Tomorrow's Uniforms - END RACISM

Herd

Reaction score
The resident Bison fan is definitely one of the posters who I knew would take issue with something like this. Go figure.
Quite honestly, I think a message of unity is good. However, If you want to teach people to hate, then by all means pursue campaigns like this that teach that Racism is everywhere, around every corner, and that we should be wary of anyone that's not like us. That whole mentality is just wrong. Using the word Racism as a hammer is just wrong and backward.

Each of us going out in our communities to meet people of all races who are not like us and building relationships is what's needed.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I think a message of unity is good. However, If you want to teach people to hate, then by all means pursue campaigns like this that teach that Racism is everywhere, around every corner, and that we should be wary of anyone that's not like us. That whole mentality is just wrong. Using the word Racism as a hammer is just wrong and backward.

Each of us going out in our communities to meet people of all races who are not like us and building relationships is what's needed.
The falseness of this post is trying to frame a person's racism as if it was a cold, and the cure was to simply go meet some people of different races.

Racism is taught, passed down from parent to child, aunt/uncle to niece/nephew, cousin to cousin. Racism is a choice made by people who who choose to fear & hate other races.

It's immoral and frankly disgusting to even suggest treating racist people the same way you would treat people who dislike broccoli.

stocker08

Reaction score

It's not a campaign of hate. It's a campaign of make sure you recognize people like Herd who don't want racism to be talked about or noticed.

WriterGoph

Reaction score

WHO really are you to tell others that racism is not a problem? Who am I as a white male to say the same? Isn't that for people who have experienced it in their lives to speak about?

Pretty sure we have heard numerous stories from players on the Gophers about their experiences with racism. And it wasn't Tanner Morgan or PJ Fleck or Blaise Andries. But despite not having those experiences themselves, they REALIZE AND ACCEPT that many other people have had different experiences. And they're not telling those people, "Nah, I've never felt racism, so it's clearly not something we need to focus on."

I really cannot understand why this concept is so hard for some to admit or grasp. Two reasons: 1. White males who are scared of "giving up their standing (economic or otherwise)" in the country. 2. Fear of change or admitting that we live in two different worlds in America.

Herd

Reaction score
The falseness of this post is trying to frame a person's racism as if it was a cold, and the cure was to simply go meet some people of different races.

Racism is taught, passed down from parent to child, aunt/uncle to niece/nephew, cousin to cousin. Racism is a choice made by people who who choose to fear & hate other races.

It's immoral and frankly disgusting to even suggest treating racist people the same way you would treat people who dislike broccoli.
Who are the racist people? Looks like you have it all figured out.

If you think that racism is everywhere, and that people are inherently bad, then you are the problem, front and center. If that's what you think, then you are teaching your kids to think the same, and your entire family is racist. You specifically are a Racist, whatever color you are.

I believe that people are good. I teach my children that black people are good, white people are good, police and firemen are good, all people are good. Treat all people with kindness. You teach your kids that people not like you are bad, and to have distain for people not like you.

Who's the Racist? Doesn't matter what color you are, or I am . . . just your attitude, and what you believe and teach your children.

Last edited:

WriterGoph

Reaction score
It's just a message board. Relax, and take a deep breath.
You're right it IS a message board. No doubt.

But if you're not seeing it as a microcosm of the issues that permeate in American society right now, then I don't know what to tell you.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
"Enlightening" to see how many people believe having two active parents raise you and being able to graduate high school should be the change that's necessary.

Provides some vision to their perspective and privileges.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Who are the racist people? Looks like you have it all figured out.

If you think that racism is everywhere, and that people are inherently bad, then you are the problem, front and center. If that's what you think, then you are teaching your kids to think the same, and your entire family is racist. You specifically are a Racist, whatever color you are.

I believe that people are good. I teach my children that black people are good, white people are good, all people are good. Treat all people with kindness. You teach your kids that people not like you are bad, and to have distain for people not like you.

Who's the Racist? Doesn't matter what color you are, or I am . . . just your attitude, and what you believe and teach your children,
Yes and no.

That's great that you are teaching your kids that way. Bravo for sure.

BUT that doesn't mean that many other millions in the country are taking the same approach. Sure, if everyone in the country willingly took your approach, we'd eventually be in great shape. Unfortunately that would still take a while - and has been pointed out to you - that doesn't change the past and what people have already experienced. That doesn't take away the pain or the ways it's changed their lives. Which - as I said in a previous response - regardless of your experience or whether you are Mother Theresa with your own kids, DOES NOT lessen or invalidate what has happened to other people. Those of us who are willing to acknowledge that we cannot put ourselves in others' shoes, but we value hearing what they have gone through does not make us racists or mean that we think all people are bad or that racism is everywhere.

F--k man, something does not have to be "everywhere" to make it a legitimate problem.

Herd

Reaction score
Yes and no.

That's great that you are teaching your kids that way. Bravo for sure.

BUT that doesn't mean that many other millions in the country are taking the same approach. Sure, if everyone in the country willingly took your approach, we'd eventually be in great shape. Unfortunately that would still take a while - and has been pointed out to you - that doesn't change the past and what people have already experienced. That doesn't take away the pain or the ways it's changed their lives. Which - as I said in a previous response - regardless of your experience or whether you are Mother Theresa with your own kids, DOES NOT lessen or invalidate what has happened to other people. Those of us who are willing to acknowledge that we cannot put ourselves in others' shoes, but we value hearing what they have gone through does not make us racists or mean that we think all people are bad or that racism is everywhere.

F--k man, something does not have to be "everywhere" to make it a legitimate problem.
So, if a white person is unkind to me, it's nothing, just bad behavior . . . but if a black person is unkind to me that's Racism? Is that what you're arguing?

In this country, there is a general lack of values, respect for people, and lack of kindness to fellow man. That is the problem we have. If someone (white or black) wants to point to someone not treating them well and call is Racism, I don't agree.

Bottom line, be kind to all people, especially those not like you.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
So, if a white person is unkind to me, it's nothing, just bad behavior . . . but if a black person is unkind to me that's Racism? Is that what you're arguing?

In this country, there is a general lack of values, respect for people, and lack of kindness to fellow man. That is the problem we have. If someone (white or black) wants to point to someone not treating them well and call is Racism, I don't agree.

Bottom line, be kind to all people, especially those not like you.
You're being obtuse. This is not about "being kind". This is about larger systemic issues: Black peoples' votes being challenged, Black people being treated differently by police, Black people by and large not having the same quality of education, Black people being discriminated against when they try and buy a house or get an apartment. Shit ain't about kindness. These are systems that were put into place decades ago and values that were passed down generationally.

I knew a white guy in Atlanta who would regularly dropped the N-bomb when talking about black people. We asked him why he continued to use that word. He said "This is how I was raised and it's been in my family for many generations. It's hard to break the cycle."

So you think just saying "Nah, just be kind, buddy" overpowers decades of a learned behavior from those closest to you?

Herd is trying to simplify this down too much. Next time a white person doesn't give you an apartment or a loan because of the color of your skin, let us know. Next time someone questions the integrity of your vote because you're white, let us know. Next time a cop pulls you over and draws his gun as he approaches the car, let us know.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Of course he's being obtuse. He wants to pretend racism isn't a thing, and teach his kids that it isn't a thing.

That's racism. That's ignoring the fact that other races than white are in fact treated as inferior in this country, systematically.

wiscsucks

Reaction score
You're being obtuse. This is not about "being kind". This is about larger systemic issues: Black peoples' votes being challenged, Black people being treated differently by police, Black people by and large not having the same quality of education, Black people being discriminated against when they try and buy a house or get an apartment. Shit ain't about kindness. These are systems that were put into place decades ago and values that were passed down generationally.

I knew a white guy in Atlanta who would regularly dropped the N-bomb when talking about black people. We asked him why he continued to use that word. He said "This is how I was raised and it's been in my family for many generations. It's hard to break the cycle."

So you think just saying "Nah, just be kind, buddy" overpowers decades of a learned behavior from those closest to you?

Herd is trying to simplify this down too much. Next time a white person doesn't give you an apartment or a loan because of the color of your skin, let us know. Next time someone questions the integrity of your vote because you're white, let us know. Next time a cop pulls you over and draws his gun as he approaches the car, let us know.
You sure do a great job on profiling people. I thought profiling was wrong?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
You sure do a great job on profiling people. I thought profiling was wrong?
Profiling people? The first paragraph is full of factual events that have taken place numerous times in our country. Not hard to do a quick search and find many anecdotes.

As far as my example, another factual story that happened in my life. Simply giving an example of how racism is taught and is the norm in plenty of families. Just because one father says "Be kind, kids" doesn't change the other 10 people who are older in the family and have been operating with a racial bias for their whole lives. Now, if those kids grow up and pass the same message along to their kids and grandkids, then we may have changed that pattern in that one family. But still, that doesn't change shit about the past and what the people who those 10 people were racist towards experienced.

Again, these are really really simple concepts to understand to anyone who isn't scared to admit them as facts.

stocker08

Reaction score
Of course he's being obtuse. He wants to pretend racism isn't a thing, and teach his kids that it isn't a thing.

That's racism. That's ignoring the fact that other races than white are in fact treated as inferior in this country, systematically.
In the end....that's a group of people that this is targeted at. The ones that claim racism no longer exists.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In the end....that's a group of people that this is targeted at. The ones that claim racism no longer exists.
What they want is to start over with a fresh slate, and pretend nothing bad every happened or currently happens.

"I'll be good, and I'll teach my kids that they should be good. I've never discriminated against anyone, so that's good enough for me".

Not nearly good enough for society, however.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Who's offended?
You're offended on pretty much every post you make. Either that or passing judgement from your high horse.

What they want is to start over with a fresh slate, and pretend nothing bad every happened or currently happens.

"I'll be good, and I'll teach my kids that they should be good. I've never discriminated against anyone, so that's good enough for me".

Not nearly good enough for society, however.
No, no, no! It's simpler than that. If only everybody had a father, then nothing at all would be wrong in the world because all fathers are good and have no ill will or bias in their hearts. FATHERS FOR ALL!

wiscsucks

Reaction score
Profiling people? The first paragraph is full of factual events that have taken place numerous times in our country. Not hard to do a quick search and find many anecdotes.

As far as my example, another factual story that happened in my life. Simply giving an example of how racism is taught and is the norm in plenty of families. Just because one father says "Be kind, kids" doesn't change the other 10 people who are older in the family and have been operating with a racial bias for their whole lives. Now, if those kids grow up and pass the same message along to their kids and grandkids, then we may have changed that pattern in that one family. But still, that doesn't change shit about the past and what the people who those 10 people were racist towards experienced.

Again, these are really really simple concepts to understand to anyone who isn't scared to admit them as facts.
Is it a fact that it is the "norm" to teach racism and pass it down? I think a majority don't, but maybe I have too much faith in people and didn't see it in any of the families I know for the past 40+ years. Sure seems like you are judging a group as a whole, based on your own feelings and experiences. Maybe it's not always as bad or good as it seems.

wiscsucks

Reaction score
You're offended on pretty much every post you make. Either that or passing judgement from your high horse.

No, no, no! It's simpler than that. If only everybody had a father, then nothing at all would be wrong in the world because all fathers are good and have no ill will or bias in their hearts. FATHERS FOR ALL!
I know someone else who seems to do the same thing.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Is it a fact that it is the "norm" to teach racism and pass it down? I think a majority don't, but maybe I have too much faith in people and didn't see it in any of the families I know for the past 40+ years. Sure seems like you are judging a group as a whole, based on your own feelings and experiences. Maybe it's not always as bad or good as it seems.
How much experience do you have with whites who grew up in Mississppi, Alabama, or central Pennsylvania (same thing)?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
A. I never said it's the norm.
B. I'm guessing you have never lived in the South
C. Again, because that is not YOUR experience doesn't mean it isn't the experience of other people.
D. Are you black?

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
When are you hole heads gonna finally learn: PJ is a certified SJW. He’s one of us. He doesn’t give a shit about pleasing you ghouls.

mcal24

Reaction score
We did it guys, racism is over! Who knew all it would take was two words on the back of a football jersey.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
It's not a campaign of hate. It's a campaign of make sure you recognize people like Herd who don't want racism to be talked about or noticed.
These mother fvckers sure are dumb today god damn.

Edited for the sensitive right

Last edited:

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
We did it guys, racism is over! Who knew all it would take was two words on the back of a football jersey.
Get bent fvck face. Did you really just post that stale fvcking brainless shit here seeking applause?

censored for the mouth breathers

Last edited:

MaroonShaft

Reaction score

Choke on the inside of my a$$

Censored for spalding

Last edited:
Top Bottom