"The Wasting of the Evangelical Mind"

Wally

Reaction score
Neither obamacare nor no child left behind were state programs. These programs caused division because they were crammed down on states that didnt want them.
Immigration also causes much division, letting each state do their own thing is a perfect solution. There would be no restriction of movement.
People support obamacare by wide margins now.

golf

Reaction score
People support obamacare by wide margins now.

Highly doubt obamacare is popular in red states. My sisterinlaws premium tripled.

Anyway not the point. Point is to move as much as possible to the states to make it difficult for one party to cram down on the other.
Everyone's happier.
Imagine even how gh otb would change if these issues we spend time fighting about were moved to the state level. There would be more time for golf .

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Highly doubt obamacare is popular in red states. My sisterinlaws premium tripled.

Anyway not the point. Point is to move as much as possible to the states to make it difficult for one party to cram down on the other.

Imagine even how gh otb would change if these issues we spend time fighting about were moved to the state level. There would be more time for golf .
If your sister-in-law's Obamacare premium tripled, then at least she got health care. Or perhaps you are conflating private health care insurance premiums with the Obamacare marketplace? (they're not the same thing). Private health insurance rates are expanding at approximately the same rates after Obamacare as they were before Obamacare. The only real difference is that Obamacare allows more people to be insured.

cncmin

Reaction score
Except that Ben Sasse is a true Constitutionalist, which means the States have their rights and the Central, Federal government has its rights. The abuse of the Federal government on States is that the Federal government bullies States by threatening withholding of money unless States comply. This blackmail has been tolerated by both Democrats and Republicans in the Executive Branch.
Perhaps you'd like a system whereby governors must kiss the ring of Dear Leader to get any federal funding. That's the type of system we had under the previous administration.

cncmin

Reaction score
It would be amusing to hear how youd like to build this country if you could get evangelicals to listen to you.
Pretty easy. Obtain facts and truth. Use those as starting points for political compromise to the better good, as we've done throughout the vast majority of this country's relatively constructive history. Done.

howeda7

Reaction score
Pretty easy. Obtain facts and truth. Use those as starting points for political compromise to the better good, as we've done throughout the vast majority of this country's relatively constructive history. Done.
2 wants you to explain how you'd change things in the real world. The irony. It burns.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Perhaps you'd like a system whereby governors must kiss the ring of Dear Leader to get any federal funding. That's the type of system we had under the previous administration.
That's the system under Biden and Obama as well.
Biden is busy greasing his friends pockets and filing executive order after executive order.

cncmin

Reaction score
Biden is busy greasing his friends pockets and filing executive order after executive order.
Explain. Where is Biden demanding praise and feet kissing in order to dole out funding to the states? Where is Biden or anyone around him "pocketing" anything?

I'm old enough to remember when one particular governor of a large state, one who bashed Biden incessantly, one who tried to question his legitimacy, and one who is the governor of a state that told U.S. electrical regulators to piss off so they could set up a more-consumer-expensive, extremely corrupt and non-robust electrical grid of their own, which then unsurprisingly failed catastrophically to directly cause the catastrophe itself, got Biden's immediate attention and action to help get his state back on its feet.

Last edited:

GoodasGold

Reaction score
That has always been the preferred way to run the show. EO after EO.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Explain. Where is Biden demanding praise and feet kissing in order to dole out funding to the states? Where is Biden or anyone around him "pocketing" anything?

I'm old enough to remember when one particular governor of a large state, one who bashed Biden incessantly, one who tried to question his legitimacy, and one who is the governor of a state that told U.S. electrical regulators to piss off so they could set up a more-consumer-expensive, extremely corrupt and non-robust electrical grid of their own, which then unsurprisingly failed catastrophically to directly cause the catastrophe itself, got Biden's immediate attention and action to help get his state back on its feet.
Gotta love those Democratic governor's from Illinois...
Biden has greased his kids pockets, just like Trump did. Both parties are full of graft.

Wally

Reaction score
Gotta love those Democratic governor's from Illinois...
Biden has greased his kids pockets, just like Trump did. Both parties are full of graft.

Yes they both are, that's why Trump got elected. He was a f you candidate, to bad he was a terrible choice for that. Bernie was the other f you candidate. I think he would have beaten Trump had he been nominated.

I want a smart and thoughtful candidate which is why I was supporting Yang for 2020.

Section2

Reaction score
The federal government cannot solve our problems. They make them worse. Some evangelicals understand this truth. Most progressives do not.

Section2

Reaction score
2 wants you to explain how you'd change things in the real world. The irony. It burns.
Right. Less government than we have today is only theoretical and not real world, therefore it cant be discussed because Howie thinks its not realistic. Howie decides whats realistic. $2T and $6T in new debt this year is totes fine because CNN isnt worried about it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Right. Less government than we have today is only theoretical and not real world, therefore it cant be discussed because Howie thinks its not realistic. Howie decides whats realistic. $2T and $6T in new debt this year is totes fine because CNN isnt worried about it.
"Less government" sounds nice but is not a real position or proposal.

Anytime you're pressed for how your 2-topia would work in the real world, it's "I would stamp my feet until everyone enacted my ideas." But Cincy is supposed to provide firm details. Hypocrite much?

Wally

Reaction score
The federal government cannot solve our problems. They make them worse. Some evangelicals understand this truth. Most progressives do not.

Yea, because 500 million people would be peacefully and successfully coexisting here without a government.
不不不不

Are you really this dumb?

jamiche

Reaction score

Everyone's happier.
Its always My sister in laws premium tripled. My brothers mother in laws cousin had to see a new doctor. The ACA ruined HC that they never had before. Nonstop whining about fictional complaints.

jamiche

Reaction score
Less gubmint worked swell at protecting us against the pandemic, melvin. Ive never come across someone who is so proud of being so stupid.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Scientific and experiential reasoning is not the other side of the same coin.
You said the more religious you are the more susceptible to conspiracy theories and brainwashing you are. I'm saying that's the other side of the same coin as those in invoke the name of Jesus while storming the capital. Both are using religion to de-legitimize the other side.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I cant say i am comfortable with how some of the leaders have become so politically minded. I know billy graham wasnt a pastor, but i am more comfortable with that model i think. Like most evangelical churches, our church avoids politics totally. If it didnt i wouldnt attend there.
I get what you're saying. Our church, and I imagine most churches in America, struggles with this too. However, saying nothing is still saying something.

Section2

Reaction score
Less gubmint worked swell at protecting us against the pandemic, melvin. Ive never come across someone who is so proud of being so stupid.
Oh yes, we have had so little govt intervention over the past year. Travel banned. People locked in their homes. Businesses forced to close. Everyone forced to wear masks. Its a wonder all that intervention didnt work.

Section2

Reaction score
Yea, because 500 million people would be peacefully and successfully coexisting here without a government.
不不不不

Are you really this dumb?
Still not an anarchist. Governments job is to protect rights. Thats it. Solving problems? They can only make things worse.

Section2

Reaction score
"Less government" sounds nice but is not a real position or proposal.

Anytime you're pressed for how your 2-topia would work in the real world, it's "I would stamp my feet until everyone enacted my ideas." But Cincy is supposed to provide firm details. Hypocrite much?
Ive given extremely detailed explanations of every idea Ive ever proposed. And Ive never said what you incorrectly quoted me as saying. One of your favorite lies.
cnc made a very vague statement about how to solve our problems. Listen to facts! Work together! Pithy tropes that are meaningless.

Wally

Reaction score
Still not an anarchist. Governments job is to protect rights. Thats it. Solving problems? They can only make things worse.

Yea, education and roads have destroyed my life.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
What do you want them to say?
Specifically about this election cycle? To condemn in the strongest terms the Capitol siege, to clearly state that those who carried signs about Jesus or God are not representational of their faith or understanding of Jesus, to warn against the ills of social media & disinformation, to recognize and pray for Biden as President as equally as they did for Trump.

golf

Reaction score
Specifically about this election cycle? To condemn in the strongest terms the Capitol siege, to clearly state that those who carried signs about Jesus or God are not representational of their faith or understanding of Jesus, to warn against the ills of social media & disinformation, to recognize and pray for Biden as President as equally as they did for Trump.

My church prays for the president no matter the party. Evangelicals would definitely agree with you regarding social media. Evangelicals dont think the capitol rioting was a good thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom