The Price of Reopening the Economy: Tens of Thousands of American Lives

Crosby

Reaction score
"Freedom" that Americans so richly think they deserve, is nothing more than a heritage of greedy, absconded Englishmen who decided they didn't want to send back the taxes they owed to the crown.

That's the long and the short of this "freedom", that you were raised to hold so dear. Load of rubbish.
Can't tell. Are you serious? It's not the freedom that I hold dear.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Can't tell. Are you serious? It's not the freedom that I hold dear.
I’m saying, your sensibility of freedom, that you think you have some birthright to, comes from that foundation.

Crosby

Reaction score
I’m saying, your sensibility of freedom, that you think you have some birthright to, comes from that foundation.
Ok, guess I am one of the deluded ones who thinks being an American does mean that you are entitled to certain freedoms. I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
"Freedom" that Americans so richly think they deserve, is nothing more than a heritage of greedy, absconded Englishmen who decided they didn't want to send back the taxes they owed to the crown.

That's the long and the short of this "freedom", that you were raised to hold so dear. Load of rubbish.
There's definitely some truth to this. The instigators of the revolution were, by and large, wealthy guys who whipped up populist sentiment against England for financial reasons. The one notable revolutionary leader who was what we'd call middle class was James Otis.

That said, we did need some cooler rules, as Jeff Spicoli put it. England was bleeding us like a tick.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
There's definitely some truth to this. The instigators of the revolution were, by and large, wealthy guys who whipped up populist sentiment against England for financial reasons. The one notable revolutionary leader who was what we'd call middle class was James Otis.

That said, we did need some cooler rules, as Jeff Spicoli put it. England was bleeding us like a tick.
Hmmm.

I didn't see you saying a word about China bending the usa over, nor any support for Trump taking them to task.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, the English Crown wasn't something to be marveled at, over history.

But America is basically founded by a bunch of assholes who came over here, stole the land from the people already living on it (killing them, as necessary), and told the crown "I'm over here now, I want to do whatever I feel like, and you can't tell me what to do!"

That is 100% the foundation and heritage of America, and the "freedom" that we so religiously embedded into our culture. That's why America is -- still -- such a craphole of people who put the "you can't tell me what to do!" sentiment above all else, even common sense and decency.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
^^^ thus proving that people continue to voluntarily distance and wear masks, and disproving that opening up is safe.

Top Bottom