Total Authority

Section2

Reaction score
As far as what a Dem President might have done, no one can answer that. It's like asking what might have happened in '09 if Favre does not throw that interception against the Saints.

I would like to think or hope that a different President would not have "reorganized" the pandemic response team in the NSC. That a different President would have paid more attention to security briefings on the Wuhan outbreak and begun formulating a response sooner.

I would like to think that a different President would have had better coordination with the states on the issues of PPE procurement and distribution, so that states were not fighting each other for supplies.
But, that is all speculation. Hindsight is always 20-20. a different President might have made the same perceived mistakes, or made different mistakes. There is just no way to know. Like speculating how many games Claeys would have won if he had not been fired.....
I am still waiting for anyone to articulate a single thing the NSC pandemic response team could have done that would have made any difference.

Section2

Reaction score
What percentage of your posts are non-arguments? 80? Some are several paragraph long non arguments, and some are one word non arguments. I don’t blame you, you’ve been so thoroughly depantsed by me that you want a little revenge, but you don’t want to be embarrassed again. Probably safest to just throw out vague insults that keep you protected. The biggest glass house.

cncmin

Reaction score
What percentage of your posts are non-arguments? 80? Some are several paragraph long non arguments, and some are one word non arguments. I don’t blame you, you’ve been so thoroughly depantsed by me that you want a little revenge, but you don’t want to be embarrassed again. Probably safest to just throw out vague insults that keep you protected. The biggest glass house.
LOL!

Deleted_User

Reaction score
I am still waiting for anyone to articulate a single thing the NSC pandemic response team could have done that would have made any difference.
Advise the executive branch on policy response to pandemics. But, you knew that.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
I love how many threads are started to talk about a new TDS causing event.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The president doesn't have anything close to total authority. There's nothing conservative about believing that or supporting a president who says that.

He's not getting my vote again. Terrible.

Section2

Reaction score
Yawn. I saw old thread bumped and immediately knew it would be JTF with weak sauce. Twice. First bump didn’t get any bites. I’ll throw you a bone.

stocker08

Reaction score
It's pretty wild that you posted this and then were immediately attacked by the Trump brigade. Sad to think that they have become so numb to the corruption....that they think Stone is correct.

John Dean has it correct. He's just voicing what many Republicans crave. Dictatorship.

Long-time Donald Trump confidant, and convicted felon, Roger Stone said that the president should declare “martial law” to seize power if he loses what Stone characterized as an already corrupt election.

The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say, Stone declared. A loss would apparently be justification for Trump to use force to take over the nation.

Stone, who worked as an adviser in the last Trump campaign, made the astonishing statements Thursday on the InfoWars program of far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Both men talked of an ongoing “coup” against Trump, and Stone inexplicably claimed that he predicted “almost three decades ago that this moment would come.”

Stone appeared resigned to a Trump loss — but blamed it on the baseless claim that early voting has already been “corrupted.”

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.

Stone demanded that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals” and not counted, claiming with absolutely no evidence that “they are completely corrupted.”

While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

Former Nixon White House counsel John Dean blasted Stone for calling on Trump to “declare himself America’s dictator” — voicing what “many Republicans crave.”

Stone dodged 40 months in prison thanks to Trump, who commuted his sentence in July. Stone was convicted of seven federal felonies, including lying to Congress and witness tampering in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Jones called Stone “almost a political prisoner.”

howeda7

Reaction score
It's pretty wild that you posted this and then were immediately attacked by the Trump brigade. Sad to think that they have become so numb to the corruption....that they think Stone is correct.

John Dean has it correct. He's just voicing what many Republicans crave. Dictatorship.

Long-time Donald Trump confidant, and convicted felon, Roger Stone said that the president should declare “martial law” to seize power if he loses what Stone characterized as an already corrupt election.

The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say, Stone declared. A loss would apparently be justification for Trump to use force to take over the nation.

Stone, who worked as an adviser in the last Trump campaign, made the astonishing statements Thursday on the InfoWars program of far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Both men talked of an ongoing “coup” against Trump, and Stone inexplicably claimed that he predicted “almost three decades ago that this moment would come.”

Stone appeared resigned to a Trump loss — but blamed it on the baseless claim that early voting has already been “corrupted.”

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.

Stone demanded that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals” and not counted, claiming with absolutely no evidence that “they are completely corrupted.”

While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

Former Nixon White House counsel John Dean blasted Stone for calling on Trump to “declare himself America’s dictator” — voicing what “many Republicans crave.”

Stone dodged 40 months in prison thanks to Trump, who commuted his sentence in July. Stone was convicted of seven federal felonies, including lying to Congress and witness tampering in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Jones called Stone “almost a political prisoner.”

The Fellas don't care. They'd rather live in a Dictatorship under an incompetent, corrupt fool than a Democracy where they are no longer in control.

stocker08

Reaction score
The Fellas don't care. They'd rather live in a Dictatorship under an incompetent, corrupt fool than a Democracy where they are no longer in control.
It's scary to think about. That many righties are ready to hand over total authority to one person....and a complete idiot at that. To think that they might be feeding their children lysol.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The Fellas are in control under a Dictatorship?
You and I should have a chat offline.

Section2

Reaction score
Or....or...hear me out. We don’t care what Roger Stone thinks. If Trump loses, he is no longer president. If the election is a disaster and we don’t know who won, it’s settled by the courts. Trump staying if he loses is not an option. And that’s true even if our spiritual leader Roger Stone has a different opinion.

Section2

Reaction score
The Fellas are in control under a Dictatorship?
You and I should have a chat offline.
Let me add. We are in control now? The president has been investigated and prosecuted and impeached and pandemicked and resisted and rioted against his entire term. Dems are in control. Trump is president. The fellas have a tiny sliver of the potential control. Especially those living in MN.

Top Bottom