This one says Minnesota will win the West

Urbandale

Reaction score
This is worth taking a long look. Steve Deace does a number of things here in central Iowa, political commentary probably foremost. But he is also a geyser of college football knowledge, and he's developed a strong reputation for accurate predictions.

He puts out Deace's College Football Preview annually, and it's free to view online. It's a smorgasbord of information. Here is the link: http://https://collegesportsmaven.io/michig...UumpVHxEqZruQ/

You can spend a long time on this read. And by the way, he predicts Minnesota to win the West, lose to Michigan in the conference championship game, play Auburn in the Taxslayer Bowl, and finish the season ranked 19th.

Last edited:

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Steve Deace is a shining beacon in a sports media universe filled with unamerican, low character, and generally rude people.

Last edited:

gopherjay

Reaction score
Steve Deace is a shining beacon in a sports media universe filled with unamerican, low character, and generally rude people.

Also i'm not sure you meant to post a google drive link... or it just isn't working.
Winning the west goes through Iowa city. Not saying Iowa wins it, I am saying we win that game and we will win the west. This of course is if we only have 2 conference losses by then.

kandj

Reaction score

Also i'm not sure you meant to post a google drive link... or it just isn't working.[/QUOTE

Fantastic!! Made me literally laugh out loud. I mean, certainly its true, but still made me laugh!

zman

Reaction score

Also i'm not sure you meant to post a google drive link... or it just isn't working.
Slab gets it.

Taji34

Reaction score
Some other things he has in there:

* Has us as 6th in the Big Ten in Total Team Talent Ratings, tied with Pittsburgh and Tennessee for 24th in the nation.
* He has Tyler Johnson as the 7th best WR in 2019
* Coach Fleck ranked 30 in Coach Power Rankings
* Highlights Brevyn Spann-Ford as a player that is "Now Ready for Primetime"
* Crystal ball predictions for 2019:
"6. Minnesota will end 1 of the 3 longest championship droughts in major college football when it wins the Big Ten West."

"22. Minnesota, Missouri, and USC won’t be ranked in the preseason top 25 but will finish there."

"25. Invest in these teams that will win at least two more games than they won last season: Baylor (6), Florida State (5), Minnesota (6), Navy (3), Nebraska (4), North Carolina (2), Oregon (8), Rutgers (1), TCU (6), Tennessee(5), USC (5), UCLA (3), Western Kentucky (3), and Western Michigan (6)."
* Predicts us as #19 in the Top 25:
19. Minnesota
The way last season finished served notice that P.J. Fleck’s approach has taken root in Minneapolis and the players have bought in. Now he has the depth and the schedule to take the next step and lead the Gophers to their first Big Ten West Division title. There’s still a quarterback battle to determine, but Minnesota won games with both guys last season. An underrated offensive line leads the way for an underrated running game, and Tyler Johnson might be the best wide receiver in the Big Ten. Now it’s up to the defense to continue to show the progress it demonstrated, after a mid-season coordinator shakeup on the coaching staff.
* Win West Division, lose Big Ten Championship vs Michigan
* Tyler Johnson as a All-Big Ten Offensive player
* PJ Fleck as Big Ten Coach of the Year
* Predicts Taxslayer Bowl—Minnesota vs. Auburn

PitinoFan

Reaction score
I’ve been following Deace for a few years. He’s obviously not going to be right 100% of the time, but he does his research, unlike some of the hacks who write about college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Well said. He always struck me as a smart, stand-up guy who knew what he was talking about.

GopherBulldog

Reaction score
When Steve Deace stays out in the sun too long, the sun gets a Steve burn.

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Some other things he has in there:

* Has us as 6th in the Big Ten in Total Team Talent Ratings, tied with Pittsburgh and Tennessee for 24th in the nation.
* He has Tyler Johnson as the 7th best WR in 2019
* Coach Fleck ranked 30 in Coach Power Rankings
* Highlights Brevyn Spann-Ford as a player that is "Now Ready for Primetime"
* Crystal ball predictions for 2019:

* Predicts us as #19 in the Top 25:

* Win West Division, lose Big Ten Championship vs Michigan
* Tyler Johnson as a All-Big Ten Offensive player
* PJ Fleck as Big Ten Coach of the Year
* Predicts Taxslayer Bowl—Minnesota vs. Auburn
Sounds good to me. New Year's in FLA. Maybe a rematch with MIZZOU instead of Auburn?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
He also predicts Auburn will fire Malzahn. Would be the second bowl game in a row where we face a team with an outgoing coach.

Otis

Reaction score
Chuck Norris asks Steve Deace for college football prediction advice.

nsmike

Reaction score
He also predicts Auburn will fire Malzahn. Would be the second bowl game in a row where we face a team with an outgoing coach.
If they fire Malzahn we'll be facing an interim coach not an outgoing coach.

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Steve Deace is universally recognized as one of the greats, a true gentleman and a scholar.

LakerFan

Reaction score
Just my luck, I really want to visit Nashville and now the Gophers are too good to end up in the Music City Bowl.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Probably easier to pick the Gophers to win the West than going through the hassle of getting a restraining order against Some Guy and RememberingMurray.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Probably easier to pick the Gophers to win the West than going through the hassle of getting a restraining order against Some Guy and RememberingMurray.
No restraining order needed. However, if you claim to have special knowledge of the future, I may (politely) ask you to explain the source of your 'wisdom'.

That's all, though.

stocker08

Reaction score
The West is completely up for grabs. No reason why Minnesota can't win it. And our offense is going to be a major force.

Top Bottom