"The Wasting of the Evangelical Mind"

jamiche

Reaction score
At one point it was unrealistic to oppose slavery. A ban wouldn’t have passed. Were emancipation proponents only dealing in theory? According to you yes. They were stamping their feet and deflecting!
We just need to deal in facts and compromise. That’s much less vague than discussing limited government. The basis for American government and the constitution. Vague!!
It was ILL!
His response was so bad that Biden’s plan is...exactly the same.
Perhaps in your mind, Melvin, but not in reality.

Biden provided more funding to the states for the distribution of the vaccines. He has provided a larger, steadier and more predictable supply flow. More technical support. Support for setting up mobile sites and large vaccination centers. More support for a public education campaign, particularly towards hard to reach communities.

There have been multiple reports that there was basically nothing in place when Biden's team walked in the door. Given the history of the pandemic, the reports seem credible.

Pretzel away, melvy. Don't disappoint us.

Section2

Reaction score
Perhaps in your mind, Melvin, but not in reality.

Biden provided more funding to the states for the distribution of the vaccines. He has provided a larger, steadier and more predictable supply flow. More technical support. Support for setting up mobile sites and large vaccination centers. More support for a public education campaign, particularly towards hard to reach communities.

There have been multiple reports that there was basically nothing in place when Biden's team walked in the door. Given the history of the pandemic, the reports seem credible.

Pretzel away, melvy. Don't disappoint us.
Supply flow of what? More technical support for what? Are you only speaking of vaccines? That’s it? The only thing he changed was vaccines? The same thing that Dems said could never be done in 2020 and which were just rolled out weeks before Biden took office?

I thought for sure you would have some awesome concrete examples of how Biden’s covid management strategy is completely different than Trumps. But I guess you couldn't because it isn’t. And those multiple reports were contradicted by Fauci.

And finally, funny that you quoted my slavery post, probably accidentally. I guess you started a reply, realized you had nothing to counter with, and forgot about it. Then tried to reply to my other post, and gopher hole included the old quote reply. Whoops.

Section2

Reaction score
Use The Google. Learn. Maybe if you actually read real news and didn't need to be spoonfed readily available news information, you would be appropriately informed and we could have better discussions.
This is THE classic CNC post. The complete deflection. YOU go research why you’re wrong.

howeda7

Reaction score
You want the government to not acknowledge marriage? That would be quite a boon for lawyers.

If the government grants privledges for marriage, ie inheritance ect then by definition they can't "stay out of marriage". That's just the way it is.
2ism is that gay people can have equal rights by ending marriage as a legal construct for everyone. If that doesn't pass, then tough $$&%. They just have to live with it. 2's way or nothing!

howeda7

Reaction score
At one point it was unrealistic to oppose slavery. A ban wouldn’t have passed. Were emancipation proponents only dealing in theory? According to you yes. They were stamping their feet and deflecting!
We just need to deal in facts and compromise. That’s much less vague than discussing limited government. The basis for American government and the constitution. Vague!!
No, they weren't dealing only in theory. Multiple compromises passed prior to the Civil War that kept slavery out of new territories etc. Abolisonist 2 would never have agreed. Actually he doesn't exist because the free market was going to take care of it just a few decades anyway.

jamiche

Reaction score
That’s the impression the MSM gives everyone. The vaccines just became available the last month of Trumps presidency. They’ve made some minor changes to the vaccine rollout. Everything else is pretty much the same. You’re just a sheep.
I guess providing funding to the states to vaccinate millions of citizens is a "minor change" to melvy. I guess providing a predictable and growing supply of vaccine supply is a minor change to our melvy. I guess working with the manufacturers to increase production and then purchasing more product is a minor change to melvin. I guess helping states improve their appointment technology is minor as well. Designing a public health campaign to reach the hard to reach (many of them Melvin's fellow donalds) is hardly worth a mention. Averaging over 2.1M shots/day is hardly worth a mention.

Donald would have had the whole country vaccinated by now if only the election hadn't been stolen from him. Right, melvy?

Blizzard

Reaction score
I guess providing funding to the states to vaccinate millions of citizens is a "minor change" to melvy. I guess providing a predictable and growing supply of vaccine supply is a minor change to our melvy. I guess working with the manufacturers to increase production and then purchasing more product is a minor change to melvin. I guess helping states improve their appointment technology is minor as well. Designing a public health campaign to reach the hard to reach (many of them Melvin's fellow donalds) is hardly worth a mention. Averaging over 2.1M shots/day is hardly worth a mention.

Donald would have had the whole country vaccinated by now if only the election hadn't been stolen from him. Right, melvy?

I honestly don't know if you're trolling or are naturally this dumb.

Section2

Reaction score

The absolute screeching, whining, murdering, incompetence, all last year about how awful trump was doing at managing COVID. You don’t have a single example of anything Biden is doing different. Just the vaccine! I’m sure CNC is in the same boat. Thanks for confirming. It’s shocking really. I thought you could come up with one. Huh.

Section2

Reaction score
No, they weren't dealing only in theory. Multiple compromises passed prior to the Civil War that kept slavery out of new territories etc. Abolisonist 2 would never have agreed. Actually he doesn't exist because the free market was going to take care of it just a few decades anyway.
So it was good to compromise with the slavers. New states can have slavery. Just not northern ones. Howie thinks that was wise and just, to expand slavery this way. Interesting.

Wally

Reaction score
Popular evangelical Beth Moore says she's no longer a Southern Baptist

Moore disclosed her departure during a recent interview with Religion News Service.
"I am still a Baptist, but I can no longer identify with Southern Baptists," she told the news agency. "I love so many Southern Baptist people, so many Southern Baptist churches, but I don't identify with some of the things in our heritage that haven't remained in the past."

Days after the news about the now infamous "Access Hollywood" tape broke in 2016, which captured Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women, Moore revealed that she, too, had been sexually abused and harassed.
"Wake up, Sleepers, to what women have dealt with all along in environments of gross entitlement & power," she tweeted at the time. "Are we sickened? Yes. Surprised? NO"

She told the Religion News Service that she was shocked at the time that fellow evangelicals rallied around Trump. As she watched his rise, she said in the interview that she couldn't understand how Trump became "the banner, the poster child for the great white hope of evangelicalism, the salvation of the church in America."

"I'm 63 1/2 years old & I have never seen anything in these United States of America I found more astonishingly seductive & dangerous to the saints of God than Trumpism," Moore tweeted in December last year. "This Christian nationalism is not of God. Move back from it."

jamiche

Reaction score
The absolute screeching, whining, murdering, incompetence, all last year about how awful trump was doing at managing COVID. You don’t have a single example of anything Biden is doing different. Just the vaccine! I’m sure CNC is in the same boat. Thanks for confirming. It’s shocking really. I thought you could come up with one. Huh.
We can start with getting the vaccine in people's arms and go from there, melvin.

Blizzard

Reaction score

Moore disclosed her departure during a recent interview with Religion News Service.
"I am still a Baptist, but I can no longer identify with Southern Baptists," she told the news agency. "I love so many Southern Baptist people, so many Southern Baptist churches, but I don't identify with some of the things in our heritage that haven't remained in the past."

Days after the news about the now infamous "Access Hollywood" tape broke in 2016, which captured Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women, Moore revealed that she, too, had been sexually abused and harassed.
"Wake up, Sleepers, to what women have dealt with all along in environments of gross entitlement & power," she tweeted at the time. "Are we sickened? Yes. Surprised? NO"

She told the Religion News Service that she was shocked at the time that fellow evangelicals rallied around Trump. As she watched his rise, she said in the interview that she couldn't understand how Trump became "the banner, the poster child for the great white hope of evangelicalism, the salvation of the church in America."

"I'm 63 1/2 years old & I have never seen anything in these United States of America I found more astonishingly seductive & dangerous to the saints of God than Trumpism," Moore tweeted in December last year. "This Christian nationalism is not of God. Move back from it."

I'm not sure why this would concern you: An avowed atheist. Regardless, do you even know who Beth Moore is?

Wally

Reaction score
I'm not sure why this would concern you: An avowed atheist. Regardless, do you even know who Beth Moore is?

Just putting information out there. Are you hurt by that?

I am agnostic. I think its pointless to waste my time arguing God doesn't exist, which is the position I would take on any topic that I have no evidence either way.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Moore may use this as an excuse for leaving, but her "Joel Osteen" teaching is what caused a rift between her and baptists, not her politics. This is an easy out for her as she makes money off people who read her books and listen to her pitch. Move over Jimmy Schwaggert, there's a new " prophet" in town.

MennoSota

Reaction score

I am agnostic. I think its pointless to waste my time arguing God doesn't exist, which is the position I would take on any topic that I have no evidence either way.
You're a practicing atheist who wants a backdoor exit in case...

Blizzard

Reaction score

I'm just trying to figure what interest you have in it. You have absolutely no idea who Beth Moore is, what she stands for, or why she is controversial.

Section2

Reaction score
2ism is that gay people can have equal rights by ending marriage as a legal construct for everyone. If that doesn't pass, then tough $$&%. They just have to live with it. 2's way or nothing!
Whenever there is inequality caused by too much government, remove the excess government. Over time, we’d be in great shape and people would have a lot less to complain about. 2 was right, but 2 didn’t get his way.
oh well, on to Trans Rights!!!!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I am not concerned with where God comes from.
Then why did you say: "An atheist must make assumptions, the first being that something can come from nothing." ??

It either applies to both, or applies to neither.

I merely look at the mathematical evidence and reason that what we observe is not random, but is designed.
Everything about matter is random. The position of any sub-atomic particle, is random. Randomness is an inherent property of our existence.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Then why did you say: "An atheist must make assumptions, the first being that something can come from nothing." ??

It either applies to both, or applies to neither.

Everything about matter is random. The position of any sub-atomic particle, is random. Randomness is an inherent property of our existence.
For a theist, the intelligent Creator has always been, from eternity past to eternity future. There is no need for creation of what has always been and since the creator is non-material (spirit) the Creator creates the material.

Therefore, if the material is created by the non-material being, that being can either function like a clockmaker who sets the cogs in motion and planned for natural evolution of its creation, or it continues to work on its creation along the way.
What we observe is function, based upon existing laws set in place. Most atheists would not say it is random. In fact, they would say it is very much determined (fatalism) so that each molecule moves exactly as the laws permit them. One cannot change what nature has determined.
Therefore, no serious scientist would agree with your comment that sub-atomic particles move randomly. It is hardly random. The movements are determined by the laws functioning within the environment that is established.

Peter Kreeft, a Catholic philosopher, gives these 20 logical reasons for the existence of a creator.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
For a theist, the intelligent Creator has always been, from eternity past to eternity future. There is no need for creation of what has always been and since the creator is non-material (spirit) the Creator creates the material.

Therefore, if the material is created by the non-material being, that being can either function like a clockmaker who sets the cogs in motion and planned for natural evolution of its creation, or it continues to work on its creation along the way.
What we observe is function, based upon existing laws set in place. Most atheists would not say it is random. In fact, they would say it is very much determined (fatalism) so that each molecule moves exactly as the laws permit them. One cannot change what nature has determined.
Therefore, no serious scientist would agree with your comment that sub-atomic particles move randomly. It is hardly random. The movements are determined by the laws functioning within the environment that is established.

Peter Kreeft, a Catholic philosopher, gives these 20 logical reasons for the existence of a creator.
What a load of quark.

jamiche

Reaction score
It is amazing by comparison. Before Biden came in Donald was averaging 850K shots/day. Now they are averaging 2.3M shots/day. Yesterday was 2.9M shots.

There's more that I can help you understand if you want to keep going.

Section2

Reaction score
It is amazing by comparison. Before Biden came in Donald was averaging 850K shots/day. Now they are averaging 2.3M shots/day. Yesterday was 2.9M shots.

There's more that I can help you understand if you want to keep going.
Wow, so you mean a brand new first of its kind vaccine was FDA approved in December (which progressives like you laughed off as imposssible.) And 4 total companies now have FDA approved vaccines. And you mean to tell me that production has increased since January to today? Clearly, this is all thanks to Biden’s incredible leadership. He actually ordered more vaccine. The adults are in charge.

cncmin

Reaction score
We can start with getting the vaccine in people's arms and go from there, melvin.
Executive Orders on masking don't count, Jamiche. Nor do coordinating government to increase vaccination and ensuring government agencies spread the word of the importance of mask wearing and social distancing, instead of mocking them. Nor do preaching the virtues of mask wearing and social distancing himself, or setting the example of wearing a mask in public after being vaccinated, instead of mocking these things and telling the public that no one should be concerned about Covid. None of that counts. Biden is the exact same as Trump and does and says nothing different at all. 'Cuz S2 said so.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Executive Orders on masking don't count, Jamiche. Nor do coordinating government to increase vaccination and ensuring government agencies spread the word of the importance of mask wearing and social distancing, instead of mocking them. Nor do preaching the virtues of mask wearing and social distancing himself, or setting the example of wearing a mask in public after being vaccinated, instead of mocking both. None of that counts. Biden is the exact same as Trump and does and says nothing different at all.
You should also say "nor does the US Constitution and Federalism matter."

Top Bottom