The new Corona virus, should we worry?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I posted several times the explosion in suicide ideation in young people. But I guess that’s not important to you.
I would say it’s at least a good indication resources are available more than ever to help everyone, especially younger people, through tough times.

Section2

Reaction score
I would say it’s at least a good indication resources are available more than ever to help everyone, especially younger people, through tough times.
GII. I like you. But this is a psychotic response.
The lockdowns and pandemic response has been a mental health disaster, FOR NOTHING!

Section2

Reaction score
I've seen it reported multiple places. You guys are so desperate to be victims of the media. Golf was so desperate he took offense to Cory Provus not opening his radio show with Happy Easter. That is the pathetic new low, but I believe you can top it!
I don’t care about Happy Easter (I don’t think of it as a happy holiday personally. Spend some time in South America, their celebrations aren’t very happy). I do care that the MSM goes after DeSantis when he’s been successful. It seems that you agree, since all you can do is throw out your favorite word again.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The lockdowns and pandemic response has been a mental health disaster, FOR NOTHING!
Not sure how it’s psychotic to say it’s at least good that suicides didn’t increase, which is a good indication more people are getting help. Saying that doesn’t mean I think increased depression isn’t a big deal.

The response has caused an increase in mental health issues but the pandemic itself has caused a lot too regardless of response. When many were praising Sweden for their response, they still saw a big increase in anxiety and depression. I’ve always agreed though that schools should have been our #1 priority to keep in person as much as possible.

Section2

Reaction score
Not sure how it’s psychotic to say it’s at least good that suicides didn’t increase, which is a good indication more people are getting help. Saying that doesn’t mean I think increased depression isn’t a big deal.

The response has caused an increase in mental health issues but the pandemic itself has caused a lot too regardless of response. When many were praising Sweden for their response, they still saw a big increase in anxiety and depression. I’ve always agreed though that schools should have been our #1 priority to keep in person as much as possible.
I’ll just assume you poorly worded it, because that’s exactly how that came across.

Section2

Reaction score
Which straw man is that?
You replied to me. I’ve never asserted anything about the number of suicides. Only the mental health toll and suicidal thoughts. Maybe you can quote someone else for your attempted dunk. I have receipts.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You replied to me. I’ve never asserted anything about the number of suicides. Only the mental health toll and suicidal thoughts. Maybe you can quote someone else for your attempted dunk. I have receipts.
Your post literally said, "suicide."

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Yes! Someone mentioned the plague earlier. The plague aftermath was the Renaissance, great improvements in technology, etc.
WWII comes to mind right away with all the technological advances. I also believe WWII influenced the mass production of penicillin.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I think you should stay away from Big Macs, Marlboros and Gopherhole, but that's just me.
Well I do, mostly.
If you draw a graph of human population starting 30,000 years ago you can actually see the Bubonic Plague in the graph
The census gathering back then must have been a *****. One of the more interesting Middle Ages public health interventions, PHIs in modern parlance, involved avoiding malodorous waste, ie anything that contributed to a toxic miasma. Town officials threatened to fine or imprison anyone that left eg smelly donkey dung in the street gutter as the foul stench was felt to contribute to the spread of disease. Perhaps this is why parking garage stairwells and college housing are a hotbed of COVID-19 spread,

Wally

Reaction score

At least there is an easy solution to all their problems.

I won't say it, because I am a sick f.
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Wally

Reaction score

Is Suicide bad for society?
I want the economist to analyze this for us ala freakanomics. Emotions are for pussies.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I volunteer Dr. Feigl-Ding for toilet flush duty. My world clock indicates this was posted at 10:30 PM PST which would be 1:30 EST, which would be 7:30 AM in Austria. Ich bin ein lüge. Offene schulen!

Section2

Reaction score
Is Suicide bad for society?
I want the economist to analyze this for us ala freakanomics. Emotions are for pussies.
Having a lot of healthy young people kill themselves is bad for society, yes. Having 2/3 of young people struggle with mental health issues is bad for society.

Top Bottom