Trump: Americans who died in war are "losers" and "suckers"

howeda7

Reaction score
How can anyone still defend this let alone want more of it?

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Belleau Wood is a consequential battle in American history, and the ground on which it was fought is venerated by the Marine Corps. America and its allies stopped the German advance toward Paris there in the spring of 1918. But Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies.

Trump remained fixated on McCain, one of the few prominent Republicans to continue criticizing him after he won the nomination. When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. “What the fuck are we doing that for? Guy was a fucking loser,” the president told aides. Trump was not invited to McCain’s funeral.

Trump’s understanding of heroism has not evolved since he became president. According to sources with knowledge of the president’s views, he seems to genuinely not understand why Americans treat former prisoners of war with respect. Nor does he understand why pilots who are shot down in combat are honored by the military. On at least two occasions since becoming president, according to three sources with direct knowledge of his views, Trump referred to former President George H. W. Bush as a “loser” for being shot down by the Japanese as a Navy pilot in World War II. (Bush escaped capture, but eight other men shot down during the same mission were caught, tortured, and executed by Japanese soldiers.)
When lashing out at critics, Trump often reaches for illogical and corrosive insults, and members of the Bush family have publicly opposed him. But his cynicism about service and heroism extends even to the World War I dead buried outside Paris—people who were killed more than a quarter century before he was born. Trump finds the notion of military service difficult to understand, and the idea of volunteering to serve especially incomprehensible. (The president did not serve in the military; he received a medical deferment from the draft during the Vietnam War because of the alleged presence of bone spurs in his feet. In the 1990s, Trump said his efforts to avoid contracting sexually transmitted diseases constituted his “personal Vietnam.”)

On Memorial Day 2017, Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, a short drive from the White House. He was accompanied on this visit by John Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, and who would, a short time later, be named the White House chief of staff. The two men were set to visit Section 60, the 14-acre area of the cemetery that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars. Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
And he will still be re-elected and not leave the White House in 2025. We are stuck.

John Galt

Reaction score
Here’s a news flash for the liberals who still don’t get it - very few people actually think Trump is a great guy. Or even a good guy. Many conservatives, myself included, think he has no moral compass, no ethics and would like nothing more than to see someone else in the WH for the next 4 years. Your continued stories showing that he’s a scum bag won’t influence us- because at the end of the day you nominated a guy who should be in Shady Acres and we still prefer Trump’s policies over Biden’s regardless of how classless he is.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Here’s a news flash for the liberals who still don’t get it - very few people actually think Trump is a great guy. Or even a good guy. Many conservatives, myself included, think he has no moral compass, no ethics and would like nothing more than to see someone else in the WH for the next 4 years. Your continued stories showing that he’s a scum bag won’t influence us- because at the end of the day you nominated a guy who should be in Shady Acres and we still prefer Trump’s policies over Biden’s regardless of how classless he is.
Oh man, you're going to have a hard time when Trump loses in 2 months.

Donovan

Reaction score
The losing side of either candidate is going to have a hard time. Both sides are dreading a victory of their opponent.

Of course the left is going to believe the Atlantic article and the right is going to be suspect of anything from MSM or left leaning magazines like The Atlantic.

John Galt

Reaction score
I slept easy for 8 years when Barry was in the WH - I’ll be fine. As the true conservative that you are, I don’t think you’ll survive no matter who wins.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I slept easy for 8 years when Barry was in the WH - I’ll be fine. As the true conservative that you are, I don’t think you’ll survive no matter who wins.
Why wouldn’t have you slept fine? Barry was a fine President and is an exemplary human being. It’s fine to disagree with the man’s world view and policies. But only the shilliest would not hold respect for how he conducted himself. And only the shilliest would think he had anything but the best interests of the country in mind.

Compare that to the piece of shit you support.

howeda7

Reaction score
The losing side of either candidate is going to have a hard time. Both sides are dreading a victory of their opponent.

Of course the left is going to believe the Atlantic article and the right is going to be suspect of anything from MSM or left leaning magazines like The Atlantic.
Dan Scavino and Sarah Huckabee? Oh well that changes nothing.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Well, here's a news flash for you. Not everyone has the attitude of "he may be a horrible human being but he's our horrible human being and we'll support him regardless." Hopefully there are enough people who don't feel the way you do to make a difference in two months.

Sorry, you've lost all of your ideals or maybe you just never had many to lose.

John Galt

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t have you slept fine? Barry was a fine President and is an exemplary human being. It’s fine to disagree with the man’s world view and policies. But only the shilliest would not hold respect for how he conducted himself. And only the shilliest would think he had anything but the best interests of the country in mind.

Compare that to the piece of shit you support.
Barry was only a fine president if you agreed that the US owed the world an apology and that we needed to become more like Europe. He was a smooth talker who still excites the fantasies of those on the far left, but even moderates became disillusioned with him.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
And he will still be re-elected and not leave the White House in 2025. We are stuck.
I've never understood why some are so confident of that. I've never believed that for a minute of his presidency.

John Galt

Reaction score
Well, here's a news flash for you. Not everyone has the attitude of "he may be a horrible human being but he's our horrible human being and we'll support him regardless." Hopefully there are enough people who don't feel the way you do to make a difference in two months.

Sorry, you've lost all of your ideals or maybe you just never had many to lose.
I’ll bet you voted for the pedophile Bill Clinton - and then his wife. And you’re lecturing others on their morals... 😉

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I’ll bet you voted for the pedophile Bill Clinton - and then his wife. And you’re lecturing others on their morals... 😉
There's no evidence that Bill Clinton was a pedophile. He was also a very competent president. There's no evidence that Hillary Clinton ever did anything illegal. The assertions of right wing rags are not evidence.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump addressed this bullshit tonight. You idiot Trump haters will believe ANYTHING.
Too bad Trump's words mean nothing thanks to his tens of thousands of lies. Multiple sources have verified the reporting. It must suck to feel you have to viscerally defend such a trash human being.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Too bad Trump's words mean nothing thanks to his tens of thousands of lies. Multiple sources have verified the reporting. It must suck to feel you have to viscerally defend such a trash human being.
Multiple sources? The media talking to each other or anonymous sources? Name them.

howeda7

Reaction score
I've never understood why some are so confident of that. I've never believed that for a minute of his presidency.
The certainty some on both sides have that Trump is going to win despite all evidence suggesting otherwise is unprecedented.

howeda7

Reaction score
Multiple sources? The media talking to each other or anonymous sources? Name them.
I already put the tweets above. You don't care. You will go down with the ship. There is nothing Trump can say or do that's disgusting enough to sway you from licking his boots.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I already put the tweets above. You don't care. You will go down with the ship. There is nothing Trump can say or do that's disgusting enough to sway you from licking his boots.
Post #3? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

They’re all NeverTrumpers.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Don’t know if you saw Trump’s statement tonight, but Trump said that he didn’t like McCain b/c he had a lot of differences with him, but that he respected him. I think he could’ve gone farther and apologized for his previous comment about McCain, but whatever.

The WWII dead didn’t insult the hell out of Trump like McCain did.

You guys are so desperate. This is just going to backfire on the left.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
No American Solderer, Army, Air Force,, Marine, Navy or Coast Guard members are NOT pussies. The only ones that are responsible for their deaths are the Government and the commanders in charge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom