Tomorrow's Uniforms - END RACISM

jblass

Reaction score
Not a fan of political messages on sports jerseys or in their venues, but if you insist on doing it, I’d go with “Erase Sin”. It covers everything. It’s the #1 problem with our country, eroding morality.
Or “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”. Hard to fit on the back of a jersey though.

stocker08

Reaction score
Not a fan of political messages on sports jerseys or in their venues, but if you insist on doing it, I’d go with “Erase Sin”. It covers everything. It’s the #1 problem with our country, eroding morality.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

stocker08

Reaction score
Here's the direct link, just one of your many racist posts. Others can decide for themselves. I for one certainly do not support your racist views and if you truly have abandoned your racism, then I applaud that movement.
Bigots like you have nothing better to do than lie and point the finger at others. Nobody is buying it.

stocker08

Reaction score
What do you find amusing about that?
Me? "Erase Sin"?

It's almost as amusing as someone like you who has 26 whole posts on this Gopher forum.....with which you basically bash the football team.

Thanks for registering. :rolleyes:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Great point - thanks!

My Mom's people are from Da Range and back in the 90s (IIRC) they got a new FB coach at their local community college who decided to recruit some non 4-year qualifying ballers form urban cities; that wasn't well received by the some in the greater Hibbing area.

Also, my college roommate freshman year was from Gainesville and he regaled me with the viewpoints of Redneck Southerners (he wasn't one); some of which were and include violence, back then in the 80s it still wasn't uncommon.

The last official lynching in this country was in 1985 in Alabama - although there have been a spate of public hangings of black men this year that have been identified as suicides; the problem with that is it doesn't map to the data of how black men commit suicide and many relatives of those who have passed, have vehemently stated that their kin weren't depressed (one of the leading inclinations of suicide) or unhappy with their life. To dismiss this out of countenance is foolhardy and ignorant, especially as we have now learned how much more prevalent killing of unarmed blacks is; it happens at a much higher % than other races.

There is also the systematic racism that has been proven in the courts, such as: redlining, voter suppression, Pigford v. Glickman (where the USDA discriminated with their loan program (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigford_v._Glickman) against black farmers), Jim Crow laws etc...

Those who choose to ignore the above do so because it fits their narrative and makes them feel more comfortable, somehow.

Then there are certain charmers who will cite an example of a successful black person and say the proves there is no racism - their argument is not structurally sound as one person is not indicative of a whole segment of people (duh) and to dismiss the fact that a majority of said segment states it is a reality, is arrogant and non-intelligent (double duh). Also, it doesn’t give the credit that person earned in reaching those heights.

Just because my thoughts or prior learnings do not align with a topic, does not make me an expert on that topic, especially when presented with those who have actually experienced said topic and state theirs is a reality differs from the one, I espouse.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes of all time by Herbert Spencer -

• Contempt Prior to Investigation
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
I rest my case. You tried very hard to craft an argument here, but failed. You have a couple anecdotal stories, a conspiracy theory about lynchings & single court case from 21 years ago.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I rest my case. You tried very hard to craft an argument here, but failed. You have a couple anecdotal stories, a conspiracy theory about lynchings & single court case from 21 years ago.
You are incorrect and inane, par usual.

I crafted a structured argument with a plethora of examples of racism (which you apparently aren't aware of, such as - redlining and Jim Crow laws) in addition to the others and in no way espoused a conspiracy theory - it's obvious you don't understand what one is and have problems under a complex argument as it doesn't fit in 140 characters or less, i.e. someone's tweet, lol - your favorite modality for making "arguments" on the OTB. My apologies that you couldn't comprehend it - spend less time on twitter and more time reading - it will make you saner and smarter.

Methinks thou dost protest too much - Holy Moly Gopherman! Not sure if you are actually a Gopher Fan or not, BTW, as I've never seen you post on the sports side in my two months of active posting (I've been a member since 2010, but only started posted recently - so I'll certainty correct it to say Badgerman, Hawkeyeman, Russianbotman, if need be - just ask me to, boo!

I will explain my argument to you section by section - so please pay attention as I’m not going to do it again.

Yes, I did relate personal anecdotes because those are some of things that I've observed/been told in my life and have had an impact on me; because you haven't experienced those doesn't make them any less valid to me or the others who have experienced them. See, you are entitled to your opinions, but not my experiences, that's not how humanity and freedom function.

It appears that you aren't very well educated on these topics, so I will briefly illuminate these for you -

I mixed up the date (my bad) of the last official lynching it was 1981 and not 1985 -

The lynching of Michael Donald in Mobile, Alabama on March 21, 1981, was one of the last reported lynching in the United States. Several Ku Klux Klan members beat and killed Michael Donald, a 19-year-old African-American, and hung his body from a tree. One perpetrator, Henry Hays, was executed by electric chair in 1997, while another, James Knowles, was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty and testifying against Hays

Regarding the total number of lynching committed, it will naturally vary depending on the source, but here is one estimate (no racism there though, huh). I -
Nearly 2,000 Black Americans Were Lynched During Reconstruction
A new report brings the number of victims of racial terror killings between 1865 and 1950 to almost 6,500

Regarding systematic racism which I mentioned in my post, I will go through one at a time, providing definitions for you (since you seem to be uneducated on them) that I deem germane to the discussion-

Redlining is a discriminatory practice that puts services (financial and otherwise) out of reach for residents of certain areas based on race or ethnicity. It can be seen in the systematic denial of mortgages, insurance, loans, and other financial services based on location (and that area’s default history) rather than on an individual’s qualifications and creditworthiness. Notably, the policy of redlining is felt the most by residents of minority neighborhoods.

Redlining - cases proven in a court of law -

Redlining is Alive and Well—and Evolving
Nine recent, high-profile cases show the discriminatory practice of redlining is not a thing of the past. It’s even spread to your Facebook account.

Those are recent cases and redlining has been going on for a long time - use your Google machine to learn more cutie pie.

Jim Crow laws (hint laws was a giveaway I wasn't making this up) -

Here's a good summation of them (you will see race is referred to in some charming ways, such as colored) -

Jim Crow laws were a collection of state and local statutes that legalized racial segregation. Named after a Black minstrel show character, the laws—which existed for about 100 years, from the post-Civil War era until 1968—were meant to marginalize African Americans by denying them the right to vote, hold jobs, get an education or other opportunities. Those who attempted to defy Jim Crow laws often faced arrest, fines, jail sentences, violence and death.

AND -

Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States.[1] These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period.[2] The Jim Crow laws were enforced until 1965.[3]

In practice, Jim Crow laws mandated racial segregation in all public facilities in the states of the former Confederate States of America and in some others, beginning in the 1870s. Jim Crow laws were upheld in 1896 in the case of Plessy vs. Ferguson, in which the U.S. Supreme Court laid out its "separate but equal" legal doctrine for facilities for African Americans. Moreover, public education had essentially been segregated since its establishment in most of the South after the Civil War in 1861–65.

From the Wikipedia link -

Seems like this sign refers to a person's race instead of class or am I somehow mistaken???

1606096044866.png

There are innumerable polls besides this one which stipulate more or less the same findings regarding racism in the US-

Nine in 10 Americans believe that racism and police violence are problems in the country, a Guardian/Opinium Research poll has found, a sign that public opinion is shifting away from the views put forward by Donald Trump.

The US president has been criticized for relentlessly stoking white fear and grievance in recent weeks, putting him at odds with Black Lives Matter anti-racism protests that have swept the nation following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis in May.

But the Opinium survey of 2,000 US adults, conducted for the Guardian between 19 and 24 June, suggests that Trump is out of sync with the mood across the political spectrum.

Some 91% of Americans now agree that racism is a problem in the US and 72% deem it is a serious one. Similarly, 89% think police violence is a problem and 65% consider it serious.

So, it appears that you are in the minority (pun intended) in your views!

Your craven dismissal regarding the families of the dead young black men who have denied that they weren’t suicides was a plea for there to be an in-depth investigation to see if they were murdered instead; most parents whose child wasn’t exhibiting suicidal behavior would request a more through investigation. I know I would, but not you?? I can’t imagine the pain that would inflict on a parent and to make it part of your gotcha post displays a lack of sensitivity and humanity which is galling.

No conspiracy was alleged by the me. Why? Because I never stated or implied a conspiracy, which is defined as such –

An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.

Never said it was a group (hint for it be a conspiracy it has to involve more then one person) killing them, only that they weren’t able to get the investigation into their children’s deaths which they requested, despite the fact that statistically black men don’t hang themselves.

I’m not going to go put for the effort to dig up the stats regarding black men being killed at a higher% than other races as that was discussed ad nauseum this summer.

Love your repeated arrogance in telling posters they don’t understand the difference between classism and racism. So what qualifies you as an expert on the subject? Do you have a sociology degree yourself or perhaps teach that subject?

We all know that answer to that is a big fat No, as you have no concept even on what racism is and the manifestations of it in this country and how it has been addressed by the courts; but, I don’t blame you, as they didn’t teach that in my high school either, I learned it in college.

So today’s education was free, but your lack of substantive thinking bores me and I’m done with you in this thread. Hopefully you learned today how to structure a complex argument (with data and examples) you can use to refute someone who types a one paragraph with the deep premise,

“Mongo right NYC wrong.”

1606096109746.png

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
What is the Guardian, and why should I trust that poll?
Thanks for reading my post and your question.

The Guardian is a well regarded British paper and has been frequently voted the most trusted paper in the UK. They are most well know as the lead paper in publishing the Edward Snowden and his release of the Obama Administration's global wire tapping program; they have also had multiple other scoops - see below from their Wikipedia page.

Chief among the notable "scoops" obtained by the paper was the 2011 News International phone-hacking scandal—and in particular the hacking of the murdered English teenager Milly Dowler's phone.[15] The investigation led to the closure of the News of the World, the UK's best-selling Sunday newspaper and one of the highest-circulation newspapers in history.[16] In June 2013, The Guardian broke news of the secret collection by the Obama administration of Verizon telephone records,[17] and subsequently revealed the existence of the surveillance program PRISM after knowledge of it was leaked to the paper by the whistleblower and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.[18] In 2016, The Guardian led an investigation into the Panama Papers, exposing then–Prime Minister David Cameron's links to offshore bank accounts. It has been named "newspaper of the year" four times at the annual British Press Awards: most recently in 2014, for its reporting on government surveillance.[19]

IMO they publish good journalism and will publish the news regardless of which side of the political spectrum it falls on; this to me indicates, to me, a news source I can trust.

Additionally, there were several other polls which published similar results: type polls on racism in America in Google and you will see numerous ones; I'm old so I still use yahoo as my browser and even have a functional yahoo email as well (at least its not an AOL email address, lol).

Also the Guardian's poll was conducted ~3 weeks after George Floyd's murder, so that event may or my not have biased the answers of the 2000 people they polled (that is a large number - my old career was in marketing research and as part of that business, we polled people).

Personally, I now try and and use the Herbert Spencer quote, which was in my original post, as a guide to help me in keeping an open mind. It helps me deal with my biases, we all have them.

So my approach might be more along the lines of, "Why wouldn't I believe the Guardian's poll?"

Ultimately, I cannot make the decision whether you believe it or not - I can only simply provide you with my answers and the rest of it is up to you, my friend.

B

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
You are incorrect and inane, par usual.

I crafted a structured argument with a plethora of examples of racism (which you apparently aren't aware of, such as - redlining and Jim Crow laws) in addition to the others and in no way espoused a conspiracy theory - it's obvious you don't understand what one is and have problems under a complex argument as it doesn't fit in 140 characters or less, i.e. someone's tweet, lol - your favorite modality for making "arguments" on the OTB. My apologies that you couldn't comprehend it - spend less time on twitter and more time reading - it will make you saner and smarter.

Methinks thou dost protest too much - Holy Moly Gopherman! Not sure if you are actually a Gopher Fan or not, BTW, as I've never seen you post on the sports side in my two months of active posting (I've been a member since 2010, but only started posted recently - so I'll certainty correct it to say Badgerman, Hawkeyeman, Russianbotman, if need be - just ask me to, boo!

I will explain my argument to you section by section - so please pay attention as I’m not going to do it again.

Yes, I did relate personal anecdotes because those are some of things that I've observed/been told in my life and have had an impact on me; because you haven't experienced those doesn't make them any less valid to me or the others who have experienced them. See, you are entitled to your opinions, but not my experiences, that's not how humanity and freedom function.

It appears that you aren't very well educated on these topics, so I will briefly illuminate these for you -

I mixed up the date (my bad) of the last official lynching it was 1981 and not 1985 -

The lynching of Michael Donald in Mobile, Alabama on March 21, 1981, was one of the last reported lynching in the United States. Several Ku Klux Klan members beat and killed Michael Donald, a 19-year-old African-American, and hung his body from a tree. One perpetrator, Henry Hays, was executed by electric chair in 1997, while another, James Knowles, was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty and testifying against Hays

Regarding the total number of lynching committed, it will naturally vary depending on the source, but here is one estimate (no racism there though, huh). I -
Nearly 2,000 Black Americans Were Lynched During Reconstruction
A new report brings the number of victims of racial terror killings between 1865 and 1950 to almost 6,500

Regarding systematic racism which I mentioned in my post, I will go through one at a time, providing definitions for you (since you seem to be uneducated on them) that I deem germane to the discussion-

Redlining is a discriminatory practice that puts services (financial and otherwise) out of reach for residents of certain areas based on race or ethnicity. It can be seen in the systematic denial of mortgages, insurance, loans, and other financial services based on location (and that area’s default history) rather than on an individual’s qualifications and creditworthiness. Notably, the policy of redlining is felt the most by residents of minority neighborhoods.

Redlining - cases proven in a court of law -

Redlining is Alive and Well—and Evolving
Nine recent, high-profile cases show the discriminatory practice of redlining is not a thing of the past. It’s even spread to your Facebook account.

Those are recent cases and redlining has been going on for a long time - use your Google machine to learn more cutie pie.

Jim Crow laws (hint laws was a giveaway I wasn't making this up) -

Here's a good summation of them (you will see race is referred to in some charming ways, such as colored) -

Jim Crow laws were a collection of state and local statutes that legalized racial segregation. Named after a Black minstrel show character, the laws—which existed for about 100 years, from the post-Civil War era until 1968—were meant to marginalize African Americans by denying them the right to vote, hold jobs, get an education or other opportunities. Those who attempted to defy Jim Crow laws often faced arrest, fines, jail sentences, violence and death.

AND -

Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States.[1] These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period.[2] The Jim Crow laws were enforced until 1965.[3]

In practice, Jim Crow laws mandated racial segregation in all public facilities in the states of the former Confederate States of America and in some others, beginning in the 1870s. Jim Crow laws were upheld in 1896 in the case of Plessy vs. Ferguson, in which the U.S. Supreme Court laid out its "separate but equal" legal doctrine for facilities for African Americans. Moreover, public education had essentially been segregated since its establishment in most of the South after the Civil War in 1861–65.

From the Wikipedia link -

Seems like this sign refers to a person's race instead of class or am I somehow mistaken???

View attachment 10608

There are innumerable polls besides this one which stipulate more or less the same findings regarding racism in the US-

Nine in 10 Americans believe that racism and police violence are problems in the country, a Guardian/Opinium Research poll has found, a sign that public opinion is shifting away from the views put forward by Donald Trump.

The US president has been criticized for relentlessly stoking white fear and grievance in recent weeks, putting him at odds with Black Lives Matter anti-racism protests that have swept the nation following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis in May.

But the Opinium survey of 2,000 US adults, conducted for the Guardian between 19 and 24 June, suggests that Trump is out of sync with the mood across the political spectrum.

Some 91% of Americans now agree that racism is a problem in the US and 72% deem it is a serious one. Similarly, 89% think police violence is a problem and 65% consider it serious.

So, it appears that you are in the minority (pun intended) in your views!

Your craven dismissal regarding the families of the dead young black men who have denied that they weren’t suicides was a plea for there to be an in-depth investigation to see if they were murdered instead; most parents whose child wasn’t exhibiting suicidal behavior would request a more through investigation. I know I would, but not you?? I can’t imagine the pain that would inflict on a parent and to make it part of your gotcha post displays a lack of sensitivity and humanity which is galling.

No conspiracy was alleged by the me. Why? Because I never stated or implied a conspiracy, which is defined as such –

An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.

Never said it was a group (hint for it be a conspiracy it has to involve more then one person) killing them, only that they weren’t able to get the investigation into their children’s deaths which they requested, despite the fact that statistically black men don’t hang themselves.

I’m not going to go put for the effort to dig up the stats regarding black men being killed at a higher% than other races as that was discussed ad nauseum this summer.

Love your repeated arrogance in telling posters they don’t understand the difference between classism and racism. So what qualifies you as an expert on the subject? Do you have a sociology degree yourself or perhaps teach that subject?

We all know that answer to that is a big fat No, as you have no concept even on what racism is and the manifestations of it in this country and how it has been addressed by the courts; but, I don’t blame you, as they didn’t teach that in my high school either, I learned it in college.

So today’s education was free, but your lack of substantive thinking bores me and I’m done with you in this thread. Hopefully you learned today how to structure a complex argument (with data and examples) you can use to refute someone who types a one paragraph with the deep premise,

“Mongo right NYC wrong.”

View attachment 10609
Again, you're talking about racism during the reconstruction, which was 150 years ago. 150 years ago racism existed against the Jews, Irish & Italians as well. We live in 2020 & I don't believe racism is a real issue for the Jews, Irish, or Italians anymore either. You're talking about the days of Jim Crow, when they were still lynching Catholics. We've evolved. You cite a single lynching from 41 years ago. Hell, 4 Black guys robbed, beat up & urinated on a White girl on Grand Ave a couple summers ago while hurling racial epitaphs at her. What does that prove? Nothing. Random examples are random.

There is no current rash of lynchings of Black men. That's pure fantasy & wishful thinking on your part.

As for racism in policing, it's very simple & the data backs up my point. The % of unarmed Black men (Black women being shot by police are statistically irrelevant) corresponds to the % of violent crime committed by Black men. In fact, Black men shot by the police are underrepresented compared the % of violent crime they commit. It's a numbers game like sales. The more volume of police interactions you have, the more likely to have a bad police interaction. When you drill down into the data, each year there are perhaps 3-4 bad shootings of unarmed Black men. That's out of hundreds of millions of police interactions annually. Statistically, a Black man, even one committing violent felonies, is more likely to die from being struck by lightening, than to be killed by the police without cause. There's always room for improvement by the police, but the idea that racist cops are out hunting down innocent Black men, is nothing but manufactured fear.

Again, I'm not arguing racism never existed. Slavery was not a hoax. Jim Crow existed. From time to time we see actual racism today, but it's very rare. 99% of what we call "racism" today, is actually "classism".

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Thanks for reading my post and your question.

The Guardian is a well regarded British paper and has been frequently voted the most trusted paper in the UK. They are most well know as the lead paper in publishing the Edward Snowden and his release of the Obama Administration's global wire tapping program; they have also had multiple other scoops - see below from their Wikipedia page.

Chief among the notable "scoops" obtained by the paper was the 2011 News International phone-hacking scandal—and in particular the hacking of the murdered English teenager Milly Dowler's phone.[15] The investigation led to the closure of the News of the World, the UK's best-selling Sunday newspaper and one of the highest-circulation newspapers in history.[16] In June 2013, The Guardian broke news of the secret collection by the Obama administration of Verizon telephone records,[17] and subsequently revealed the existence of the surveillance program PRISM after knowledge of it was leaked to the paper by the whistleblower and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.[18] In 2016, The Guardian led an investigation into the Panama Papers, exposing then–Prime Minister David Cameron's links to offshore bank accounts. It has been named "newspaper of the year" four times at the annual British Press Awards: most recently in 2014, for its reporting on government surveillance.[19]

IMO they publish good journalism and will publish the news regardless of which side of the political spectrum it falls on; this to me indicates, to me, a news source I can trust.

Additionally, there were several other polls which published similar results: type polls on racism in America in Google and you will see numerous ones; I'm old so I still use yahoo as my browser and even have a functional yahoo email as well (at least its not an AOL email address, lol).

Also the Guardian's poll was conducted ~3 weeks after George Floyd's murder, so that event may or my not have biased the answers of the 2000 people they polled (that is a large number - my old career was in marketing research and as part of that business, we polled people).

Personally, I now try and and use the Herbert Spencer quote, which was in my original post, as a guide to help me in keeping an open mind. It helps me deal with my biases, we all have them.

So my approach might be more along the lines of, "Why wouldn't I believe the Guardian's poll?"

Ultimately, I cannot make the decision whether you believe it or not - I can only simply provide you with my answers and the rest of it is up to you, my friend.

B
Polls are nothing more than anecdotal evidence. What random Americans answer to poll questions is not proof of anything, other than that they're misinformed by the MSM.

USAF

Reaction score
That's one post, which you're lying about. How about a single other? Liar

Your Qanon meeting is coming up soon. Going to figure out which politican you're going to smear with pedophile claims.
Never wrestle with a pig. You both end up muddy, and the pig enjoys it.

Just ignore 45, like the rest of the sane world.

Wally

Reaction score
I'm not against it at all. My question is why if we are involved some social issues, why not others? Yes, I am sure that this issue is important to the players because many are young African Americans. My point is what could be the power of a message of anti-domestic violence or non supportive parents?
Whataboutism, if your not perfect you don't have the right to comment on any issue. Total nonsense.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Again, you're talking about racism during the reconstruction, which was 150 years ago. 150 years ago racism existed against the Jews, Irish & Italians as well. We live in 2020 & I don't believe racism is a real issue for the Jews, Irish, or Italians anymore either. You're talking about the days of Jim Crow, when they were still lynching Catholics. We've evolved. You cite a single lynching from 41 years ago. Hell, 4 Black guys robbed, beat up & urinated on a White girl on Grand Ave a couple summers ago while hurling racial epitaphs at her. What does that prove? Nothing. Random examples are random.

There is no current rash of lynchings of Black men. That's pure fantasy & wishful thinking on your part.

As for racism in policing, it's very simple & the data backs up my point. The % of unarmed Black men (Black women being shot by police are statistically irrelevant) corresponds to the % of violent crime committed by Black men. In fact, Black men shot by the police are underrepresented compared the % of violent crime they commit. It's a numbers game like sales. The more volume of police interactions you have, the more likely to have a bad police interaction. When you drill down into the data, each year there are perhaps 3-4 bad shootings of unarmed Black men. That's out of hundreds of millions of police interactions annually. Statistically, a Black man, even one committing violent felonies, is more likely to die from being struck by lightening, than to be killed by the police without cause. There's always room for improvement by the police, but the idea that racist cops are out hunting down innocent Black men, is nothing but manufactured fear.

Again, I'm not arguing racism never existed. Slavery was not a hoax. Jim Crow existed. From time to time we see actual racism today, but it's very rare. 99% of what we call "racism" today, is actually "classism".
One Qanon supporter trying to make the rest of them feel better about themselves for fearing and hating humans they've never met who have dark skin pigment.

CRG: "See, it's just poor people who are fault. Not blacks, so you don't have to feel bad about hating a poor black person, because you're really just hating a poor person!"

Wally

Reaction score
End racism? And give up the Victim Card that gets you free stuff and not have to be accountable for your actions? Good luck with that.
End racism and give up your privledge that gets you opportunities and the benefit of the doubt in most situations... Good luck with that ...

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The WaPo keeps a log of "unarmed Black people" killed by the cops. Included in that number is a driver that was the wheelman in which his passenger was doing a drive-by shooting on the police. There are 2-3 instances where a Black man tried to (or succeeded) run over a cop with his car. There are Black people who were killed accidentally as they crossed the street & were hit by a cop car during a high speed chase. I don't mean to minimize their deaths, but including them in that statistic may be accurate technically, but only serves to perpetuate the myth of racist cops running around hunting down unarmed Black men, when no reasonable person would include those incidents in an honest discussion on the topic.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I don't think you used big enough fonts BTW, lol. And you're welcome BTW, for the in-depth answer I provided. You know what they say, the bigger font, the smaller hands see the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

What's the source or your data? Just posting a bunch of data, doesn't count for much in a debate - you need an actual source. Why is that important? For your post to be taken seriously people need to be transparent about it so people can see if it is a valid source and the methodology used to compute the numbers is accurate; otherwise it's all cattle and no hat as my friends for Texas like to say and show knows, could have been supplied by Hugo Chavez - apparently he's been pretty active recently for someone who has been dead since 2013.

I also said unarmed African-American are killed at a higher rate than other races; nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Polls are nothing more than anecdotal evidence. What random Americans answer to poll questions is not proof of anything, other than that they're misinformed by the MSM.
LOL - swing and a miss as usual- just like your little league baseball career????????????????????

The point is, Stephen Hawking, that when a plurality of polls reach the same basic result it is very relevant as the data is being received from multiple different sources - get the concept? Or are flash cards required, Poopsie???

Your crack about the MSM is your crutch and standby, and beyond hilarious, since you routinely post thought leaders on the OTB, such as, Rising Serpent, as legit news sources. I wonder who is more apt to be correct, a journalist, who went to J school (which costs a lot of money) and whose career/income is predicated on being being accurate and doing a good or an anonymous person on twitter with a moniker like that. It's a rhetorical question, hence the absence of a question mark, big smiley.

You like to live in a world where you're always right/never wrong and it's always someone else's fault. Rock on BroMesiter, but don't get it twisted if others like to live in world where the sky is blue.

Poopsie its time to -

1606167439582.png

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
African Americans commit violent crime at a higher rate than other races; nothing more, nothing less.
What does your statement have to do at all with my post??

If what you say is accurate, and until you start providing data it doesn't matter what you say cause you'll say anything (great movie though), and no one believe you and your conspiracy nonsense at this point - you have no credibility - just look at how many of your posts receive a favorable reaction score (it may be the worse on the board - but then you're just so much smarter than us all Rising Serpent).

I really hope you're not saying that your statement justifies the shooting on unarmed black men as that would be heinous, vile and worthy of everyone putting you on their ignore list (if you don't feed the troll they die because they live off of negativity).

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Everyone: unarmed African-Americans are killed by police at 50x the rate of other races.

CRG: African-Americans commit 2x as many violent crimes as other races, so that is warranted.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Everyone: unarmed African-Americans are killed by police at 50x the rate of other races.

CRG: African-Americans commit 2x as many violent crimes as other races, so that is warranted.
Justifying without overtly coming out and saying it.

Last edited:

wiscsucks

Reaction score
I don't think you used big enough fonts BTW, lol. And you're welcome BTW, for the in-depth answer I provided. You know what they say, the bigger font, the smaller hands see the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

What's the source or your data? Just posting a bunch of data, doesn't count for much in a debate - you need an actual source. Why is that important? For your post to be taken seriously people need to be transparent about it so people can see if it is a valid source and the methodology used to compute the numbers is accurate; otherwise it's all cattle and no hat as my friends for Texas like to say and show knows, could have been supplied by Hugo Chavez - apparently he's been pretty active recently for someone who has been dead since 2013.

I also said unarmed African-American are killed at a higher rate than other races; nothing more, nothing less.
You show a ton on your child like and sarcastic response. I asked a legitimate question on the Guardian and you had a response that appeared normal. I'm not sure why you seem to think everyone who questions you is your enemy and need to be talked down to. I will admit the BIG ENOUGH FONTS was not written by me. It is an attachment I found, and it appeared fairly accurate when compared to the DOJ statistics. Unlike what you appear, I am open for discussion and learning. Stop being so angry.

Wally

Reaction score
Yes when you copy and paste headlines they are often in blown up fonts

Top Bottom