Tomorrow's Uniforms - END RACISM

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
End racism....is like saying 'i want to live forever'.

Racism has no color, it comes from every race in every nation and has been around longer than humans had verbal language. But hey! i'm on board to end it after a belligerent drug addict died of a heart attack.

Ok, back to watching our defense miss tackles.
You are the e dumbest mother fucker of the whole bunch! Tim, we found your replacement!

stocker08

Reaction score
If you really care about honesty or discussion, just go back and read what I wrote or just go with your current persona, either way is fine with me, but I never said that racism doesn't exist. You don't want to argue what I am saying, so you just make me out to be something that is easy to throw angry comments at.

You guys are the irate mob wandering through the streets. It is obvious you could care less whether you find a true racist or just someone that doesn't agree with every aspect of your beliefs. I can tell the power you guys felt in this feeding frenzy, but it doesn't really accomplish much. It doesn't recognize that there is a huge spectrum of ideas and thoughts on a issue as complex as race. If you really care to talk or disagree with me, fine I am open to disagreement and I know my thoughts aren't bible. But this kind of angry attack is what makes most people just ignore you.
Your first post was a complete deflection. Just because our society is plagued with other issues doesn't mean that racism isn't one of them. Some people just prefer to keep their blinders on for one reason or another.

And no.....the real issue is the mob of people like you that refuse to acknowledge that this is a real issue. Enablers.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Has anyone else archived this thread? I’m getting everything.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
That sound harsh to you rightoids? How about you Nadine? Then fix your shit for once.

Wally

Reaction score
A. I never said it's the norm.
B. I'm guessing you have never lived in the South
C. Again, because that is not YOUR experience doesn't mean it isn't the experience of other people.
D. Are you black?
I see it in my family members and co-workers, all MN born and bred. I wish I could remember the jokes I have heard just this week, not pretty. Same people are also refusing to watch any sports because they don't support "that stuff"

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
You guys are not going to get this, just too dimwitted. Not for racism and said so clearly in my initial post, but this bunch here is damn near illiterate.
Listen here, you just don't get what's going on here. Difference of opinion will simply not be tolerated here. You need to get in line or you will be shouted down and/or beaten down and beaten into submission.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
I see it in my family members and co-workers, all MN born and bred. I wish I could remember the jokes I have heard just this week, not pretty. Same people are also refusing to watch any sports because they don't support "that stuff"
Haha, what a douche.

Attachments

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Your first post was a complete deflection. Just because our society is plagued with other issues doesn't mean that racism isn't one of them. Some people just prefer to keep their blinders on for one reason or another.

And no.....the real issue is the mob of people like you that refuse to acknowledge that this is a real issue. Enablers.
My point was simply that these players have a platform to address all sorts of societal problems. If they have addressed others on their jersey's, then I have missed it.

I gotta tell you stocker and I address you because the others on your side are just plain frightening. I am a Clinton era Democrat. Some things I believe in and others I don't. But the stuff I witnessed in this thread is what has any sort of moderate Democrat running scared. Angry liberal fanatics that are neither able or willing to discuss or disagree. and think every exchange needs to be a campus style mob free-for-all. Good luck to you guys and I guess you are passionate, but go back and read the mob mentality against those that disagreed with you and ask yourself if you changed any minds or just vented and attempted to intimidate?

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Listen here, you just don't get what's going on here. Difference of opinion will simply not be tolerated here. You need to get in line or you will be shouted down and/or beaten down and beaten into submission.
It is clear. This place is full of the throw a brick at a police officer crowd and brag about it on Facebook. Doesn't matter if you know anything about the person or anything about their character, when the mob is rolling it is rolling. Just scary stuff.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Bolded: objectively false.

Race is a figment of someone's imagination. It's not science. It's anti-science, in fact.

It's nothing more than a fake way to categorize humans, based on a few physical traits, like skin pigment, hair color/type, and shapes of lips, noses, and eyes.

None of these is scientific. DNA is scientific.

It's a fake way to say that someone is inferior, because of a non-science reason, and enable hatred of a person without even talking to them or knowing a single thing about them.

It's pathetic and sad in this country how many white people are fearful of another human that they've never seen before and never even talked to, just because they have dark skin pigment and perhaps dress a certain way.
Good post and it's origins from my understanding are colonial Europe; it gave them a rationalization to enslave people who looked different than them and alleviate any Christian guilt they had in doing so as it was being perpetuated on a inferior group of people.

Also, it has been scientifically that earliest know man on record came from the Rift valley in Eastern Arica -

1605927230755.png

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
My point was simply that these players have a platform to address all sorts of societal problems. If they have addressed others on their jersey's, then I have missed it.

I gotta tell you stocker and I address you because the others on your side are just plain frightening. I am a Clinton era Democrat. Some things I believe in and others I don't. But the stuff I witnessed in this thread is what has any sort of moderate Democrat running scared. Angry liberal fanatics that are neither able or willing to discuss or disagree. and think every exchange needs to be a campus style mob free-for-all. Good luck to you guys and I guess you are passionate, but go back and read the mob mentality against those that disagreed with you and ask yourself if you changed any minds or just vented and attempted to intimidate?
Sure. There are plenty of societal problems. But football squads largely consist of young black men. This issue hits a lot closer to home than some white guy in the suburbs yelling about how they should shut up and play ball.

And sure...there are some obnoxious folks in this thread. That doesn't make your opinion correct. You were one of the first posts complaining about something that shouldn't affect you one bit. So why did you care to post about why this is bad and they shouldn't do it? Unfortunately there are a lot of righties.....quite a few on this site that say that racism isn't an issue anymore. Should people shrug their shoulders and say....ok? Seems to be the side that you land on.

stocker08

Reaction score
It is clear. This place is full of the throw a brick at a police officer crowd and brag about it on Facebook. Doesn't matter if you know anything about the person or anything about their character, when the mob is rolling it is rolling. Just scary stuff.
Painting an entire group of people that think that racism is still a problem with a pretty broad brush. Kind of sounds like someone who patrols the streets with loaded weapons because there are "undesirables" out there.

See how generalizations work?

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Sure. There are plenty of societal problems. But football squads largely consist of young black men. This issue hits a lot closer to home than some white guy in the suburbs yelling about how they should shut up and play ball.

And sure...there are some obnoxious folks in this thread. That doesn't make your opinion correct. You were one of the first posts complaining about something that shouldn't affect you one bit. So why did you care to post about why this is bad and they shouldn't do it? Unfortunately there are a lot of righties.....quite a few on this site that say that racism isn't an issue anymore. Should people shrug their shoulders and say....ok? Seems to be the side that you land on.
You make a lot of assumptions. And you can think about me whatever you want if it fires you up and makes you feel righteous, but I'll ask you this. Take some of that passion and make sure it is directed toward a solution. Volunteer your time with Big Brothers/Sisters, foster a child, work with local charities to service inner city communities, or work to integrate the incarcerated back into employed society. You can scream that we are unwoke racists because we view the problem as very complex, that is your right, but also make sure that you are at the very least matching the efforts of the people that you call out for not caring.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
Good post and it's origins from my understanding are colonial Europe; it gave them a rationalization to enslave people who looked different than them and alleviate any Christian guiled they had in doing so as it was being perpetuated on a inferior group of people.
Sub-Saharan Africans were captured by fellow sub-Saharan Africans and were then sold all over the world. In this country alone, whites, Native Americans, and even blacks owned slaves. Yet, only one race gets blamed for it.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Painting an entire group of people that think that racism is still a problem with a pretty broad brush. Kind of sounds like someone who patrols the streets with loaded weapons because there are "undesirables" out there.

See how generalizations work?
Good point, probably overgeneralized there.

stocker08

Reaction score
You make a lot of assumptions. And you can think about me whatever you want if it fires you up and makes you feel righteous, but I'll ask you this. Take some of that passion and make sure it is directed toward a solution. Volunteer your time with Big Brothers/Sisters, foster a child, work with local charities to service inner city communities, or work to integrate the incarcerated back into employed society. You can scream that we are unwoke racists because we view the problem as very complex, that is your right, but also make sure that you are at the very least matching the efforts of the people that you call out for not caring.
Nonsense. I didn't come into the thread and start complaining about "End Racism" being on the uniform. That seemed to be something that ticked you off for some reason. Why? Look inside yourself and find out why this is something that triggered you.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Nonsense. I didn't come into the thread and start complaining about "End Racism" being on the uniform. That seemed to be something that ticked you off for some reason. Why? Look inside yourself and find out why this is something that triggered you.
Actual help and change is not nonsense.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Of course it isn't. But helping people and recognizing that racism exists all over the country aren't two mutually exclusive ideas.
You keep saying that I don't think racism exists or is important. I have not once said that. You are arguing against what you want me to say, not what I am saying.

stocker08

Reaction score
You keep saying that I don't think racism exists or is important. I have not once said that. You are arguing against what you want me to say, not what I am saying.
So why are you so against the "End Racism" tag on their jersey. You came in hot with that right off the bat.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Sub-Saharan Africans were captured by fellow sub-Saharan Africans and were then sold all over the world. In this country alone, whites, Native Americans, and even blacks owned slaves. Yet, only one race gets blamed for it.
Unfortunately bro, it appears you missed the context of my post, Mine wasn't regarding slavery ownership as the main point being addressed, but race and how that concept originated, and that it subsequently provided Christian colonial Europeans a justification to sell slaves and alleviate any Christian guilt they may have had. Those are two different topics that intertwine.

Yes Africans sold their countryman - their markets were primarily in South American and the Caribbean.

This issue like many is complex and requires nuance (it is not black and white, pun intended) and if you don't get defensive you may end up learning something from your fellow man.

Last edited:

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
So why are you so against the "End Racism" tag on their jersey. You came in hot with that right off the bat.
I'm not against it at all. My question is why if we are involved some social issues, why not others? Yes, I am sure that this issue is important to the players because many are young African Americans. My point is what could be the power of a message of anti-domestic violence or non supportive parents?

stocker08

Reaction score
I'm not against it at all. My question is why if we are involved some social issues, why not others? Yes, I am sure that this issue is important to the players because many are young African Americans. My point is what could be the power of a message of anti-domestic violence or non supportive parents?
Why? I've already said why. This is a team full of young African-American men. The issue of racism hits home for them. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand....other than the fact that you are a white male.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Why? I've already said why. This is a team full of young African-American men. The issue of racism hits home for them. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand....other than the fact that you are a white male.
You have not answered why one and not another though. For example the issue of sexual and domestic violence have been tied closely to our athletic problem. That issue should be important to them as well as racism.

Top Bottom