the police thread

BTChamp

Reaction score
The bottom one
I hate getting into these massage wars, and this as far from being political as possible - I mean Ds and Rs, but Jesus F'ing Christ!!!!!! What the fuck. They cannot walk up to him and use positioning to subdue him AS HE IS LAYING DOWN ON HIS BACK!!!!!. They keep their distance and a whole squad opens fire (unintentional definition of a firing squad). It's hard to have pity when a group of non-peace officers does this and then they get ambushed. Is this Vietnam all over again, but on our own citizens? Granted I don't know the whole story (was he a threat, or cause a problem), but holy shit. Someone called this squad in because he must have a Sherman tank or an RPG in his back pocket. Enough of this and the people will revolt and it will get uglier than it already is.

I know he was reaching into his front pouch, and the cops don't know what's in there. I'm just pissed that this had to happen in the first place, when there has got to be a better way. This shoot first without trying to diffuse the situation has got to stop. Again, I don't know what led up to this, but if I'm homeless and laying on my back on a public sidewalk at a bus stop and a platoon walks to me and treats me like a pig at slaughter, I'd be defensive too. Under the disguise of freedom.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I hate getting into these massage wars, and this as far from being political as possible - I mean Ds and Rs, but Jesus F'ing Christ!!!!!! What the fuck. They cannot walk up to him and use positioning to subdue him AS HE IS LAYING DOWN ON HIS BACK!!!!!. They keep their distance and a whole squad opens fire (unintentional definition of a firing squad). It's hard to have pity when a group of non-peace officers does this and then they get ambushed. Is this Vietnam all over again, but on our own citizens? Granted I don't know the whole story (was he a threat, or cause a problem), but holy shit. Someone called this squad in because he must have a Sherman tank or an RPG in his back pocket. Enough of this and the people will revolt and it will get uglier than it already is.

I know he was reaching into his front pouch, and the cops don't know what's in there. I'm just pissed that this had to happen in the first place, when there has got to be a better way. This shoot first without trying to diffuse the situation has got to stop. Again, I don't know what led up to this, but if I'm homeless and laying on my back on a public sidewalk at a bus stop and a platoon walks to me and treats me like a pig at slaughter, I'd be defensive too. Under the disguise of freedom.
I hate to be cynical, but to me this feels like somebody's idea of how to solve the homelessness problem.

BTChamp

Reaction score
I hate to be cynical, but to me this feels like somebody's idea of how to solve the homelessness problem.
Brother, I hope this is not the case. I refuse to get into the R and D argument, but I don't know what else to think. They lined up like a firing squad with zero effort to de-escalate. They tried to provoke him to violence. I hope I am wrong, but if video like this keeps surfacing, there will be a bad ending. And there are plenty of well armed people that are more than capable of defending themselves.

This video was an absolute firing squad.

howeda7

Reaction score
Brother, I hope this is not the case. I refuse to get into the R and D argument, but I don't know what else to think. They lined up like a firing squad with zero effort to de-escalate. They tried to provoke him to violence. I hope I am wrong, but if video like this keeps surfacing, there will be a bad ending. And there are plenty of well armed people that are more than capable of defending themselves.

He vaguely may have put his hand near his waistband. But the idea that any of those officers feared for their life in that moment is ridiculous. No excuse for this.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
He vaguely may have put his hand near his waistband. But the idea that any of those officers feared for their life in that moment is ridiculous. No excuse for this.
In somewhere like Fallujah, you might think he had a bomb or something. But in a bus shelter?

Side note: There won't be protests. The man killed is white.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
In somewhere like Fallujah, you might think he had a bomb or something. But in a bus shelter?
Why not just walk over to him while he's sleeping and wake him up and...I guess that's part of the question: what was the objective of this mission? I do not doubt for a minute that this was a hammer in search of a nail. Goad him into doing something that they could at least arrest him for.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
The bottom one
Moral of story: Don't ever call the freakin police on a homeless man, or his blood will be on your hands. Take him out and buy him lunch, get him some bus tokens, give him a ten dollar bill, and wish him the best of luck.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

The truth of the matter is that law enforcement is statistically safer than truck driving or highway maintenance (which I've done, and I can tell stories that would curl your hair).

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score

I mean, how ridiculously stupid are these cops, anyway. Anyone with an IQ over 70 could tell that the homeless guy was either drunk or incapacitated in some way, and was incapable of complying with their ordinary English requests. The victim himself was so bemused with how ridiculous the cops were acting that he thought it was a joke, and told them to F-off. Since when does swearing at the police merit the firing squad.

Anyone know how this one turned out in court? I'm almost afraid to ask.

BTChamp

Reaction score
I mean, how ridiculously stupid are these cops, anyway. Anyone with an IQ over 70 could tell that the homeless guy was either drunk or incapacitated in some way, and was incapable of complying with their ordinary English requests. The victim himself was so bemused with how ridiculous the cops were acting that he thought it was a joke, and told them to F-off. Since when does swearing at the police merit the firing squad.

Anyone know how this one turned out in court? I'm almost afraid to ask.
I personally haven't heard how it turned out. I didn't even know it happened untiI I saw it here. My worry is there will be a group of people that will take it over the top and retaliate violently against the police if this stuff continues. There are enough mentally unbalanced people with no self restraint that don't care if someone was justifiably killed or not. They'll just take matters into their own hands.

golfing18now

Reaction score

Awesome logic here. Of course we have been told protesting and parades don't spread COVID so it makes sense. Never mind the fact the police wouldn't be on the streets if not for the protests and parades. #DefundThePolice

I have more respect than ever for the people willing to do this job under the circumstances of today.

Donovan

Reaction score
Get used to more of this stuff in the cities. Hard to imagine why folks are wanting to move out to suburbs again.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Won't be able to find any officers anyway, they'll all be at home sitting on the couch in a faux retirement paid by your tax dollars as they cringe to remember the horrific mental trauma inflicted on them by shooting protesters in the face with 'non-lethal' rounds.

Talk about gaming the system.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Jesus. Hopefully there are surveillance videos around so that they can find the bastards who did this.
This is what courage sounds like as she makes her call to the dispatcher while profusely bleeding from her gunshot wound to her mouth. This is a gut punch to listen to:

And as bystanders celebrate the shooting.

Wally

Reaction score
This is a complicated subject, and I've only known a small handful of cops. But respect for the law, particularly in urban areas, is a problem. And from my standpoint, they are correct, because most laws are unjust and BS. There are so many laws on the books, so many of them unjust, that if law enforcement wants to go after you, they can find some reason. And no one could possibly know all of the laws.
So the enforcement arm of those overreaching bad unjust laws are cops. And people feel harrassed by cops. The drug war is the most obvious, and biggest problem. Just as the prohibition era was one of lawlessness, police corruption, loss of respect for the law, etc.

#1, end the drug war. And get back to using police to protect rights.
Best post ever!
:love:

Top Bottom