s one. There are more.

The outbreak of violence in Portland prompted the federal government to send officers from the United States Border Control’s BORTAC unit, the tactical unit considered the SWAT team of the nation’s border control force. Officers from the U.S. Marshal’s Special Operations group have also been dispatched to Portland to quell the violence.

Like I said before -

I think Trump was right sending in federal officers. but the part I disagree with is that they were incamo and did not disply that they were federal agents. If the Maror was not notifide and the city poilce saw them they could have thought that they were a malitia group and their could have been a conflect between the 2. THe average citisen would also be frightend and confused by the unmarled Federial Officers.

Like I said before if a State will not use its police force to protect the average citisen, their property & Federial property than the Feds should step in.

Trump just didn't do it the right way.

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
There is no "secret" police force. Anyone using that term is intentionally lying & should not be engaged.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Like I said before -

I think Trump was right sending in federal officers. but the part I disagree with is that they were incamo and did not disply that they were federal agents. If the Maror was not notifide and the city poilce saw them they could have thought that they were a malitia group and their could have been a conflect between the 2. THe average citisen would also be frightend and confused by the unmarled Federial Officers.

Like I said before if a State will not use its police force to protect the average citisen than the Feds should step in.

Trump just didn't do it the right way.
What if they were marked and identified?
It has already been explained that it says “POLICE” on their Uni.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
This is why pragmatically we need more, not less, abortion clinics in poor neighborhoods. Liberals should not be allowed to have children.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score

From the videos I saw I didn't see any police marking. If their were than that my bad

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ok. So they have the Halloween costume from the dollar store?
Now, they may have all these things, but a proper uniform identifies the agency, and the officer. Lacking that, it’s a costume, not a uniform.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Now, they may have all these things, but a proper uniform identifies the agency, and the officer. Lacking that, it’s a costume, not a uniform.
The Federal Officers are identified both by agency & by officer.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
...I don't trust your view one tiny bit on who has jurisdiction. It likely is a bit more complicated. Cite a source or just wait for someone who actually knows something about it to post. That isn't me (admittedly) and it isn't you either.
Here’s is the law and authority for what Federal officers are doing in Portland:

40 U.S. Code § 1315.Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Securityfor protection of public property
prev next
(a)In General.—
To the extent provided for by transfers made pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the Secretary of Homeland Security (in this section referred to as the “Secretary”) shall protect the buildings, grounds, and property that are owned, occupied, or secured by the Federal Government (including any agency, instrumentality, or wholly owned or mixed-ownership corporation thereof) and the persons on the property.
(b)Officers and Agents.—
(1)Designation.—
The Secretary may designate employees of the Department of Homeland Security, including employees transferred to the Department from the Office of the Federal Protective Service of the General Services Administration pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, as officers and agents for duty in connection with the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, including duty in areas outside the property to the extent necessary to protect the property and persons on the property.
(2)Powers.—While engaged in the performance of official duties, an officer or agent designated under this subsection may—
(A)
enforce Federal laws and regulations for the protection of persons and property;
(B)
carry firearms;
(C)
make arrests without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the presence of the officer or agent or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if the officer or agent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony;
(D)
serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States;
(E)
conduct investigations, on and off the property in question, of offenses that may have been committed against property owned or occupied by the Federal Government or persons on the property; and
(F)
carry out such other activities for the promotion of homeland security as the Secretary may prescribe.
(c)Regulations.—
(1)In general.—
The Secretary, in consultation with the Administrator of General Services, may prescribe regulations necessary for the protection and administration of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property. The regulations may include reasonable penalties, within the limits prescribed in paragraph (2), for violations of the regulations. The regulations shall be posted and remain posted in a conspicuous place on the property.
(2)Penalties.—
A person violating a regulation prescribed under this subsection shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, imprisoned for not more than 30 days, or both.
(d)Details.—
(1)Requests of agencies.—
On the request of the head of a Federal agency having charge or control of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government, the Secretary may detail officers and agents designated under this section for the protection of the property and persons on the property.
(2)Applicability of regulations.—The Secretary may—
(A)
extend to property referred to in paragraph (1) the applicability of regulations prescribed under this section and enforce the regulations as provided in this section; or
(B)
utilize the authority and regulations of the requesting agency if agreed to in writing by the agencies.
(3)Facilities and services of other agencies.—
When the Secretary determines it to be economical and in the public interest, the Secretary may utilize the facilities and services of Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies, with the consent of the agencies.
(e)Authority Outside Federal Property.—
For the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, the Secretary may enter into agreements with Federal agencies and with State and local governments to obtain authority for officers and agents designated under this section to enforce Federal laws and State and local laws concurrently with other Federal law enforcement officers and with State and local law enforcement officers.
(f)Secretary and Attorney General Approval.—
The powers granted to officers and agents designated under this section shall be exercised in accordance with guidelines approved by the Secretary and the Attorney General.
(g)Limitation on Statutory Construction.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to—
(1)
preclude or limit the authority of any Federal law enforcement agency; or
(2)
restrict the authority of the Administrator of General Services to promulgate regulations affecting property under the Administrator’s custody and control.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yet gh posters will continue to post about the peaceful, wonderful protestors. We are told not to believe our own eyes.
Other than being incredibly vulgar, and possibly bad parents, what law is being broken here in this video?

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has posted this yet. This is from Tom Ridge, two-term Republican governor of PA and George Bush's first Homeland Security chief. He is one of the most respected Republicans in the country.

Speaking to CNN's Michael Smerconish on SiriusXM radio Tuesday, Ridge stressed that the Department of Homeland Security "was established to protect America from the ever-present threat of global terrorism. It was not established to be the President's personal militia."

"It would be a cold day in hell before I would give consent to a unilateral, uninvited intervention into one of my cities," he continued.

Asked about those comments Wednesday, Ridge declared that "you just don't pick up the phone and order" federal agents into any community.
"I would dare say this -- and rarely will I speak for Republicans or Democrats or anybody in elected office -- I doubt if there's a Republican or Democrat today, mayor or governor, that wouldn't contest the unilateral incursion of federal agents without coordination with state and local law enforcement officials," he said.

"I just don't think that would happen. Nor should it, by the way."

USAF

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has posted this yet. This is from Tom Ridge, two-term Republican governor of PA and George Bush's first Homeland Security chief. He is one of the most respected Republicans in the country.

Speaking to CNN's Michael Smerconish on SiriusXM radio Tuesday, Ridge stressed that the Department of Homeland Security "was established to protect America from the ever-present threat of global terrorism. It was not established to be the President's personal militia."

"It would be a cold day in hell before I would give consent to a unilateral, uninvited intervention into one of my cities," he continued.

Asked about those comments Wednesday, Ridge declared that "you just don't pick up the phone and order" federal agents into any community.
"I would dare say this -- and rarely will I speak for Republicans or Democrats or anybody in elected office -- I doubt if there's a Republican or Democrat today, mayor or governor, that wouldn't contest the unilateral incursion of federal agents without coordination with state and local law enforcement officials," he said.

"I just don't think that would happen. Nor should it, by the way."
Correction...he was one of the most respected Republicans.

He'll now be Trump'd. "Neocon RINO," "might as well put D after his name."

Spoofin

Reaction score
First, you should do a bit more research (even a Google search) on what combat gear for The National Guard, SWAT, etc. looks like. It ain’t much different.

Second, this is just another tangent. If you want to support and protect violent criminals doing violent crimes then you go ahead - but using what you do/don’t like about their unis is a pretty weak reason to do it.

Top Bottom