Tomorrow's Uniforms - END RACISM

stocker08

Reaction score
You have not answered why one and not another though. For example the issue of sexual and domestic violence have been tied closely to our athletic problem. That issue should be important to them as well as racism.
Sure I have. THESE players have what to do with that sexual assault or domestic violence. I'm just extremely confused why YOU of all people are trying to decide what their cause should be....and what it shouldn't be. It's really weird.

Let me just say this......I wouldn't come into a thread about sexual assault or domestic violence......guns blazing......wondering why we were wasting time talking about those when we could be talking about racism.

Do you question why people donate money to aids research when they could be giving that money to cancer research?

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Sure I have. THESE players have what to do with that sexual assault or domestic violence. I'm just extremely confused why YOU of all people are trying to decide what their cause should be....and what it shouldn't be. It's really weird.

Let me just say this......I wouldn't come into a thread about sexual assault or domestic violence......guns blazing......wondering why we were wasting time talking about those when we could be talking about racism.

Do you question why people donate money to aids research when they could be giving that money to cancer research?
Again I didn't come in here arguing why we are talking about racism and you know it. I am more than willing to discuss this, but ask yourself, why you won't debate me and what I am actually saying. You are creating strawmen to make your point. There has to be some room to question you, correct?

stocker08

Reaction score
Again I didn't come in here arguing why we are talking about racism and you know it. I am more than willing to discuss this, but ask yourself, why you won't debate me and what I am actually saying. You are creating strawmen to make your point. There has to be some room to question you, correct?
No I'm not. You are trying to determine what their "message" should be. You aren't the ultimate determiner of that. Let it rest. Nobody in that locker room or on this board thinks that sexual assault or domestic violence is not an issue.

Your insistence on this is really concerning. Racism, sexual assault, domestic violence are ALL PROBLEMS!

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
You have not answered why one and not another though. For example the issue of sexual and domestic violence have been tied closely to our athletic problem. That issue should be important to them as well as racism.
I think the answer to your question is that one group, much much more than all of the other ethnic demographics, has a significantly better marketing department than all the rest.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Good post and it's origins from my understanding are colonial Europe; it gave them a rationalization to enslave people who looked different than them and alleviate any Christian guilt they had in doing so as it was being perpetuated on a inferior group of people.

Also, it has been scientifically that earliest know man on record came from the Rift valley in Eastern Arica -

View attachment 10581
Exactly correct: race was invented as a way to morally/legally enable slavery of other humans.

People legitimately thought of other humans as "sub-humans" because of the type of skin pigmentation they had. For hundreds of years.

In this country.

The echo's of which are still very much alive today.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Exactly correct: race was invented as a way to morally/legally enable slavery of other humans.

People legitimately thought of other humans as "sub-humans" because of the type of skin pigmentation they had. For hundreds of years.

In this country.

The echo's of which are still very much alive today.
Pathetic and sad that it still resonates today on some levels - keep fighting the good fight my brother!

goldengophers

Reaction score
End racism? And give up the Victim Card that gets you free stuff and not have to be accountable for your actions? Good luck with that.
That's why they call it representative democracy, fitting given our President is the most aggrieved victim alive; despite being born on 3rd base.

Last edited:

fair

Reaction score
Will get lost in all the bickering but checked out a highlight from the Maryland game and they had last names on the back of their jersey as far as I could tell.
Yeah I saw that too... can't remember what game I'm thinking of. Some of the players had "Equality" on the back I believe.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
99% of "racism" is misunderstood "classism". There's almost no true racism in America. A few fringe groups like the KKK, NeoNazis, Black Panthers, & Nation of Islam may believe in racial superiority, but virtually no one in mainstream society does.

McGopherFan

Reaction score
Not going to wade into the argument on the value of doing this or the impact it may or may not have.

The only thing that surprises me a little bit is that we are even able to do this. Has another NCAA team put slogans on their jersey that are not associated with the team like this? I can't think of another example that I have seen.
some Maryland players has message rather than names during this year's game.

McGopherFan

Reaction score
Will get lost in all the bickering but checked out a highlight from the Maryland game and they had last names on the back of their jersey as far as I could tell.
It was a mixed bag. Some had a message some had their names. There was not much continuity.

McGopherFan

Reaction score

The focus is soft. But there are several Equality, Justice and other repeated single word slogans in the hype gathering. They are roughly week-long and easy to miss. More subtle than Minnesota s approach.

According to a quick search Maryland had four words including, Equality and Justice instead of names for their first game v Northwestern.

goldengophers

Reaction score
99% of "racism" is misunderstood "classism". There's almost no true racism in America. A few fringe groups like the KKK, NeoNazis, Black Panthers, & Nation of Islam may believe in racial superiority, but virtually no one in mainstream society does.
This is what I believed until I went to college in outstate Minnesota.

stocker08

Reaction score
CRG is one of the morons that claims it doesn't exist. Why? Ignorance....maybe. Something worse....possibly. Don't have to look much further than the OTB to see who his colleagues (political buddies) are.....

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Someone should suggest to Agent Zero that the team wears Stop Racism jerseys until Nadine raises her head.

badum tsss :cool03:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Great point - thanks!

My Mom's people are from Da Range and back in the 90s (IIRC) they got a new FB coach at their local community college who decided to recruit some non 4-year qualifying ballers form urban cities; that wasn't well received by the some in the greater Hibbing area.

Also, my college roommate freshman year was from Gainesville and he regaled me with the viewpoints of Redneck Southerners (he wasn't one); some of which were and include violence, back then in the 80s it still wasn't uncommon.

The last official lynching in this country was in 1985 in Alabama - although there have been a spate of public hangings of black men this year that have been identified as suicides; the problem with that is it doesn't map to the data of how black men commit suicide and many relatives of those who have passed, have vehemently stated that their kin weren't depressed (one of the leading inclinations of suicide) or unhappy with their life. To dismiss this out of countenance is foolhardy and ignorant, especially as we have now learned how much more prevalent killing of unarmed blacks is; it happens at a much higher % than other races.

There is also the systematic racism that has been proven in the courts, such as: redlining, voter suppression, Pigford v. Glickman (where the USDA discriminated with their loan program (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigford_v._Glickman) against black farmers), Jim Crow laws etc...

Those who choose to ignore the above do so because it fits their narrative and makes them feel more comfortable, somehow.

Then there are certain charmers who will cite an example of a successful black person and say the proves there is no racism - their argument is not structurally sound as one person is not indicative of a whole segment of people (duh) and to dismiss the fact that a majority of said segment states it is a reality, is arrogant and non-intelligent (double duh). Also, it doesn’t give the credit that person earned in reaching those heights.

Just because my thoughts or prior learnings do not align with a topic, does not make me an expert on that topic, especially when presented with those who have actually experienced said topic and state theirs is a reality differs from the one, I espouse.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes of all time by Herbert Spencer -

• Contempt Prior to Investigation
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

Last edited:

Livingat45north

Reaction score
It, unfortunately, does exist. As an example, here's a May 26th post from MPLSGopher responding to Nokmis's concern about business and churches being burned down, where MPLSGopher states because they're businesses and churches owned by minorities, it's not a big deal if they get destroyed.

Nokomis said:
I see a protest is planned, but hopefully no riots. Frey, Walz, and the FBI have responded, so hopefully that quells some of the anger.
MPLSGOPHER: There's not a lot to destroy on that corner. There's a minority owned grocery store, a minority owned restaurant, a national chain gas station, and an African-American church. Now if they start marching down Chicago towards downtown, that would be something.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
CRG is one of the morons that claims it doesn't exist. Why? Ignorance....maybe. Something worse....possibly. Don't have to look much further than the OTB to see who his colleagues (political buddies) are.....
Racism is damaging to his tribe. So he's trying to tell anyone who will listen (mostly his own tribe) that Racism itself doesn't actually exist (no, see, it's "classism") and convince them that Racism is just a lie from the left to try to make them feel bad about themselves.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
For those who care -- granted I know most people don't read 45's posts, since he's a Qanon radical who hangs around on GH's OTB for no reason (he's a Florida Gators fan, and not from Minnesota, assuming he's from Florida), though lately he's at least been making cute little posts in the sports forums now and then, to make it look like he cares about Gopher athletics. -- he's, of course, lying about what I said.

In the actual context of the conversation, I was merely pointing out that the dollar figure of the few businesses on that corner was relatively low. My fault, I guess, for also explaining at the same time that they were/are minority owned/run establishments, as that gave him the opportunity to lie and claim that I was saying they're low value because they're minority owned/run.

Just know that he's a pathological liar. You have to be to believe in and support Qanon, which he does.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Nice that the two most vile posters on the GH OTB board (who don't give a s__t about Gopher athletics) could show up to fully plunge this thread into OTB filth. Who would've guessed that would happen?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
For those who care -- granted I know most people don't read 45's posts, since he's a Qanon radical who hangs around on GH's OTB for no reason (he's a Florida Gators fan, and not from Minnesota, assuming he's from Florida), though lately he's at least been making cute little posts in the sports forums now and then, to make it look like he cares about Gopher athletics. -- he's, of course, lying about what I said.

In the actual context of the conversation, I was merely pointing out that the dollar figure of the few businesses on that corner was relatively low. My fault, I guess, for also explaining at the same time that they were/are minority owned/run establishments, as that gave him the opportunity to lie and claim that I was saying they're low value because they're minority owned/run.

Just know that he's a pathological liar. You have to be to believe in and support Qanon, which he does.
You can attack people all you want telling lies and making up stories, but you're the one that continually posts racist comments along with statements such as your desire to kill people that do not share your extreme political views. I'm just pointing out to others that yes, racism exists. In my opinion, you have the right to your views, and I have the right to point out that I strongly disagree with your racism. You're the one that types the posts, it's your direct words.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I've never posted a racism comment, and you're a liar who supports Qanon. That should be all anyone needs to know about you and CRG, two peas in a pod. Probably work buddies, and he invited you to come to GH so you could troll the OTB and make it extra filthy.

I've only ever posted one comment that you're lying about saying I post desiring to kill people. That was that it was too bad that Bolsonaro didn't sccumb to his knifing. He's a wicked, vile mafia leader who tricked good, decent people in Brazil into voting for him, much like Trump did here, only he regularly has people killed and tortured in that country, not to mention killing many thousands of Brazillians due to covid negligence.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That's one post, which you're lying about. How about a single other? Liar

Your Qanon meeting is coming up soon. Going to figure out which politican you're going to smear with pedophile claims.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
That's one post, which you're lying about. How about a single other? Liar

Your Qanon meeting is coming up soon. Going to figure out which politican you're going to smear with pedophile claims.
I'm not going to share in spreading your additional racist posts on this thread (nor the ones where you think pedophilia is something to joke and laugh about). I just wanted to point out to others that racism certainly does exist, which I've done. We can't pretend it's not there.

Top Bottom