The Typical Trump Derangement Cycle

Panthadad2

Reaction score

RememberMurray

Reaction score
He accuses Democrats of "hateful, violent political rhetoric"... and then gives really weak examples to back up his accusations. Who knew that politics could be so oppositional?

The unvarnished truth: Trump was Trump long, long before anyone called him names. He is what he is. Democrats did not create him.

I'd still like to discuss his policies; specifically his policies vis a vis the pandemic.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "middle." There's definitely a middle when it comes to political philosophy and preferences. There isn't a very big middle when it comes to tribalism. The overwhelming majority of people side with one tribe or the other. Independents may be a big block when it comes to self-identification but the majority of them are de facto allies of one of the tribes.
The vast majority of the people are still in the middle, on most issues.

But politicians are elected at the control of big money donors, who increasing want to "buy" more and more extreme of candidates .... because they feel they have to in order to combat the more and more extreme candidates on the other side!

This is the definition of an out of control system. It's a pendulum that is going to swing so hard back and forth that it will break the system.

Our system for electing politicians is broken, and it will result in the split-up of this country into two or more just as imperfect countries, unless it is fixed.

The only good thing, if and when there is a split up, is that the new countries can write their own constitution from scratch. Not have to be stupidly bound by a flawed, hundreds of years old document.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'd still like to discuss his policies;
I would love to discuss his policies and his accomplishments over the last 3+ years. It's literally jaw-dropping;

- tax reform
- prison reform
- record low unemployment
- record low unemployment for black and other minorities
- record high black small business ownership
- complete reshaping of the judiciary
- appointment of two SCOTUS judges
- manufacturing jobs growing faster than any point in over 30 years
- bailed on the disastrous Iron deal
- finally some meaningful changes on trade with other countries, particularly China

You could make a case that Trump has done more for minorities than any president in the last couple generations.

I know you have some too! Feel free to add to the list what I might have missed!

golf

Reaction score
I would love to discuss his policies and his accomplishments over the last 3+ years. It's literally jaw-dropping;

- tax reform
- prison reform
- record low unemployment
- record low unemployment for black and other minorities
- record high black small business ownership
- complete reshaping of the judiciary
- appointment of two SCOTUS judges
- manufacturing jobs growing faster than any point in over 30 years
- bailed on the disastrous Iron deal
- finally some meaningful changes on trade with other countries, particularly China

You could make a case that Trump has done more for minorities than any president in the last couple generations.
I know you have some too! Feel free to add to the list what I might have missed!
Nice list. I will add end of catch and release, which has to be an all timer in the category of bad law. Unfortunately, press/dems don't want to discuss policy because know wont win that argument. Focus instead on Trump's personality flaws or Schiff goes on media every day for two years guaranteeing bombshell impeachment information is going to drop. Repubs can use their own message to battle the dems , but difficult to overcome the media as they play such a large role in shaping any narrative.

Last edited:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
You've presented a list of things you believe to have occurred, and you give Trump credit for those things — record low unemployment, etc. Yet you name no specific policies Trump has implemented that made those wonderful things occur. For example: which policies of Trump's led to "record low unemployment for black and other minorities", specifically?

Also, two separate bullet points giving him credit for appointing right wing judges is spreading it a bit thick. Any president would and will appoint judges, when applicable. Any Republican president would probably make similar appointments to Trump's.

Most importantly, though, you failed to address the elephant in the room. Trump's first real crisis as president has been and is the pandemic. I'd love to hear you describe his action plan and policies for dealing with that.

Goldteam

Reaction score
You've presented a list of things you believe to have occurred, and you give Trump credit for those things — record low unemployment, etc. Yet you name no specific policies Trump has implemented that made those wonderful things occur. For example: which policies of Trump's led to "record low unemployment for black and other minorities", specifically?

Also, two separate bullet points giving him credit for appointing right wing judges is spreading it a bit thick. Any president would and will appoint judges, when applicable. Any Republican president would probably make similar appointments to Trump's.

Most importantly, though, you failed to address the elephant in the room. Trump's first real crisis as president has been and is the pandemic. I'd love to hear you describe his action plan and policies for dealing with that.
What I basically saw is Trump shut out China and travel very early..............you demtards all called it racist and fear mongering!

You then wanted it turned over to the states........Trump did this, and then you beatch and moan about that.

Maybe I missed what Trump did poorly.

I know he didn't get ventilators to that dipschit in New York the day after he wanted them, but the dipschit never used them anyway.

This is where one asks what Trump did wrong, you get CRICKETS! He just did everything wrong is the answer.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
What was Trump's plan of action/policy for combatting the pandemic, other than "closing the borders"?

Speaking of which: are the borders still 100% closed? If so, I guess we never really needed that "big, beautiful wall that Mexico will pay for".

As for what Trump did poorly, I'd list:

— Characterizing the virus as a liberal hoax.

— Characterizing the virus as a mild flu.

— Claiming the virus would disappear.

— Laying out good, common sense-based guidelines... and then undercutting his own guidelines with manic tweets to "LIBERATE" the very next day.

— Presenting idiotic "cures" as hope.

Last edited:

Goldteam

Reaction score
What was Trump's plan of action/policy for combatting the pandemic, other than "closing the borders"?

Speaking of which: are the borders still 100% closed? If so, I guess we never really needed that "big, beautiful wall that Mexico will pay for".
What did he do wrong? Answer the question.

As for the wall, are kids still in cages? There, I gave you an out so you don't have to answer what Trump did wrong.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Haha, Murray boxed by Goldteam.

Gold, you should change your moniker to The Undertaker as you continually put the Loony Lefties in a box!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
What did he do wrong? Answer the question.

As for the wall, are kids still in cages? There, I gave you an out so you don't have to answer what Trump did wrong.
Are you like your hero Trump, with the difficulty with basic reading skills?

Here's some of the mistakes Trump made (once again):

— Laying out good, common sense-based guidelines... and then undercutting his own guidelines with manic tweets to "LIBERATE" the very next day.

(reposted from earlier post).

Okay. Your turn. Answer my question. What was Trump's "action plan" for dealing with COVID, other than fake "border closings"?

Answer the question.

Goldteam

Reaction score

As for what Trump did poorly, I'd list:

I could have sworn the dems did the exact thing. Cuomo mocking the virus. Nancy saying invite them to Chinatown. All of dem nation saying in early March it was nothing.

What idiotic cures as hope?

The virus will disappear!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I could have sworn the dems did the exact thing. Cuomo mocking the virus. Nancy saying invite them to Chinatown. All of dem nation saying in early March it was nothing.

What idiotic cures as hope?

The virus will disappear!
Answer the question.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
In other words, the vast majority of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on personality, not policy.
And the vast majority of the reason Blues like Obama is based on personality, not policy. This is nothing new, Blues focus much more on personality and emotion, Reds on policy and results. Simple example, look at Cuomo's COVID response in NY. The Blues think he's great, because he gives nice speeches that make you feel better; the Reds think he's terrible because of his decisions and the results. More local to home, watch the campaign adverts. For example, Walt's main theme for his Gov' race was "One Minnesota" - a let's all get along and be one family message -- very little on policy. Johnson was the opposite, stats and policy. Watch as the adverts start rolling out in the coming months, the Red team (e.g., Jason Lewis) will focus on statistics and data, the Blue team (e.g., Tina Smith) will focus on emotions.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
And the vast majority of the reason Blues like Obama is based on personality, not policy. This is nothing new, Blues focus much more on personality and emotion, Reds on policy and results. Simple example, look at Cuomo's COVID response in NY. The Blues think he's great, because he gives nice speeches that make you feel better; the Reds think he's terrible because of his decisions and the results. More local to home, watch the campaign adverts. For example, Walt's main theme for his Gov' race was "One Minnesota" - a let's all get along and be one family message -- very little on policy. Johnson was the opposite, stats and policy. Watch as the adverts start rolling out in the coming months, the Red team (e.g., Jason Lewis) will focus on statistics and data, the Blue team (e.g., Tina Smith) will focus on emotions.
Works for me. I'll be voting Smith, and I think a majority of Minnestoans will too, which is good. Jason Lewis is a walking disaster, as a politician. He should stick to the radio. Better heard, not seen.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Works for me. I'll be voting Smith, and I think a majority of Minnestoans will too, which is good. Jason Lewis is a walking disaster, as a politician. He should stick to the radio. Better heard, not seen.
Exactly, you vote based on emotions versus policy and results. About half the population fits into expressive and emotional based response, and the other half analytical and data. Half make decisions based on what makes them feel better at the time, the other half on what will ultimately result in the better long-term output. And, these metrics change as you age. I think it was Claretie that said something like, "If you don't vote liberal when you're 25 you don't have a heart, if you don't vote conservative when you're over 35 you don't have a mind".

stocker08

Reaction score

Okay. Your turn. Answer my question. What was Trump's "action plan" for dealing with COVID, other than fake "border closings"?

Answer the question.
"But but but.....what did Drumpf do wrong?" :ROFLMAO:

Lol. These goon righties can't tell their heads from their asses.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Exactly, you vote based on emotions versus policy and results. About half the population fits into expressive and emotional based response, and the other half analytical and data. Half make decisions based on what makes them feel better at the time, the other half on what will ultimately result in the better long-term output. And, these metrics change as you age. I think it was Claretie that said something like, "If you don't vote liberal when you're 25 you don't have a heart, if you don't vote conservative when you're over 35 you don't have a mind".
I can only speak for myself, and I vote based on who I think will do the most good for the state, every time.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
My side is right, your side is wrong, because I said so.

There is no "debate" any more in American politics. the two sides cannot agree on anything. They certainly cannot agree on what the "facts" are about any policy or situation, because each side wants to have their own facts.

I see people on here every day attacking the other side. and my response is that you are all wrong.

Sure, I have a point of view, and I have a vote. but in the larger context, one voice just does not matter. I don't matter. you don't matter. this is a meaningless, existential joke. the joke is on me and the joke is on you.

This is American Politics in 2020 - to a tee:

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Goldteam

Reaction score

There is no "debate" any more in American politics. the two sides cannot agree on anything. They certainly cannot agree on what the "facts" are about any policy or situation, because each side wants to have their own facts.

I see people on here every day attacking the other side. and my response is that you are all wrong.

Sure, I have a point of view, and I have a vote. but in the larger context, one voice just does not matter. I don't matter. you don't matter. this is a meaningless, existential joke. the joke is on me and the joke is on you.

Signifying nothing.
Can't argue a thing here. I think Trump at least tries!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Time to split the country.

Those who believe in the constitution as it is written, can stay on the side that inherits the current constitution.

Those who believe that a new, modern document should dictate the way of life, can move to the new country that will write a new constitution.

I'll be moving to the new country.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

Those who believe in the constitution as it is written, can stay on the side that inherits the current constitution.

Those who believe that a new, modern document should dictate the way of life, can move to the new country that will write a new constitution.

Exactly what they were saying in Venezuela when Obama started praising Hugo Chavez in 2009. You can move there, I'm sure they'd love to have you join them.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Exactly what they were saying in Venezuela when Obama started praising Hugo Chavez in 2009. You can move there, I'm sure they'd love to have you join them.
I'll move to the new country. You can stay in the current country.

Isn't that a fair solution? Somehow, why I do I get the feeling that you won't be satisfied unless you can oppress me under your worldview?

diehard

Reaction score

Signifying nothing.
Actually the right/Rs are sort of correct and the Ds are all wrong. Minnesota and California could go red in November the Ds are so bad.

golf

Reaction score

Answer the question.
No one is saying Trump's response was perfect. Point is that no one was perfect in their response to this thing.
Point is the press never mentions the shortcomings of anyone but Trump.

golf

Reaction score

100% agree. More power to the states. Hard to relocate to a different country, much easier to move to another state. Republicans have a history of limiting government, but don't pursue it much because dems play the "don't care for the needy" card when it comes to government programs. Also, blue states have the most debt so would no doubt be unhappy about losing federal revenues.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Sooooo, from your list, it sounds like Trump's mistakes were the same mistakes made my many, many people all over the country in the early stages of this, yes? Cuomo said the same things to New Yorkers, Pelosi said the same things to people urging them to come to SF/Chinatown, etc.

It's almost as if something like this has never happened before in any of our lifetimes... crazy...

Top Bottom