The new Corona virus, should we worry?

cncmin

Reaction score
It’s not necessarily the most logical. Where then is the intermediate host? How was SARS- COV2 so readily evolved to be transmissible between humans immediately, “out of the box”? These are questions that haven’t been satisfactorily addressed and are not conspiracy-minded. They are scientific questions. Why did this pandemic originate blocks from the WIV? Just a freakish coincidence? Where are the early case records and interviews?

These are missing links that a non-science background individual may not consider and may then be more inclined to believe propaganda from individuals and governments with major league conflict of interest, offering obfuscation, evasion, and ridiculous alternative explanations.

Is your resistance to the discussion because of a certain ousted head of state?
Are you suggesting that all of the other major pandemics throughout history were also manmade/caused by science? Was Ebola manmade? The Bird Flu? The Swine Flu?

Was the Black Plague manmade? Measles? Polio? Smallpox? Chickenpox? Spanish Flu? HIV? Herpes? Lyme Disease? Seasonal flu? the common cold? All bad, highly transmissible diseases must have come from a laboratory in the depths of China because, well, they are basically Communist and so there's that. Right?

cncmin

Reaction score
...at your peril...:LOL::ROFLMAO:💩
The integrity of someone is reflective of those with whom they associate, and the credibility of an argument is reflective of those who agree with it. For example, if I wanted credibility in an argument, I most definitely would not want you, PD, or MoLester as the only entities being supportive of that argument. One should aim far higher.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The integrity of someone is reflective of those with whom they associate, and the credibility of an argument is reflective of those who agree with it. For example, if I wanted credibility in an argument, I most definitely would not want you, PD, or MoLester as the only entities being supportive of that argument. One should aim far higher.
Got it. You want lemmings who will believe your bullshit is gold.

justthefacts

Reaction score
There are zero controlled studies involving actual COVID spread. They are theories using limited questioning and cherry picked data to pass confirmation bias off as Science. Unfortunately you and many others still can't comprehend this.

The additional months of indoor drinking and eating in Wisconsin sure has killed many more people than in Minnesota, right? Oops, I guess not.
You demand rigorous, n=100000000 studies to determine whether indoor, non-masked activities are more likely to spread COVID, but are just fine with post hoc propter hoc analysis for any theory you like. This Wisconsin thing is a perfect example. "State A did one thing different from State B and they got similar results isn't exactly a controlled study." And, anyway, there were controls used in the CDC study, which I'm sure you didn't bother to read.

Here's another study that points to restaurants: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-superspreader-events-venues-include-restaurants-gyms-hotels/

Do you think that South Korea, China, the US CDC, the state of MI, and the state of MN all have it in for restaurants? That CDC study came out during the Trump admin.

We've also been over the fact many times that Wisconsin cities have implemented a lot of the same restrictions that the state cannot. You seem to forget that.

Oh, and BTW

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You demand rigorous, n=100000000 studies to determine whether indoor, non-masked activities are more likely to spread COVID, but are just fine with post hoc propter hoc analysis for any theory you like. This Wisconsin thing is a perfect example. "State A did one thing different from State B and they got similar results isn't exactly a controlled study." And, anyway, there were controls used in the CDC study, which I'm sure you didn't bother to read.

Here's another study that points to restaurants: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-superspreader-events-venues-include-restaurants-gyms-hotels/

Do you think that South Korea, China, the US CDC, the state of MI, and the state of MN all have it in for restaurants? That CDC study came out during the Trump admin.

We've also been over the fact many times that Wisconsin cities have implemented a lot of the same restrictions that the state cannot. You seem to forget that.

Oh, and BTW

It's not just Wisconsin. States in the same regions are following the same seasonal characteristics of every other coronavirus. Contact tracers are only focused on restaurants, bars, gyms, and can still tie only a small percentage back to them.

There has been decades of research that show universal masking and shutdowns cause more harm than good. There is zero reason schools shouldn't have all students in the classroom. All of those are backed by real Science, which didn't change in the last year.

justthefacts

Reaction score
It's not just Wisconsin. States in the same regions are following the same seasonal characteristics of every other coronavirus. Contact tracers are only focused on restaurants, bars, gyms, and can still tie only a small percentage back to them.

There has been decades of research that show universal masking and shutdowns cause more harm than good. There is zero reason schools shouldn't have all students in the classroom. All of those are backed by real Science, which didn't change in the last year.
A) There you go again. Multiple studies have found that restaurants are places the virus spreads, but you dismiss them for methodological reasons. But since other states have also had differently timed spikes, that means that the restaurants don't matter. Sound science there.

B) I'd be really interested to see these studies over decades showing that universal masking and shutdowns cause more harm. Please link to one. Should be easy if there are decades of them.

C) Nifty trick switching to a discussion of schools (with fewer adults, and way more masks) as opposed to restaurants.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Incognito mode, China. C’mon, man.

A Western intelligence official who has seen classified material told NBC News the U.S. has substantial intelligence that has not been made public about actions the Chinese government took — related to the Wuhan lab and other issues — that were designed to obscure the origins of Covid-19 and conceal its early impact. A former U.S. official who has also seen the intelligence agreed that it was significant, if inconclusive.

Both sources said the material, which they did not detail, did not add up to evidence that a lab accident occurred. But they said it raised enough circumstantial questions that analysts have been unable to rule out the lab scenario. U.S. intelligence officials declined to comment.

The intelligence, which includes documents, paints a picture of a Chinese government initially trying to hide the burgeoning pandemic from the outside world.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that all of the other major pandemics throughout history were also manmade/caused by science? Was Ebola manmade? The Bird Flu? The Swine Flu?

Was the Black Plague manmade? Measles? Polio? Smallpox? Chickenpox? Spanish Flu? HIV? Herpes? Lyme Disease? Seasonal flu? the common cold? All bad, highly transmissible diseases must have come from a laboratory in the depths of China because, well, they are basically Communist and so there's that. Right?
No. Again, I’m not suggesting anything other than the recent WHO trip was very odd and the conclusions don’t make sense at this time. Has anyone suggested anything approaching your wierd diatribe? You realize this type of research work has really only been going on for a few decades, and the BSL-4 facility has been around 2015.

Did OJ kill more than two people? He’s out there looking for the real killers, right now. The glove, it didn’t fit.

Spoofin

Reaction score
A) There you go again. Multiple studies have found that restaurants are places the virus spreads, but you dismiss them for methodological reasons. But since other states have also had differently timed spikes, that means that the restaurants don't matter. Sound science there.

B) I'd be really interested to see these studies over decades showing that universal masking and shutdowns cause more harm. Please link to one. Should be easy if there are decades of them.

C) Nifty trick switching to a discussion of schools (with fewer adults, and way more masks) as opposed to restaurants.
I'm not certain how much masks work - but I figure it is greater than 0 and it really isn't a bother to wear them so I wear mine everywhere I go when I am supposed to and/or am around people. No biggy and it makes others feel better. Check.

With that said, please don't use "contact tracing" and what "studies" have found using "contact tracing" as anything resembling actual science.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I'm not certain how much masks work - but I figure it is greater than 0 and it really isn't a bother to wear them so I wear mine everywhere I go when I am supposed to and/or am around people. No biggy and it makes others feel better. Check.

With that said, please don't use "contact tracing" and what "studies" have found using "contact tracing" as anything resembling actual science.
You should read the studies I linked

Blizzard

Reaction score

A Western intelligence official who has seen classified material told NBC News the U.S. has substantial intelligence that has not been made public about actions the Chinese government took — related to the Wuhan lab and other issues — that were designed to obscure the origins of Covid-19 and conceal its early impact. A former U.S. official who has also seen the intelligence agreed that it was significant, if inconclusive.

Both sources said the material, which they did not detail, did not add up to evidence that a lab accident occurred. But they said it raised enough circumstantial questions that analysts have been unable to rule out the lab scenario. U.S. intelligence officials declined to comment.

The intelligence, which includes documents, paints a picture of a Chinese government initially trying to hide the burgeoning pandemic from the outside world.

Sars escaped from a Chinese lab did it not?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Sars escaped from a Chinese lab did it not?
It wasn’t created in a lab, and in that case the intermediate host and evolutionary chain were identified: bats to civets to humans, and it was less adapted to be transmissible.

There are four SARS leaks on record from Chinese labs leading to some incidents IIRC, but I haven’t looked into the details. Bottom line is lab escapes are a real risk even if a low rate, and this type of research Daszak, Baric, and shi, and others are working on is inherently dangerous. I’m not surprised they are running propaganda 24/7. I hope the issue gets more scrutiny, even if SARS-COV2 eventually is shown to not be linked to research activities.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The question isn’t whether teachers should be vaccinated, but when and in front of who? Considering the lower risk environment should 22-45 year old teachers be vaccinated ahead of seniors, or adults with high risk disease or other conditions (obesity).

Do you just give in to them, or attempt reason? Public opinion can be flipped with a PR surge one way or the other.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Another huge problem with trying to compare Wisconsin to Minnesota is the stark difference in how their respective populations are spread out over multiple regional centers vs concentrated in one major metropolis.

Spreading events are often local clusters of spread. If a cluster of spread happened from a bar/restaurant in Fond du Lac County, that won't necessarily affect folks in Green Bay, Madison, Milwaykee, Wausau, Lacrosse, Eau Claire, etc.

Where as a cluster of spread in Dakota county here, has a much higher chance of spreading to Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington, Anoka counties, that are comparatively right next door.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

Ho-hum. Another anonymous source. They always have the very best information.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Former US official = hired by someone Trump appointed, so has now been canned. What does "Western" intelligence official mean?

justthefacts

Reaction score
We have talked about this at least 3 times in this thread. Masks and social distancing work.

Also, from your article:

You're not brave enough to actually posit a theory on why there's no flu, but I know you disagree with masks and social distancing, so I truly appreciate you proving yourself wrong.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Ho-hum. Another anonymous source. They always have the very best information.
Do you really think you are going to get people to go on record with information against any president? People may name themselves once out of the position they held like miles talyor did.

Top Bottom