The Next Time the Capitol is Attacked

OldBob53

Reaction score
We're Strong, You're weak. We're manly men with hairy chests, you're pussies. That was pretty much the message of the last insurrection/attack and it certainly looked that way live on TV and in footage reviewed later. That has got to stop, not only at the Capitol but generally in Republican vs Democratic relations.

At the Capitol next time a large mob numbering 10,000 or so appears threatening violence, station thousands of Capitol police on high perches well in advance and arm them well with assault rifles, and inside another couple thousand equally armed. Lock the doors and when the mob arrives announce through loud speakers:

1) Do not break and enter. If you do you will be fired upon.

2) If they do begin to break and enter fire on them first with rubber bullets, those inside and those encroaching outside, also employ tear gas liberally upon the nearest assembled.

3) If all else fails or if the mob captures and begins to take away the sidearms or rifles of police stationed outside, shoot them dead from above using scopes and of course live ammunition, all those threatening the captured and all those persisting in their assault.

4) All this is to say, Send a F'n Message: You want war, you can have it NOW.

diehard

Reaction score
We're Strong, You're weak. We're manly men with hairy chests, you're pussies. That was pretty much the message of the last insurrection/attack and it certainly looked that way live on TV and in footage reviewed later. That has got to stop, not only at the Capitol but generally in Republican vs Democratic relations.

At the Capitol next time a large mob numbering 10,000 or so appears threatening violence, station thousands of Capitol police on high perches well in advance and arm them well with assault rifles, and inside another couple thousand equally armed. Lock the doors and when the mob arrives announce through loud speakers:

2) If they do begin to break and enter fire on them first with rubber bullets, those inside and those encroaching outside, also employ tear gas liberally upon the nearest assembled.

3) If all else fails or if the mob captures and begins to take away the sidearms or rifles of police stationed outside, shoot them dead from above using scopes and of course live ammunition, all those threatening the captured and all those persisting in their assault.

Defund the capitol police. It's the Democrat way. You started a war with America.

Blizzard

Reaction score

I'd be down for this if it included black lives matter demonstrations, antifa riots, lootings, etc.

golf

Reaction score

Post of the week! I am sure in the interest of fairness you would apply your strategies to left and right rioting alike. I am definitely in. Return our country to civility.

John Galt

Reaction score
Boobie didn’t think this one out.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

I agree with the bold. Lets start with GFS.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Political theater. Maybe Walz should have used fencing to protect the Columbus statue?

My attempt at irony failed. The MN Capitol fences were erected because of the riots last summer. Per the OP's recommendation, all those causing trouble at the Capitol should have been shot.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Never heard of them.

George Floyd Square. You know, Lake Street.
No. I don't know. The intersection of 38th Street and Chicago avenue , otherwise known to some as George Floyd Square is not Lake Street. Lake street. is western extension of the great Marshall Avenue in St. Paul.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
No. I don't know. The intersection of 38th Street and Chicago avenue , otherwise known to some as George Floyd Square is not Lake Street. Lake street. is western extension of the great Marshall Avenue in St. Paul.

Ahh gotcha. I wasn't really sure where it was, I mistaken.

But I guess you do know where I'm talking about. So yes, clear GFS with force.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I believe it is already happening.
If it was happening it wouldn't have taken 15 months to start a 4 day (now) process.

So yes it is happening if you also think it should take about 15 months to clear out some protestors from the Capital Building.

STPGopher

Reaction score
If it was happening it wouldn't have taken 15 months to start a 4 day (now) process.

So yes it is happening if you also think it should take about 15 months to clear out some protestors from the Capital Building.
Patience. 15 months?

STPGopher

Reaction score
LOL. Patience. I'm sure you would want the same level of patience for the Boogaloo Boys sitting in the Capital. Give your head a shake.

I guess it was 13 months, sorry. Yeah, that makes it a lot better.
Relax. It was a joke. Next time I will use sarcasm alert.
They are using this:
chechen-smooth_78c88309-69a9-4a25-9147-56b269060d39_grande.jpg

Regarding time, I am under the impression that "officials" were waiting for such events as the trial to finish before starting such action. Haven't followed it that much, so obviously I am speculating.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Relax. It was a joke. Next time I will use sarcasm alert.
They are using this:
chechen-smooth_78c88309-69a9-4a25-9147-56b269060d39_grande.jpg

Regarding time, I am under the impression that "officials" were waiting for such events as the trial to finish before starting such action. Haven't followed it that much, so obviously I am speculating.
Yep, they said they were. The city was taken hostage and we waited until their demands were met. Now we are waiting more (it's funny how negotiating with these types never really works).

I get they had their reasons. But it should have been taken down with force by June 2021. That's unacceptable behavior in a civilized society.

I genuinely feel the same way about the people in the Capital. If those morons wouldn't have left (after like 3 hours), they should have been removed with force.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Yep, they said they were. The city was taken hostage and we waited until their demands were met. Now we are waiting more (it's funny how negotiating with these types never really works).

I get they had their reasons. But it should have been taken down with force by June 2021. That's unacceptable behavior in a civilized society.

I genuinely feel the same way about the people in the Capital. If those morons wouldn't have left (after like 3 hours), they should have been removed with force.
I always lean toward peaceful solutions. I don't think force early on would have done anything, but created more resentment and harm to police, and National Guard Units.

There was/ is no one single group in either case.

Going back to 38th and Chicago. I will only state that it grew to an unhealthy environment. Too many actions grew out of trauma. Some were retriggered being in that environment.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I always lean toward peaceful solutions. I don't think force early on would have done anything, but created more resentment and harm to police, and National Guard Units.

There was/ is no one single group in either case.

Going back to 38th and Chicago. I will only state that it grew to an unhealthy environment. Too many actions grew out of trauma. Some were retriggered being in that environment.
I gotcha. In some ways I agree with you. I just think allowing that kind of stuff - - people motivated by politics to violently take over areas (whether it's Capital Building or city blocks) will always trigger a reaction for people on the flip side of that coin.

The CHAZ thing was incredibly dangerous because it set a precedent. It set a precedent that it's okay to take places hostage.

As to your last point, I don't really care if their actions grew out of trauma. That isn't to say that I don't want to address the trauma, but horrific actions need to be dealt with.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I gotcha. In some ways I agree with you. I just think allowing that kind of stuff - - people motivated by politics to violently take over areas (whether it's Capital Building or city blocks) will always trigger a reaction for people on the flip side of that coin.

The CHAZ thing was incredibly dangerous because it set a precedent. It set a precedent that it's okay to take places hostage.

As to your last point, I don't really care if their actions grew out of trauma. That isn't to say that I don't want to address the trauma, but horrific actions need to be dealt with.
What I was trying to convey is that it was unhealthy because it triggered some once they entered that environment. Or in other words. An unhealthy environment made some snap while in said environment.

If we really want to get right down to it, that was a very good example of where mental health professionals should be allowed to support. This is also a good example of where police need more support, not less.

Is it fair to ask an officer to be:

A mental health expert?
A counsellor?
Social Worker?
Etc.?

Here and elsewhere, for a myriad of reasons, crappy environments are created then we send people in to "clean it up". Most with no familiarity or attachment to the area. Some with combat like training. IMHO not a good mix.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
What I was trying to convey is that it was unhealthy because it triggered some once they entered that environment. Or in other words. An unhealthy environment made some snap while in said environment.

If we really want to get right down to it, that was a very good example of where mental health professionals should be allowed to support. This is also a good example of where police need more support, not less.

Is it fair to ask an officer to be:

A mental health expert?
A counsellor?
Social Worker?
Etc.?

Here and elsewhere, for a myriad of reasons, crappy environments are created then we send people in to "clean it up". Most with no familiarity or attachment to the area. Some with combat like training. IMHO not a good mix.

It's a terrible time of when police should be supported by mental health experts. Police should end the illegal behavior and then mental health professionals should step in and try to help the criminals after the fact.

I'm not asking the police to "clean it up". I am saying they should have been given the authority to use force to end the illegal activity and make mass arrests. You can't begin to heal while you are currently holding city blocks hostage.

I doubt you wanted to send in social workers to the Capital Building.

Top Bottom