This year’s Maroon vs Gold scrimmage

rockford

Reaction score
It was cruel to post this old thread. At first glance, I thought they were announcing the event now, and was momentarily excited. Obviously an old thread. Really bummed they are not doing one this year. I went to every one since Tubby started doing them and took all six of my kids, my wife, and dad to the event. While I have been a season ticket holder (two seats), I couldn’t afford to take the whole clan to a game! Even though they weren’t well attended, I think it exposed more people to Gopher hoops. Mistake in my book to cancel this.
Agreed. Incredibly stupid to replace an "open to the public" event with private invitations to the money crowd. This is a really, really bad look for the athletic department.

JTG

Holy Man

Reaction score
Agreed. Incredibly stupid to replace an "open to the public" event with private invitations to the money crowd. This is a really, really bad look for the athletic department.

JTG
I am not in the money crowd and I was invited. Couldn't go, but agree an open to the public event with players interacting and signing autographs for kids would win a lot of goodwill.

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
I understand the need to placate the donors and boosters...their generosity is greatly appreciated. However, the U could do this differently. Let everyone attend the open practice and then give limited access behind the scenes to the money crowd for their financial support.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
I read this years open scrimmage was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict, hopefully that means it has not been permanently eliminated and will see a return next year.

Top Bottom