Total Authority

stocker08

Reaction score
Wow, you’re really way off. Obama’s record in Supreme Court cases for exceeding his constitutional authority is what it is, and it’s no good.

Regarding DACA, just b/c something is deemed good, doesn’t make it constitutional, and if this were challenged in court, Obama would lose. It was politically expedient to let it alone.

Trump didn’t use an Executive Order to fund the portion of the wall you’re talking about. The Defense Dept repurposed it from its existing budget.

BTW, the number of EOs has absolutely nothing to do with whether a president is exceeding his constitutional authority. The only thing that matters is whether a president is exercising authority in the EO that exceeds his constitutionally defined authority in any individual EO, or termed otherwise, breaking the law. A president could write a 1000 EOs. If none break the law, it is okay.
Where exactly do you get this from?

You say so....but you're wrong.

He declared a national emergency....."repurposing" $8 billion dollars. Both the house and the senate voted on a resolution to reject the order.....which Trump has vetoed TWICE now. Major overstep.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Then, you may enjoy Section 2, as he has similar opinions as yourself. And, you are correct, this side of Gopherhole is of two camps and some interlopers who are simply dug in to their existing opinions.
I should be honest. I spend more time on the OTB than I probably should admit. I find this site very informative with a number of really intelligent people. It didn't take long but I certainly know which side of the aisle many of the regulars fall -- BGA, S2, CRG, KGF, Howie, Jammer, Bass, Jake, MPLS Gopher, others. I just don't engage very often for the reason I specified. You are right though that I do tend to align with much of what Section 2 posts. I also know enough about your own posting history to not engage you on the medical field. It wouldn't end well for me.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Where exactly do you get this from?

You say so....but you're wrong.

He declared a national emergency....."repurposing" $8 billion dollars. Both the house and the senate voted on a resolution to reject the order.....which Trump has vetoed TWICE now. Major overstep.
Where did I get what from? What you bolded or the $3.8 billion repurposed?

The bolded, just Google it or look at the 3 articles I linked that say Obama has the worse record.
The $3.8 billion was in the link on the post you just responded to.

I gotta hit the sack. It’s after midnight here. Later.

stocker08

Reaction score
And I'm making fun of you! You are making fun of the idiot. I'm making fun of your idiot tendencies by denying Walz is doing the same thing.

I guess we can call it even.

By the way Stoker, these other posters are bludgeoning you.
The only thing that you are doing is embarrassing yourself.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
A trained chimp would have closed the borders. Biden, whom you will vote for.........called it fear mongering and racist. Pelosi said invite everyone to chinatown when Trump implemented it. Cuomo mocked it.

Dam, you can rewrite history.

And had Trump closed the borders during his impeachment.........oh boy, that would have been epic. He would have been deflecting his impeachment and been racist at the same time. It would have been a dem's wet dream.

Also, i hate to break it to you but the WHO ain't gonna happen. Mike Pence came out after Trump made the announcement, and said the the US will continue to fund the WHO. The exact same thing happened with NATO. Trump said we were going to defund it, and then Pence turned around and contradicted Trump. And guess what? We still fund NATO. You can look it up.
Everything you said here is true, damn you! Biden can still be wrong a few times and still have a better batting average than Trump. Possible or not?

stocker08

Reaction score
Where did I get what from? What you bolded or the $3.8 billion repurposed?

The bolded, just Google it or look at the 3 articles I linked that say Obama has the worse record.
The $3.8 billion was in the link on the post you just responded to.

I gotta hit the sack. It’s after midnight here. Later.
Ok. He has the worst record....and? Trump is signing far more EOs.

I saw $8 billion. And as I said....Trump doesn't get to personally go into these budgets and move billions of dollars to his vanity project under a declaration of a national emergency. Congress shot it down twice and Trump vetoed it both times. That's a MAJOR overstep.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
I should be honest. I spend more time on the OTB than I probably should admit. I find this site very informative with a number of really intelligent people. It didn't take long but I certainly know which side of the aisle many of the regulars fall -- BGA, S2, CRG, KGF, Howie, Jammer, Bass, Jake, MPLS Gopher, others. I just don't engage very often for the reason I specified. You are right though that I do tend to align with much of what Section 2 posts. I also know enough about your own posting history to not engage you on the medical field. It wouldn't end well for me.
Sometimes it doesn't end well for me as a few posters around here have more education in the field than I do and correct my occasional errant ways. When they do, I usually fess up to my mistakes and move on smartly to something else. That is how healthcare works. Own up and move on. It makes it more tolerable until they finally can your butt for making mistakes. Thankfully, I have not made critical errors on the job. Many tiny small ones that were correctable and caused no patient harm. On the board, I occassionally have hit above my weight, but then again, one of those pesky errors creeps in.

My friends know my proclivity for making the obvious mistakes. At one Gopher football game, the camera was on the baton girl with the band playing at half-time. On the scoreboard, the name said Eleanor Rigby. I told my group, hey, that baton lady must be Eleanor Rigby! Everybody laughed and my wife later told me that it was the name of the Beatles song being played. Ever since, when we get together, the subject of Eleanor Rigby will come up. And, I deserve it so.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Luckily for normal people (like myself), the only people who will buy this roughspun fabric are those who were already going to vote for Trump.

But great effort here. No doubt you’ll get some gullible saps, who were already going to vote for Trump, to call you a genius.
You further evinced my point. What Trump does works every single time. The Blue team doesn't even get it that they are helping Trump get elected. Another example for you. Trump's tweets are why the Blues are now stuck with Biden. After Warren imploded her own campaign, Trump went after him, so naturally the Blues collallesed around him. Trump couldn't have picked a better opponent. And another, today he makes a statement against WHO, so now you have all the Blues on record saying what a great job WHO did on COVID. The same process works, every, single, time.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
A trained chimp would have closed the borders. Biden, whom you will vote for.........called it fear mongering and racist. Pelosi said invite everyone to chinatown when Trump implemented it. Cuomo mocked it.

Dam, you can rewrite history.

And had Trump closed the borders during his impeachment.........oh boy, that would have been epic. He would have been deflecting his impeachment and been racist at the same time. It would have been a dem's wet dream.

Also, i hate to break it to you but the WHO ain't gonna happen. Mike Pence came out after Trump made the announcement, and said the the US will continue to fund the WHO. The exact same thing happened with NATO. Trump said we were going to defund it, and then Pence turned around and contradicted Trump. And guess what? We still fund NATO. You can look it up.
That’s A level management, there.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Just for schits and giggles, let's say Hillary or any Dem had been elected instead. What would they have done that Trump didn't?

Again, we already know they'd have stopped travel from countries like China sooner, even though it was racist and fear mongering to do so.

What else exactly would the dem person have done to have this more under control? I want to start laughing early this morning. So please post the steps they would have taken ahead of Trump.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ok. He has the worst record....and? Trump is signing far more EOs.

I saw $8 billion. And as I said....Trump doesn't get to personally go into these budgets and move billions of dollars to his vanity project under a declaration of a national emergency. Congress shot it down twice and Trump vetoed it both times. That's a MAJOR overstep.
And the Supreme Court has temporarily upheld his decision to do so. They’ll decide later whether it’s an overstep.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Just for schits and giggles, let's say Hillary or any Dem had been elected instead. What would they have done that Trump didn't?

Again, we already know they'd have stopped travel from countries like China sooner, even though it was racist and fear mongering to do so.

What else exactly would the dem person have done to have this more under control? I want to start laughing early this morning. So please post the steps they would have taken ahead of Trump.
GT, it appears that you are getting under the skin of a few lefties here with logic and humor.

That’s a bad combo for them...and explains their responses.

Please keep posting. I come here for the laughs as much as the argument.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
GT, it appears that you are getting under the skin of a few lefties here with logic and humor.

I knew you’d agree. ?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

There's always a judge whose scorecard lets you know he doesn't know the sport he's watching. Throwing more punches doesn't mean you win the round.

stocker08

Reaction score
And the Supreme Court has temporarily upheld his decision to do so. They’ll decide later whether it’s an overstep.
The supreme court that he stacked with his own henchmen. The fact is....Trump circumvented congress in a blatant power grab. A major abuse.

stocker08

Reaction score
There's always a judge whose scorecard lets you know he doesn't know the sport he's watching. Throwing more punches doesn't mean you win the round.
Especially when those punches are all misses.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
The inimitable Adam Schiff weighed in on this issue with a pithy comment:

"His power isn't absolute - but his incompetence is."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ok, so what lefty is going to call out MplsGopher?

All I see is lefties letting him flail away and supporting him when he takes a hack at Trump, and he lacks humor. Maybe Jake calls him out once in a while.

There are a few folks here full of themselves and thinking that they’re smarter than they are. We know who we think they are. ?

This isn’t a MENSA meeting and we aren’t MENSA members.

GT has asked some logical challenging questions and added a dose of humor.

This forum can be informative and challenging, but it is mostly for entertainment purposes. This is a 24 hour virtual coffee club and that’s fine.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
One week ago, and again yesterday, the President said that he is soon going to allow each governor in each of the fifty states to set their own timetable and locations within their particular states as to when and how they will reemerge from the current restrictions. He also stressed that the federal government will support whatever help each state needs regardless of how they choose to proceed. How is that his effort to have "total control"?

GopherJake

Reaction score
One week ago, and again yesterday, the President said that he is soon going to allow each governor in each of the fifty states to set their own timetable and locations within their particular states as to when and how they will reemerge from the current restrictions. He also stressed that the federal government will support whatever help each state needs regardless of how they choose to proceed. How is that his effort to have "total control"?
Then what was he talking about 2 days ago? Are you going to excuse that? Do this mental exercise. Imagine instead of Don Trump at the podium, it was Barry Obama. C'mon, do it. Be honest with yourself - and us. Does that change how you view that drivel that spewed out of the jackhole's mouth? Be honest.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Then what was he talking about 2 days ago? Are you going to excuse that? Do this mental exercise. Imagine instead of Don Trump at the podium, it was Barry Obama. C'mon, do it. Be honest with yourself - and us. Does that change how you view that drivel that spewed out of the jackhole's mouth? Be honest.
Yeah, Obama said “he wasn’t a King” and then did what he said he could only do if he was a King by instituting DACA.

Yes, Trump was stupidly claiming something that isn’t true. He likely did it b/c the media was trying to give credit elsewhere for any successes after they had just blamed him for all the failures. It was childish. Then...he calms down, and says and does the right thing.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Allow?

Panthadad2

Reaction score
So it's settled then. Governors are responsible for opening back up.

So Gov. Walz, whatcha gonna do in three weeks? Are you going to let us fish? Go "up nort" to lake country? Allow mom and pop resorts to open? Play youth softball and baseball? Invite friends to BBQs and bonfires as the leaves open and the flowering crabs start blooming?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
What Trump does works every single time.
The Blue team doesn't even get it that they are helping Trump get elected.
Of course it doesn't. Of course they aren't.

All part of your fabrication.

Trump's tweets are why the Blues are now stuck with Biden.
Another swing and miss.

Actually, a better analogy would be you, as the pitcher, throwing the ball over the umpire.

The correct reality is that blacks had cast their vote for Biden, long before any of this. They refused to support any of the other candidates. And that was that.

Had literally nothing to do with Trump and his tweets.

But you're going to weave your fabric, no matter what I say.

Blues on record saying what a great job WHO did on COVID.
And who are the people that would actually buy the idea that supporting the WHO's cv19 response is a thing that would cause a voter not to vote for you??

Only people who were already going to vote for Trump.

You're an assistant narrative crafter in the self-reinforcing echo chamber. Kudos on your promotion, up from Kool-Aid mixer.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
So it's settled then. Governors are responsible for opening back up.

So Gov. Walz, whatcha gonna do in three weeks? Are you going to let us fish? Go "up nort" to lake country? Allow mom and pop resorts to open? Play youth softball and baseball? Invite friends to BBQs and bonfires as the leaves open and the flowering crabs start blooming?
No way those resorts will be open. They're non-essential, lots of people together in close quarters, and cleaning the rooms and cabins would need to be extensive.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
No way those resorts will be open. They're non-essential, lots of people together in close quarters, and cleaning the rooms and cabins would need to be extensive.
If done right, the cleaning should be extensive regardless. My retired mother-in-law cleans at a resort for a part-time job. You could eat off her cleaned toilet. ;)

Top Bottom