THEM by Ben Sasse

Cruze

Reaction score
Ha, just like that doosh who now goes by "God".

Close circuit to those that get banned and then get a new moniker: you are total tools.
Good post. When you aren't winning the debate start attacking the other debaters. This, of course, is a tactic your guy Trump uses everyday in every possible way. It seems he is now one of your role models. I assume your children are learning how to be like Trump, as well. Won't you be proud of them when they are all grown up.

Last edited:

diehard

Reaction score
No one is more vulnerable and inviting to attack than you are Mr Cruze. Idiots are like that. Not saying you don't have some competition.

jamiche

Reaction score
No one on this forum is more concerned about corporate lobbying and influence in our government than I am. No one. That said, I don't hate corporations and I don't hope they fail. I hope they succeed wildly, so long as they take the US along with them.

None of the posts intended to prove me wrong, proved me wrong. I don't want them running our country via lobbying and cronyism, but not every move that helps corporations is corrupt. In order to reverse 30+ years of globalism and weakening America, we have to make it feasible for the corporations to shift their business back to the US. It's give and take. It's the 'Art of the deal'.

You have to be mature enough to separate cronyism, from creating a level playing field. You have to be mature enough, to understand the POTUS's job is to create an environment where corporations can soar, but not at the expense of our country or our workers. Both sides have to win. As I've explained ad nauseum, if Mexico has a net corporate tax rate of about 35%, with no regulations and the USA has a net corporate tax rate of 50%, with burdensome regulations, where are corporations going to invest, bank and do business? Use your heads. Trump HAD to do these things to create a level playing field.

As for appointing people with corporate ties in his admin, there's way too many for my liking. Certainly no more than Obama (the most corporate crony POTUS in history), or Bush though. The reality is that every POTUS is forced to dip into the corporate pool for talent, because that's where the talent is. It's certainly not in government. What you have to be careful of, is those people working for their corporations, rather than the country.
A phishy post. CRG couldn’t have written it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cncmin

Reaction score
No one on this forum is more concerned about corporate lobbying and influence in our government than I am. No one. That said, I don't hate corporations and I don't hope they fail. I hope they succeed wildly, so long as they take the US along with them.

None of the posts intended to prove me wrong, proved me wrong. I don't want them running our country via lobbying and cronyism, but not every move that helps corporations is corrupt. In order to reverse 30+ years of globalism and weakening America, we have to make it feasible for the corporations to shift their business back to the US. It's give and take. It's the 'Art of the deal'.

You have to be mature enough to separate cronyism, from creating a level playing field. You have to be mature enough, to understand the POTUS's job is to create an environment where corporations can soar, but not at the expense of our country or our workers. Both sides have to win. As I've explained ad nauseum, if Mexico has a net corporate tax rate of about 35%, with no regulations and the USA has a net corporate tax rate of 50%, with burdensome regulations, where are corporations going to invest, bank and do business? Use your heads. Trump HAD to do these things to create a level playing field.

As for appointing people with corporate ties in his admin, there's way too many for my liking. Certainly no more than Obama (the most corporate crony POTUS in history), or Bush though. The reality is that every POTUS is forced to dip into the corporate pool for talent, because that's where the talent is. It's certainly not in government. What you have to be careful of, is those people working for their corporations, rather than the country.
Your arguments would be far stronger if you ever based them on facts.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I think Sasse is another milquetoast, run-of-the mill Republican, along the lines of a McCabe or Romney. A paper-tiger conservative, funded by a slew of powerful corporate interests.

With that in mind, his opposition to tariffs & the USMCA, raise my eyebrow. He comes off like a mouthpiece for the Chamber of Commerce, when he speaks. The CoC is just a massive clearinghouse for corporate and foreign lobbying money. What is their agenda? Profits first, or America first? What is Sasse's?

bga1

Reaction score
This is what Trump does. He goes carrot and stick on these guys, whether it be a foreign leader or a media guy or a politician. One day he'll tell them how wonderful they are and the next he'll kick them in the fanny. If you pay less attention to the games he plays to work them and more attention to what he does- you would have a better understanding of him. You are so interest in seeing if you can really, really catch him in an inconsistency that you miss the whole point.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm so bored with "getting" trump. It's just an obsession with the left. We get it. He's inconsistent. Everyone knows this now.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Are any of you familiar with Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse? A friend recommended his book entitled "Them."

Seems Sasse is a Republican who decrys President Trump and thinks Trump is bad for society.
What are your thoughts?
He is correct if that is what he believes.

MennoSota

Reaction score
This is what Trump does. He goes carrot and stick on these guys, whether it be a foreign leader or a media guy or a politician. One day he'll tell them how wonderful they are and the next he'll kick them in the fanny. If you pay less attention to the games he plays to work them and more attention to what he does- you would have a better understanding of him. You are so interest in seeing if you can really, really catch him in an inconsistency that you miss the whole point.
Joseph Stalin did the same thing. Just saying...

Minnesota

Reaction score
I'm so bored with "getting" trump. It's just an obsession with the left. We get it. He's inconsistent. Everyone knows this now.
I do agree with this. These threads are pretty funny, though, because the hooting MAGA swine like bga1 and QAnon Craig find incredibly inventive ways to explain that our big, smooth-brained president’s gaffes are actually genius Machiavellian chess moves. Everything he does is a Rorschach test for these guys. It’s almost fascinating.

stocker08

Reaction score
I do agree with this. These threads are pretty funny, though, because the hooting MAGA swine like bga1 and QAnon Craig find incredibly inventive ways to explain that our big, smooth-brained president’s gaffes are actually genius Machiavellian chess moves. Everything he does is a Rorschach test for these guys. It’s almost fascinating.
Yeah....if you actually think about it....everything Obama did was actually really really smart. That's why he passed the nation over to Trump in such great shape.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yes. This is the analog to TDS. Maybe S2 should admit that and call them out just as vigorously?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is the analog to TDS. Maybe S2 should admit that and call them out just as vigorously?
Not that S2 needs me to defend him but I have seen him call beeg out for this more than once.

Section2

Reaction score
Yeah....if you actually think about it....everything Obama did was actually really really smart. That's why he passed the nation over to Trump in such great shape.
Turning over control of governorships and both houses of congress and the balance of SCOTUS was genius +1.

justthefacts

Reaction score
What about the people who invent reasons to hate people who criticize Trump only to later have Trump praise those same people requiring a reassessment? Graham, McConnell, etc. The list goes on. Trumpism is a cult. The only ideology is that Trump is always perfect.

Section2

Reaction score
What about the people who invent reasons to hate people who criticize Trump only to later have Trump praise those same people requiring a reassessment? Graham, McConnell, etc. The list goes on. Trumpism is a cult. The only ideology is that Trump is always perfect.
I've never said they can't be criticized for flip flopping on those guys. Of course they can. I despise Graham, but I did appreciate what he did for Kavanaugh. He's a standard politician. Mitch is fairly effective for what I want, but he's basically Harry Reid for the GOP. You should hate him if you oppose a conservative agenda.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I've never said they can't be criticized for flip flopping on those guys. Of course they can. I despise Graham, but I did appreciate what he did for Kavanaugh. He's a standard politician. Mitch is fairly effective for what I want, but he's basically Harry Reid for the GOP. You should hate him if you oppose a conservative agenda.
It's not about my feelings on McConnell. It's about the fact that Trumpkins hated him when Trump criticized him, but like him now.

I wouldn't begrudge McConnell pushing a Conservative agenda. What annoys me is the he doesn't do that. He just says, we'll only do whatever Trump says. He is explicit that the Senate's agenda is set by Trump. That is the literal opposite of Constitutional Conservatism.

Section2

Reaction score
It's not about my feelings on McConnell. It's about the fact that Trumpkins hated him when Trump criticized him, but like him now.

I wouldn't begrudge McConnell pushing a Conservative agenda. What annoys me is the he doesn't do that. He just says, we'll only do whatever Trump says. He is explicit that the Senate's agenda is set by Trump. That is the literal opposite of Constitutional Conservatism.
yes, I know what you're saying.

I don't know that I agree with that assessment of McConnell. Is the president setting the legislative agenda somehow unique? What did Harry Reid push that Obama wasn't behind? Who pushed Obamacare? And there's nothing wrong with a president and his party in the senate working together to set the agenda. Why would that be unconstitutional? There are certain big ticket items that require the presidents support. There's a lot of other stuff that gets done that Trump is probably not aware of.

howeda7

Reaction score

This. Ryan was "Mr. Conservative" and bowed like pathetic wimp to Trump. McConnell is worse. If Don doesn't want it, we won't even have a vote on it. Defacto dictatorship with OK with Moscow Mitch.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Calling people Hitler is so 2000 and late. Thanks for trying to keep it fresh. :rolleyes:
What? Stalin brought his rivals as close to his side as possible before having them killed.
My guess is Sasse cringes when Trump attempts to cozy up.
Sasse seems like a person who makes decisions based upon his own moral integrity and what he believes is in the pragmatic best interest of his constituents, not what is going to win him brownie points with the POTUS.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
What? Stalin brought his rivals as close to his side as possible before having them killed.
My guess is Sasse cringes when Trump attempts to cozy up.
Sasse seems like a person who makes decisions based upon his own moral integrity and what he believes is in the pragmatic best interest of his constituents, not what is going to win him brownie points with the POTUS.
My guess is that goes for everyone.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
For a seemingly intelligent person, it's difficult to take someone remotely seriously that would openly say support for the President of the United States is a "cult". You can usually do better than that

Minnesota

Reaction score
For a seemingly intelligent person, it's difficult to take someone remotely seriously that would openly say support for the President of the United States is a "cult". You can usually do better than that
What else can you call pure, blind reverence to a leader? Your buddies on this site see a deft and calculated political maneuver every time our sundowning President misspeaks. That’s cultist behavior. Look at how CRG and bga1 spin everything he does into a positive. It’s pure delusion. As Jake pointed out, it’s the other side of the TDS coin.

howeda7

Reaction score
What else can you call pure, blind reverence to a leader? Your buddies on this site see a deft and calculated political maneuver every time our sundowning President misspeaks. That’s cultist behavior. Look at how CRG and bga1 spin everything he does into a positive. It’s pure delusion.
Not every Trump supporter is this way, but a lot of them sure are.

Top Bottom