Total Authority

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Of course that's correct.

I guarantee he made the Easter thing up on the spot, or maybe in that day's meeting he said "I think I'm gonna say open it up by Easter, that sound good?" to which his advisors were like "uhhh ... well, uhh ... according to modells ... uh, we ... " and then Trump cuts them off "yeah ok, sound good to me too!".

That's a big part of the reason why he gets picked on so much by the media: he makes stuff up on the spot and ad-libs all these stupid little side comments. They're always meaningless, unplanned, and have to be walked back.

Anyone can see that.
He never said he was going to open it up on Easter. He said that was a goal, but that he'd do what's right for the people.

If confused, I will post the video yet again!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
This here is what Authority looks like:

Donald Trump January 20: I know more about viruses than anyone.”
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

And this timeline as well.
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then Trump takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
A second memo that Navarro wrote, dated Feb. 23 warned of a loss of life of as many as 1.2 million souls.
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
I can post Cuomo, Pelosi, Schumer, and all dems saying the exact same things.

You won't believe what your own eyes see, so I won't waste my time on it again!

Deleted_User

Reaction score
I can post Cuomo, Pelosi, Schumer, and all dems saying the exact same things.

You won't believe what your own eyes see, so I won't waste my time on it again!
Please do so and put in Trumps comments that were already posted in the same timeline. Then, we can bash the hell out of both parties, because they deserve to be horse whipped and tarred and feathered.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Please do so and put in Trumps comments that were already posted in the same timeline. Then, we can bash the hell out of both parties, because they deserve to be horse whipped and tarred and feathered.
I literally don't think anyone thought it would go this big!

Remember, the master of the universe, Fauci..........said it would be no big deal and was comparing it to the flu well into the end of February. The top expert was saying this.

The first time Trump did anything(cut China off)......he was called racist and fear mongerer by every leftie on the planet......even though they supposedly would have been all over it in early January. LOL

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
This guy is unbelievable! Many of these are quotes in March. Now he will tell you Trump should have been all over the virus in early January. What a tool!

Last edited:

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
go to the 2 minute mark and see this great leader spew about the greatness of New York. Oh, the arrogance. He's saying this in March and talking how it won't be a problem for the GREAT NEW YORK. Now he gets on Trump for not being on it in early January. I wish we had a media to ask questions.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Reaction score
This whole thread has taken it seriously from the beginning. Why nobody else did is beyond me.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
This whack job is against Trumps ban of China in early March!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
These idiots are all saying these things in March, and are now all over Trump for doing nothing in early January. You can't make these tools up. Luckily, we have a media to be all over them. Oh, wait.

By the way, Biden called Trumps ban on China racist and fear mongering. He is all over Trump for doing nothing earlier. How that works is a mystery, but he can say anything and never be questioned.

These leaders wouldn't have done jack schit with the virus, and would have waited way longer than Trump to do anything.

Oh, well.........who am I to wreck some of your cherished delusions!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
This whole thread has taken it seriously from the beginning. Why nobody else did is beyond me.
Why one side gets dumped on, and the other side is genius on this topic, should concern you just as much!

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Why one side gets dumped on, and the other side is genius on this topic, should concern you just as much!
I don't see much genius in me. If I don't know Eleanor Rigby, I can't claim rightly to be a genius at all. More like a cyclops with a peanut sized brain and inquisitiveness of a hermit.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see much genius in me. If I don't know Eleanor Rigby, I can't claim rightly to be a genius at all. More like a cyclops with a peanut sized brain and inquisitiveness of a hermit.
You know Dean, we disagree a lot, but I'd buy you a beer anytime!

Deleted_User

Reaction score
You know Dean, we disagree a lot, but I'd buy you a beer anytime!
I would take you up on that. And, in person I am as odd as the moon. One day I am blue. The next I am pink. And, all the while, I haven't changed a bit. My press man is just dim witted.

stocker08

Reaction score
This here is what Authority looks like:

Donald Trump January 20: I know more about viruses than anyone.”
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

And this timeline as well.
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then Trump takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
A second memo that Navarro wrote, dated Feb. 23 warned of a loss of life of as many as 1.2 million souls.
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
A brilliant timeline. Trump makes himself look like an idiot....but really....it's all calculated. :ROFLMAO:

cncmin

Reaction score
The president doesn't have anything close to total authority. There's nothing conservative about believing that or supporting a president who says that.

He's not getting my vote again. Terrible.
He may not get your vote, but will you not vote for other Republicans who are complicit in this? This guy is harmless if McConnell and Republican Congressmen would do what's right instead of yield him power.

cncmin

Reaction score
I’ve literally never said Trump is a great leader.

I have said that he has done things that my favorite candidate in 2016 or others couldn’t get done.

Low on style points. High on effectiveness. I’ll take it by far over the alternative.
Other terrible leaders throughout history have been "effective" in certain ways. They are still terrible, and don't deserve power.

Crosby

Reaction score
My opinion, after 8 pages of this thread (I didn't read all of it).... The President doesn't have sole authority. I am a states rights guy and that's where these decisions belong. But I don't think the governor has the sole authority either. Seems to me that there is some question whether business shutdowns and shelter-in-place orders are even constitutional. Kind of like arguing about who has sole authority to rob the bank. History is filled with examples though, of Presidents and governors overstepping their constitutional authority. John Adams did it. Abraham Lincoln did it. FDR did it. LBJ did it. Nixon did it. George W did it, and Obama did it. But it sure seems that people's issue with presidents overstepping their authority depends on whether you agree with their stance on that issue or not. For me, I think it's the right thing to open up the country as quickly as we can, but I disagree with the President that he has the authority as sole decision maker.

GopherJake

Reaction score
My opinion, after 8 pages of this thread (I didn't read all of it).... The President doesn't have sole authority. I am a states rights guy and that's where these decisions belong. But I don't think the governor has the sole authority either. Seems to me that there is some question whether business shutdowns and shelter-in-place orders are even constitutional. Kind of like arguing about who has sole authority to rob the bank. History is filled with examples though, of Presidents and governors overstepping their constitutional authority. John Adams did it. Abraham Lincoln did it. FDR did it. LBJ did it. Nixon did it. George W did it, and Obama did it. But it sure seems that people's issue with presidents overstepping their authority depends on whether you agree with their stance on that issue or not. For me, I think it's the right thing to open up the country as quickly as we can, but I disagree with the President that he has the authority as sole decision maker.
Interesting post. I am curious for a description of each of the presidents you mentioned overstepping their constitutional authority. Care to elaborate?

Crosby

Reaction score
Interesting post. I am curious for a description of each of the presidents you mentioned overstepping their constitutional authority. Care to elaborate?
Sure. I will give you a couple, just because doing that whole list would bore people. Let's do Lincoln and FDR.

Lincoln had a number of examples. The two most glaring are: 1) Issuing an executive order to suspend the writ of habeas corpus, and 2) issuing executive order calling for troops and the blockading of southern ports. No war had been declared, and it can certainly be argued that secession was constitutional anyway. In any event, it was under Lincoln's watch that power of the executive branch began to expand significantly in practice. Before people hammer me on the "secession was constitutional" please understand that I am only making a legal statement, not advocating for the southern cause.

How about FDR? He issued an executive order 9066, requiring many Japanese Americans to go to internment camps during WWII. It was very popular at the time but we clearly see it differently now after 75 years. FDR is still the record-holder for the number of executive orders issued (by far). Keep in mind that he served longer than any other President.

My initial point is still this... The outrage over the President's overreach of power seems to depend on whose horse you are riding.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Sure. I will give you a couple, just because doing that whole list would bore people. Let's do Lincoln and FDR.

Lincoln had a number of examples. The two most glaring are: 1) Issuing an executive order to suspend the writ of habeas corpus, and 2) issuing executive order calling for troops and the blockading of southern ports. No war had been declared, and it can certainly be argued that secession was constitutional anyway. In any event, it was under Lincoln's watch that power of the executive branch began to expand significantly in practice. Before people hammer me on the "secession was constitutional" please understand that I am only making a legal statement, not advocating for the southern cause.

How about FDR? He issued an executive order 9066, requiring many Japanese Americans to go to internment camps during WWII. It was very popular at the time but we clearly see it differently now after 75 years. FDR is still the record-holder for the number of executive orders issued (by far). Keep in mind that he served longer than any other President.

My initial point is still this... The outrage over the President's overreach of power seems to depend on whose horse you are riding.
And, both of those examples in hind sight were unnecessary.

Top Bottom