The new Corona virus, should we worry?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Teachers' unions are definitely wielding too much power in this process. All along I've said that schooling should be based on levels of community spread. It doesn't have to be at zero, or even extremely low, it just can't be skyrocketing. It's basically not skyrocketing anywhere now, so I think the guidance should definitely be that most districts should be in school. Biden needs to tell the CDC Director to go with what the science says and ignore teachers.

cncmin

Reaction score
And once again you’re really poor at making good arguments. I suppose throwing around words like conspiracy is designed to shut down discussion. This is China we’re talking about. I don’t need to make up anything. I’m open to arguments from each side. Let’s see them! Not the frozen seafood from Europe one either - you’re on board with that theory as more plausible than an accident?
You're a smart guy. You do realize the irony you just made where in defense of your conspiratorial posts you said "This is China we're talking about. I don't need to make up anything." Right? Just because the source of the virus most likely came from China does not automatically mean the most logical answer (natural transmission) isn't the correct one. It might not be, but just saying well it's China is far insufficient from which to base an entire conspiracy theory.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Any of the blue governors who are saying "we need to get the kids back in school" are 100% full of shit and merely politically pandering to the voters. They are absolutely OWNED by the teachers unions and they know the teachers unions aren't going to do a damn thing no matter what the governor says. 100% hollow comments by the blue governors in an attempt to garner some modicum of support from any of their base that may be waning.

Newsom in California is a prime example. He's facing a recall and he is and always has been owned by the teachers unions. Essentially, the teachers unions are now calling the shots in California. Him coming out and saying they need to get the kids back in school is the peak of bullshit and flat out lying to the cameras in an attempt to save his political skin

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Pfifer's 40k trial included FIVE over 85. How is this possible?

1613425500383.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
Keep sticking up for embarrassingly brainwashed RWers like PD and MoLester at your own peril.
I hate to break it to you, but many of those you agree with on here are just as brainwashed to the left. Regardless - this trend to call out posters for "liking" what someone else posted or who's post they "liked" or who "liked" their post is something I would expect of a teenage girl. I also wouldn't expect an adult to call someone a molester because they don't like their political views, but here we are.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Pfifer's 40k trial included FIVE over 85. How is this possible?

View attachment 11689
“When you begin in human studies, you want to test in a population [that] is healthy, without underlying conditions,” says Dr. Paul Goepfert, director of the Alabama Vaccine Research Clinic and professor of medicine and microbiology at the University of Alabama.

“Since many elderly [people] have underlying medical conditions, this excludes them from early studies, as [they] also do not respond to vaccines as well,” explained Goepfert.
Exclusions aren’t unusual and can be important to safeguard the health of the study volunteers. Some individuals have severe or unstable risk factors that are known and should be excluded.

But companies may push to study only the healthiest people, since it may make getting FDA approval more expedient.

Older individuals often experience more side effects from vaccines in comparison to younger, healthier individuals. These complications and side effects can sometimes slow the FDA approval process.
There can be additional hurdles in enrolling elderly individuals, as not all of them have smart devices, which may be crucial to participating in the trial. They may also have mobility issues that keep them from getting to physician appointments.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Almost forgot to post this. was waiting for the 'beds in use' site to be updated. then it dawned on me that today was a holiday, so it wouldn't be updated. and so it goes. as far as I'm concerned, if I have to work, it's not a holiday.

MN Covid-19 update - Mon, Feb 15

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 452,308 +553. Including probable cases 474,169.

Positive test rate 3.2%.

Health-Care workers with positive cases 37,253 +24.

Cases no longer needing isolation 460,537 +1,012.

Active cases 7,254 -412.

Deaths 6,113 +2. Including probable deaths 6,378.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 3,890 no change. Including probable cases 4,016.

Total patients Hospitalized-cumulative 25,197 +41.

Total patients in ICU-cumulative 5,197 +9.

Total tests processed 6,603,904 +17,366.

Number of people tested 3,371,276 +5,677.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
You're a smart guy. You do realize the irony you just made where in defense of your conspiratorial posts you said "This is China we're talking about. I don't need to make up anything." Right? Just because the source of the virus most likely came from China does not automatically mean the most logical answer (natural transmission) isn't the correct one. It might not be, but just saying well it's China is far insufficient from which to base an entire conspiracy theory.
It’s not necessarily the most logical. Where then is the intermediate host? How was SARS- COV2 so readily evolved to be transmissible between humans immediately, “out of the box”? These are questions that haven’t been satisfactorily addressed and are not conspiracy-minded. They are scientific questions. Why did this pandemic originate blocks from the WIV? Just a freakish coincidence? Where are the early case records and interviews?

These are missing links that a non-science background individual may not consider and may then be more inclined to believe propaganda from individuals and governments with major league conflict of interest, offering obfuscation, evasion, and ridiculous alternative explanations.

Is your resistance to the discussion because of a certain ousted head of state?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I understand the game you are playing because you guys do it all the time. Craig and humbled beggar have devoted thousands of posts to this game on everything from 9/11 to Seth Rich to Benghazi to Stzrok-Page to election fraud. You are a lame newbie. It goes something like this: When you have no actual evidence of anything, you fill in the space with innuendo and open ended phrasing like "we don't know, but..." Then you post fringe conspiracy theories as quasi facts and tie it up neatly with a nice bow of supposedly circumstantial motives. At a later point, when it gets exposed for the nonsense that it is you, can claim that you never actually said the virus was developed in a Chinese lab. Your comment will be technically true, but.....

Keep trying.
I’ve never said it was developed by a lab. I’ve said this is an open investigation with a lot of loose ends. That is a completely different scenario. There is circumstantial evidence, lack of evidence of certain things.

The WHO delegation is taking an absence of evidence as evidence of absence, but the kicker is they weren’t even looking for evidence, or We’re prevented from viewing the evidence, or talking to the witnesses.

Why are you resistant to this topic, which is trending by the way now that Orange Man is picking ants out of Melania’s hair down in Florida.
I’m curious why you seem to feel this is a conspiracy theory? On what grounds?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
For Mpls and the rest of the doubters the crux of the “conspiracy theory” as you call it is discussed here by Drs Weinstein and Heying, PhD evolutionary biologists and visiting fellows at Princeton.

The segment starts at 11:25 if you want to hear the full discussion and get a quick, fair explanation for the skepticism.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but I'm not seeing where this guy says "we had very limited access. It wasn’t close to a thorough investigation."

Can you please point to where it says that?

On the contrary, I see:
"We go there as an international group and we're not part of the WHO, we're just independent experts. So there's clearly political pressure on Chinese authorities and WHO, I guess.

"So it was apparent and there were people from foreign affairs in China attending our meetings and so on. It was at times tense, but always very well mannered and good humoured."

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Intentionally harvesting viruses from caves, deep jungles, and god knows where else, amplifying their pathogenicity thru either serial passaging (selective breeding) or engineering designer spike proteins should be recognized as colossal-grade dumb****ery. We can’t possibly predict which permutation of nucleotides will emerge next and spread efficiently, or have a vaccine in hand for every possibility, or have it pre-tested in tens of thousands of people. It isn’t close to worth it, in terms of upside vs downside risk. This is a funding game with a conflict of interest quotient through the roof (re: the investigation), of course they don’t want their of research to die.
Harvesting viruses from the wild and studying them, without then doing GoF, is just basic science and virology. I'm guessing almost no one thinks it shouldn't be done. Guessing and hoping that includes you.

I can't think of a valid reason why you're trying so hard to couple basic science/virology with GoF. Trying to steal their funding for your own area of research?

Last edited:
Top Bottom