Trump Admin Moves to Corrupt Coronavirus Data

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Nothing blatant here. Nope.

"Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed to CNN on Tuesday.
The move could make data less transparent to the public at a time when the administration is downplaying the spread of the pandemic, and threatens to undermine public confidence that medical data is being presented free of political interference
."

howeda7

Reaction score
Shameless. They were incompetent and let it get out of control. Time to go 3rd-world dictatorship and just lie about it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
If as the article implies, this would be pretty shady. It is a CNN story tho, so I would suggest letting this play out before getting too wound up.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Streamlining the process of recording and reporting information needed to allocate resources. Imagine that. Lefties would rather have the week delay.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Streamlining the process of recording and reporting information needed to allocate resources. Imagine that. Lefties would rather have the week delay.
Expecting those rising case numbers to nosedive. And soon! (y)

Spoofin

Reaction score
Lick lick. Lick Lick.
You aren’t bothered by collusion from the labs in Florida only reporting positive tests to make things seem worse, but this move gets to you? Are you worried that the labs won’t remember what data they send so there will be no way for anyone to ever know if it is being changed? I realize what CNN told you, but stop to think for a second.

jamiche

Reaction score
You aren’t bothered by collusion from the labs in Florida only reporting positive tests to make things seem worse, but this move gets to you? Are you worried that the labs won’t remember what data they send so there will be no way for anyone to ever know if it is being changed? I realize what CNN told you, but stop to think for a second.
It's much harder for all of the labs to get together and send out accurate, coordinated information once the WH has corrupted the data that has been sent to them. One lab reporting on its own will be much less impactful against the daily barrage of WH misinformation.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I don't know enough about this to have a strong opinion, I'm shocked so many of us on this board do.

I will say this though, the last sentence (threatens to undermine public confidence that medical data is being presented free of political interference), that's already shot. On both sides.

The left has zero confidence in anything said by Trump or his administration and the right claims mass manipulation of the medical data.

In my opinion, I don't trust Trump to be forthright but I also am pretty disgusted with how the data is already manipulated.

Section2

Reaction score
It would be just as accurate to say Trump admin moves to eliminate corruption from coronavirus data.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Are there CDC standards that each state is using so all the data is collected and displayed the same way? To me it appears that each state is on their own for how the data is collected and displayed. I.E. what constitutes a Covid death, is it the same in Texas as it is in Wisconsin or are they different.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I wish the CDC and the White House would both get the stats and they could reconcile against each other.

If they dont trust the CDC numbers, which i dont blame them for, its not the best move to just take it from them, because now the WH will be the one getting questioned and doubts

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I wish the CDC and the White House would both get the stats and they could reconcile against each other.

If they dont trust the CDC numbers, which i dont blame them for, its not the best move to just take it from them, because now the WH will be the one getting questioned and doubts
Yeah, this seems like a tactical error.

Now, no one is going to trust any of the numbers (even if they are on the up and up).

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
It would be just as accurate to say Trump admin moves to eliminate corruption from coronavirus data.
I dont think thats accurate. You cant assume no corruption is any federal entity. I think it would be better for them to work together

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Since they are only the aggregator, they can only ADD to confusion.

For all you "The Press is the Enemy of the People" people, we are one step closer to no checks and balances.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yeah, this seems like a tactical error.

Now, no one is going to trust any of the numbers (even if they are on the up and up).
What difference does it make? If it’s not this, it will be that. If it’s not that, it will be something else. There is no decision by the Trump Administration has made or will make that will please the lefties. It is pointless to make decisions on whether the left will be able to assign some corrupt intent to it. They will regardless. The Trump Administration is damned if is does and damned if it doesn’t. I don’t care what the left thinks of anything at this point. I just want to kick their ass again in November by Trump winning and taking complete control of Congress. The left has gone off a cliff with LW ideology.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
What difference does it make? If it’s not this, it will be that. If it’s not that, it will be something else. There is no decision by the Trump Administration has made or will make that will please the lefties. It is pointless to make decisions on whether the left will be able to assign some corrupt intent to it. They will regardless. The Trump Administration is damned if is does and damned if it doesn’t. I don’t care what the left thinks of anything at this point. I just want to kick their ass again in November by Trump winning and taking complete control of Congress. The left has gone off a cliff with LW ideology.
Did you have some Trump tears running down your cheeks while you typed this up?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
In short, some people don't believe anything we say, let's increase that number.

Section2

Reaction score
I dont think thats accurate. You cant assume no corruption is any federal entity. I think it would be better for them to work together
If a progressive administration had done the exact same move for the exact same reasons, that's how it would be framed. I'm not making any assumptions. This move COULD be corrupt. And it COULD be a move to remove corruption.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
You're completely right. There is nothing that he can do about that. The lunacy in the reactions regarding around all things Donald Trump is cult-like. I don't care what that group thinks either.

That said, I also don't trust Trump to be forthright and I don't know if multiple sources of disinformation gets us anywhere closer to the truth. So why muddy your hands?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
If a progressive administration had done the exact same move for the exact same reasons, that's how it would be framed. I'm not making any assumptions. This move COULD be corrupt. And it COULD be a move to remove corruption.
I agree with this, no one would blink. I would also pretty much guarantee corruption in that hypothetical.

Top Bottom